By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 on pace to beat Xbox 360!"

does anyone honestly believe that any console (other than the Wii) could have sales that good? they need to remember that the increase in sales was due to new games, a price cut and a new model, and of course, the Christmas season.

"2007 is almost over and SDF can ultimately declare the PS3 as the clear winner. It has been a terrific year for the PS3 with games such as Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Lair and many more… The PS3 success can also be thanked due to the horrific failure of the Wii and Xbox 360. The failures include Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Ninjabread Man, and the list can on and on. These failures made it pretty easy for the PS3 to dominate sales and hearts of true gamers."

Ok, this is from the article. While Ratchet and Clank Future and Uncharted were both superb games, Lair was a complete (almost) failure. and as far as the "horrific failure of the Wii and Xbox 360", Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, and Mass Effect from what I have gathered, are all excellent games as well. Even though I support Sony, this article was just completely retarded.

PSN ID: aceninja007

Around the Network

Heh, sdf writers = VGChartz members? Why else would they mention Ninjabread man, which we all know is an AAAAAAAAAA+++ title despite the opinions of others.

Anyway, I don't get this article. Even by SDF standards, they put absolutely no effort into it. It almost seems like someone hacked into SDF and posted it.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

lol, i knew that all the members of SDF are here

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

aceninja007 said:
does anyone honestly believe that any console (other than the Wii) could have sales that good? they need to remember that the increase in sales was due to new games, a price cut and a new model, and of course, the Christmas season.

"2007 is almost over and SDF can ultimately declare the PS3 as the clear winner. It has been a terrific year for the PS3 with games such as Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Lair and many more… The PS3 success can also be thanked due to the horrific failure of the Wii and Xbox 360. The failures include Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Ninjabread Man, and the list can on and on. These failures made it pretty easy for the PS3 to dominate sales and hearts of true gamers."

Ok, this is from the article. While Ratchet and Clank Future and Uncharted were both superb games, Lair was a complete (almost) failure. and as far as the "horrific failure of the Wii and Xbox 360", Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, and Mass Effect from what I have gathered, are all excellent games as well. Even though I support Sony, this article was just completely retarded.

Sony Defense Force is satire. The main reason for my posting this was not that I agreed with it or thought it was particularly funny, but that it used charts from VGChartz. Sony Defense Force is pretty well known, I think. Maybe I'm wrong.

omgwtfbbq: I agree that this article overall seemed a little lazy.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)

@agabara
believe it or not, I had never heard of SDF before now, though based on that article, the site is just a bunch of ridiculously extreme Sony fanboys.

PSN ID: aceninja007

Around the Network

Another "PS3 is about to beat Xbox 360" thread....

"Oh! no make it stop with these threads please!!!!

Its just been happening all week.......

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial

lolz

"Like you know"

the might be biased towards sony on that site

''Hadouken!''

Sorair said:
Another "PS3 is about to beat Xbox 360" thread....

"Oh! no make it stop with these threads please!!!!

Its just been happening all week.......

Either you're being sarcastic or you missed the reason why I made the thread.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)

Are you guys aware that sonydefenseforce.com is a prank site set up by a neogaf poster after one of that forum's memes?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).