By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 on pace to beat Xbox 360!"

Bitmap Frogs said:
Are you guys aware that sonydefenseforce.com is a prank site set up by a neogaf poster after one of that forum's memes?

Yes. The important question is if the site is popular. I thought it was. Is it?

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)
Around the Network
Ajax said:
they might be biased towards sony on that site

SRSLY!?!??!?!

sieanr said:
Vertigo-X said:
sieanr said:
I thought the Sony brand had already beaten both the Wii and 360?

Fixed.

Well I screwed that up.

leo-j brings the laughs yet again.

Your right Sieanr the Playstation brand won't be strong enough to handle what the Wii is becoming, soon they will can start counting TV & Laptop sales ;)

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Ajax why do u have one of my quotes as sig?

Wasn't it proven that they are the same people that run a 360 site?

Around the Network

@Aj:

Yes, but they are still great for a laugh

ay sdf just fools around alot i think

NOt great, but still funny, i love the "Algoritms" part...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

SDF is clearly a joke site, every time NPD comes out they manipulate it to say "Sony Family" encompassing all 3 sony consoles just so that they look better then the Wii, DS and 360. Even then sometimes the graph shows that combined, they barely beat one of Nintendo's consoles :D

By the way, that graph doesn't show the PS3 on track to beat the 360, if you look at year 1 for both consoles on this site, it says that they basically have the same sales rates (with I think the PS3 ending up on top by 100k sales). Seeing as how the 360 has a year advantage, Sony are on the same track, if the sales were double for the entire year, then they would be on track to beat 360, right now, they are keeping up with the 360. Only way I see Sony clearly on top of the 360 (with a difference of say, 200k worldwide) would be if they have an awesome year and the 360 have a dismal year (08 won't be that btw, PS3 will have an awesome year and the 360 a good year) OR if Sony extends the life of it's console at least 1 year more then the 360 (which according to their "10 year" plan seems likely).

Good, lets hope the PS3 will get its well earned RPG collection instead of the 360.

Geez, am I the only one around here who will applaud this, my god you guys are too biased

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo