By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY's in Trouble Next Generation: It's Current IP's Dont Not have the Power to Sell Console's + A Past Mistake may come back to Haunt Them!

Rol does these threads better than anyone here and it totally shows, anyway playstation games have NEVER EVER EVER been major sellers, library is what sell playystations to the 1000th time

oh and this statment: "PlayStation in a sense was made by 3rd parties for 3rd parties and SONY just sat back with its feet on the table to reep the benefits." was indeed as funny as it was utter bullshit

Around the Network

OMG... guys!!!! .. thats NOT what im asking :(

So your complaining that it doesn't have universal IPs? You know something, I don't see the problem. I could not be a Nintendo fan. During the Wii's lifetime, the only time I heard of big titles were Mario related. RIght now, off the top of my head, It was the new super mario bros Wii, Mario Kart, SMBB, SMG and SMG 2. I like the direction sony takes. They have tried many franchises. Uncharted, GOW, LBP, MotorStorm, Killzone and others within recent memory. The games they make just appeal to me. To me they have a great balance, and my library reflects that. I got RPGs, FPSs, Third person, Adventure, Racing, Platformers, and even motion games (Move) I got a little bit of everything and I'm excited for many different and diverse games coming soon. This is probably flawed, but unlike Nintendo, they make franchises. They don't relay on two or three iconic figures to move their system. They got a wide array of characters, worlds, and stories that never seize to amaze me. I don't wanna see the same characters and the same god forsaken story over over and over again, just a bit more ridiculous. I don't wanna see the same plumber and elf saving their respective princess 5 times. I wanna travel to the temple of shambala, ride the apocalyptic ruins of the City, travel planets with my trusty wise cracking robot side kick, choose between hero and villain, drive alien invaders back to where ever they came from, hell, even visit millions of different levels made by us, the gamers. They may be in trouble as you say, because they aren't selling 10 million copies with their exclusives, but I love these games, whether they sell 500,000 copies or 5 million copies. I'm a sony fan and I can confidently say they have games you will never experience outside of it, just as Nintendo and Microsoft do.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm pretty sure there was already an analysis done, I think someone posted it on this site, which showed that individual games don't sell consoles, 360 or PS3.

So whatever, I'm sure you put a lot of though into this. Why it's about the Sony and not consoles in general doesn't help your credibility.

That's cool with me...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Areym said:
So your complaining that it doesn't have universal IPs? You know something, I don't see the problem. I could not be a Nintendo fan. During the Wii's lifetime, the only time I heard of big titles were Mario related. RIght now, off the top of my head, It was the new super mario bros Wii, Mario Kart, SMBB, SMG and SMG 2. I like the direction sony takes. They have tried many franchises. Uncharted, GOW, LBP, MotorStorm, Killzone and others within recent memory. The games they make just appeal to me. To me they have a great balance, and my library reflects that. I got RPGs, FPSs, Third person, Adventure, Racing, Platformers, and even motion games (Move) I got a little bit of everything and I'm excited for many different and diverse games coming soon. This is probably flawed, but unlike Nintendo, they make franchises. They don't relay on two or three iconic figures to move their system. They got a wide array of characters, worlds, and stories that never seize to amaze me. I don't wanna see the same characters and the same god forsaken story over over and over again, just a bit more ridiculous. I don't wanna see the same plumber and elf saving their respective princess 5 times. I wanna travel to the temple of shambala, ride the apocalyptic ruins of the City, travel planets with my trusty wise cracking robot side kick, choose between hero and villain, drive alien invaders back to where ever they came from, hell, even visit millions of different levels made by us, the gamers. They may be in trouble as you say, because they aren't selling 10 million copies with their exclusives, but I love these games, whether they sell 500,000 copies or 5 million copies. I'm a sony fan and I can confidently say they have games you will never experience outside of it, just as Nintendo and Microsoft do.

Cool Story Bro! now hows that Solve SONYS upcoming problem?

wow...longest thread title ever?

OT: I really don't see a problem for Sony's next gen console, the games you mention are definite system sellers, Sony doesn't need some blockbuster title that's going to sell hundreds of thousands of consoles, all they need to do is do what they've been doing since about 2009; release their first paty titles on a montlhy/quartely basis with some affordable pricing to atleast keep their sales consistent.

true. the 3rd party support isn't what it used to be back in the PS1/PS2 era but even now Sony is still getting more party support when it comes to multiplats; EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar are ones I can only think of now, if Sony can somehow improve on these relationships we could see more exclusive content come their way, hell maybe even some exclusive titles.

I think another think it's worth mentioning is that Sony has a strong brand-name/loyalty in both Japan and EU, I think for their next console Sony's needs to get America back like the way the had them during the PS1/PS2 era

arcane_chaos said:

wow...longest thread title ever?

OT: I really don't see a problem for Sony's next gen console, the games you mention are definite system sellers, Sony doesn't need some blockbuster title that's going to sell hundreds of thousands of consoles, all they need to do is do what they've been doing since about 2009; release their first paty titles on a montlhy/quartely basis with some affordable pricing to atleast keep their sales consistent.

true. the 3rd party support isn't what it used to be back in the PS1/PS2 era but even now Sony is still getting more party support when it comes to multiplats; EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar are ones I can only think of now, if Sony can somehow improve on these relationships we could see more exclusive content come their way, hell maybe even some exclusive titles.

I think another think it's worth mentioning is that Sony has a strong brand-name/loyalty in both Japan and EU, I think for their next console Sony's needs to get America back like the way the had them during the PS1/PS2 era

Your answer is perfect but just like all the previous responses....it is not what the OP was hoping for.  So, this reply will be replied with an annoying "you missed the entire point, lolz" 

Did you not read the op?  can you not read the op?  you can't read can you?  Please try again.   LMAFOMAOFOFOFOFFOFFOFFFOFOFOFOLOL!

I'm enjoying my ps3 now... ps4 can wait

Galaki said:
Isn't it too early to call PS4 d0med?

Too early to call a console d0med? Have you met VGChartz?