By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 4 vs GT5: Forza 4 raise the bar

TT Makaveli said:
for me as a HUGE GT fan i really love it how Forza developes...maybe this is what Poliphony needs to step their game up...i mean we see a Forza every 2 years and they always improved...in GTs case it was 6 years and yes they also improved but not as much as Turn10 did...and Poliphony had sooo much more time so its for some people in the end kind of disappointing...i hope Poliphony sees this and that they get their asses up and work on the best GT ever...

The time spended on GT5 is bullshit.

Poliphony Digital Staff : 110
Turn 10 Staff : 300

After 2006 Poliphony Digital worked in Tourist Trophy, Gran Turismo HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Gran Turismo (PSP) and Gran Turismo 5. Turn 10 in the same period worked in Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3 and Forza Motorsport 4.

300 employess working in 3 titles vs 110 employess working in 5 titles.

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:

Ok, just took these, ingame - gameplay shots from GT5.  They are nothing spectacular and i didnt put much time into them but, there you have it.

2.)

3.) I took this one as close as i possibly could to show off the lack of pixelation.  It does show some lineing drawing though.

yeap definately looks better in forza when it comes to effect on the textures even you should see that... those look faded compare to real world picture...... they both look great in design... what forza is doing better right now is effect on top of the car each texture is more vibrant no question asked.... now again the real important part in a simulation is how it drives not how it looks... we'll see then

Personal opinion: If determining the overall graphical fidelity in games were simplified to a .5 scale....

Forza 3 = 8.5
G T 5 = 8.0
Forza 4 = 9.5

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
I'm beginning to think that Gran Turismo 5 is the most discussed topic of vgchartz.

I will see the videos soon... after go back from one day trip .

Biggest PS3 exclusive, on a site largely composed of PS3 fans.

At OP: Forza 4 looks better, but how many cars will Forza 4 sport? Graphics also aren't everything. Forza 3's graphics looked almost on par with GT5's. The more focused cars in Forza 3 looked roughly as good as the prenium cars in GT5, except GT5 cars had a rear in car view. However in general GT5 prenium cars looked better then Forza 3 cars. Then again, only 20% of GT5 cars were prenium, the other 80% were sub Forza 2 level in graphics. Track detail was about the same, however Forza 3 doesn't have any city courses.

I expect Forza 4 to look better then GT5 graphically in almost every aspect because Forza 3 was ~ GT5 level of graphics (as stated, each has their own strengths), but that's not everything. Gameplay is most important, and GT5 feels like a better Sim. Weight distributions really feel like they make more of a difference in GT5 then Forza 3, especially when braking. GT5 also included NASCAR and Rally, but I don't care for that.

If Forza 4 can surrpass GT5 in terms of physics, and includes a rear in car view on all their cars, and maybe has special events or lecencing, or a used car shop like GT5 (buying a new 1970's car makes no sense, used car shops add thrills), then I will be very happy. I know GT5 is a longer game, especially if you're going for all gold, and all cars, but Forza 3 is still over 100 hours, and much less repetitive. I feel Forza is already better then GT5, but in order for everyone to see that it has to trump GT5 in every way possible.

Forza 4 doesn't need Rally, and NASCAR, it's a strict race track Sim, but in order for everyone to finally accept GT has been beat, it needs significantly better graphics, better physics, in car view and rear view on all cars, and some new features like special events. It can do this if Turn 10 tries.

I can't wait for the game, have they revealed anything about it yet? Car list, extra features? etc?

I agree with you on many things but let me say that:

Number of cars is not that important. Yes, it's nice having those hundreds of cars, but how many of them are actually useful?

Number of tracks racetracks. Definitely the weakest point of Forza. They need to add more racetracks and stop using reusing the same one with different lenghts. Just stop it. BTW in Forza 3 there are 3 city courses: New York with its awful false chicanes (I hate them!), Amalfi Coast and Rally di Positano. And honestly I prefer real racetracks than the urban ones.

Qualifying. Is it that hard to introduce this in Forza? Why do we always have to start being the 7 of 8?

Nascar, Rally, F1. They can be good, even fun extras, but I agree that they are not necessary.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Don't worry GT6 will be out and destroy it.
... In 10 years.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Well, I know it'll support Kinect for one.

Head Tracking, just like in GT5.

I hope Forza 4 gets special events like in GT5, those events made that game so much better. I know Forza 4 will have exclusive Top Gear US content, and possibly the Top Gear US test track. Also 16 player races is part of FM4, just like GT5

All I want is improved car models and rear in car view on the 600 Plus cars, and maybe some special events and licencing.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Turn 10 has entered a multiple year partnership with the BBC's Top Gear [11]

The content provided by the BBC's BAFTA award-winning television show Top Gear, will include narration from presenter Jeremy Clarkson during the virtual showroom (Autovista) navigation.[12] and will also feature the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold aerodrome in Guildford, UK [13] The first in game demo of Jeremy Clarkson in Autovista was revealed at E3 2011. [14]

An extra piece of content for Top Gear fans is the addition of the reasonably priced car, the KIA Cee'd. At E3 players were able to complete laps of the top gear track and record their own times. [15] The Top Gear test track in Forza 4 will also feature authentic camera angles during replays.'

Wikipedia....AWESOME!!!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

trasharmdsister12 said:
Michael-5 said:

All I want is improved car models and rear in car view on the 600 Plus cars, and maybe some special events and licencing.

I believe it was announced to have 500+.

Also I found this lengthy presentation by Dan Greenawalt and am really enjoying watching it (about 3/5 through) so I thought I'd share it. It highlights a few of the new features and advancements they've made in various areas (graphics, AI, race types, etc.).

They said you can import almost every car from Forza 3 into Forza 4. So since Forza 3 has about 600 cars with DLC, I assumed over 600. Also generally they add cars to sequels, not reduce.

trasharmdsister12 said:

Michael-5 said:

They said you can import almost every car from Forza 3 into Forza 4. So since Forza 3 has about 600 cars with DLC, I assumed over 600. Also generally they add cars to sequels, not reduce.

Really? Do you have a link for that? That'd be pretty cool if they make a good set of new cars specifically for Forza 4. It'll give us a lot of toys to play with. Forza 3 shipped with 400+ so they probably just meant Forza 4 will ship with 500+ on disc(s) wherever I read the 500 number.

There's plenty of race fans that have put a ton of time into Forza Motorsport 3. These people will be glad to know that they'll be rewarded for that time and effort in Forza 4

Turn 10 says that your profile from Forza 3 can be imported into Forza 4 through a feature called Profile Import. Based on player level and and the cars in your garage, Forza 4 will reward you with gift cars, bonus gifts and credits. This means that you'll pop in Forza 4 and see new rides in your garage. 

There's also good news for those who spent a lot of time making layers and liveries in the Livery Editor: You will be able to import those layers in Forza 4. Nice. Thanks, Turn 10.

http://www.destructoid.com/forza-4-will-let-you-import-forza-3-profile-gifts-cars-202082.phtml

Maybe I misread it, Wikipedia changes the wording to make it sound like almost any car is importable.

"Players will be able to import their Forza Motorsport 3 profiles into Forza Motorsport 4, giving them the ability to transfer a certain amount of in-game credits and gifted cars into their new garage. The amount allowed transferred is based on how long they have played the game and how many cars and credits they have.

Wikipedia

P.S. Forza 3 shipped with over 500 cars, and with DLC it's closer to 600. Forza 2 had about 300 cars, and approached 400 with DLC. That's why I think Forza 4 will have 600 Plus on disk

trasharmdsister12 said:
Michael-5 said:

Maybe I misread it, Wikipedia changes the wording to make it sound like almost any car is importable.

"Players will be able to import their Forza Motorsport 3 profiles into Forza Motorsport 4, giving them the ability to transfer a certain amount of in-game credits and gifted cars into their new garage. The amount allowed transferred is based on how long they have played the game and how many cars and credits they have.

Wikipedia

P.S. Forza 3 shipped with over 500 cars, and with DLC it's closer to 600. Forza 2 had about 300 cars, and approached 400 with DLC. That's why I think Forza 4 will have 600 Plus on disk

In the presentation video I posted above Dan Greenawalt talks about profile import. It's so those people who are accustomed to higher speed cars from Forza 3 don't have to build their way back up to those cars when they pop in Forza 4. It rewards the player with cars in Forza 4 from the get-go depending on their accomplishments in Forza 3 without having to grind.

Also according to Wikipedia Forza 3 shipped with 400+ and the Ultimate Collection version shipped with 500. Either way it's a whole lotta cars and the customization keeps them fresh.

I went and counted. 521 cars in game with DLC. It's been a while since I played Forza, sorry for the wrong number. Thought Forza 3 had close to 600 cars, but now I remember. Forza 2 had like 250, and got bumped to over 300 with DLC. Forza 3 has 425 or something, and got boosted to 521.