By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 4 vs GT5: Forza 4 raise the bar

I wouldn't be surprised if Forza 4 did look better than GT5.

GT5 is going to be a year old by the time F4 releases. There would be a problem if F4 didn't look better.

Around the Network

I'm a big time GT fanboy, but in a way I'm glad Forza is raising the bar so much. That will force Polyphony to really work hard to make GT6 way better. GT5 was a great game no doubt, but it was very underwhelming after 5 years of waiting.

I'm starting to really like Forza, and if Forza 4 is amazing and GT6 is another disappointment I may start to switch loyalties.

Forza 4's lightning looks fantastic... but to me where it shines is from all the features it has over GT5, I will spend so much time just watching the cars info and customizing my cars with paints. To me these features alone are really pushing GT aside. I love cars and I love to customize. The graphics are a nice addition, those who complain because some like the trees, well, when I drive I like to look around me (I travel a lot by car) and I will do the same in this one.

I would like a game where you could race not in a circuit but from Canada to Mexico by car and see all the nature, mountains and cities.

yo_john117 said:
Gran Turismo vs anything always turns out horribly.

I couldn't agree more.  The defense force for Gran Turismo in these forums is SOOOOO strong.  More so than any other game I've ever seen.  Which is weird cause its not on really any other website.

Anyways on topic I personally didn't think GT5 looked that much better than Forza 3 did and in some cases it looked worse.  Forza 4 however looks beautiful but either way this thread won't end well.

Around the Network

Forza 3 was already better, So making Forza 4 not better is a long shot.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
Gran Turismo vs anything always turns out horribly.

I couldn't agree more.  The defense force for Gran Turismo in these forums is SOOOOO strong.  More so than any other game I've ever seen.  Which is weird cause its not on really any other website.

Anyways on topic I personally didn't think GT5 looked that much better than Forza 3 did and in some cases it looked worse.  Forza 4 however looks beautiful but either way this thread won't end well.

Well I imagine its because GT is the Playstations biggest franchise so people feel the need to defend it at great lengths even if they're wrong....its kind of like the 360 and Halo or the Wii and the Wii series.

ethomaz said:
I'm beginning to think that Gran Turismo 5 is the most discussed topic of vgchartz.

I will see the videos soon... after go back from one day trip .

Biggest PS3 exclusive, on a site largely composed of PS3 fans.

At OP: Forza 4 looks better, but how many cars will Forza 4 sport? Graphics also aren't everything. Forza 3's graphics looked almost on par with GT5's. The more focused cars in Forza 3 looked roughly as good as the prenium cars in GT5, except GT5 cars had a rear in car view. However in general GT5 prenium cars looked better then Forza 3 cars. Then again, only 20% of GT5 cars were prenium, the other 80% were sub Forza 2 level in graphics. Track detail was about the same, however Forza 3 doesn't have any city courses.

I expect Forza 4 to look better then GT5 graphically in almost every aspect because Forza 3 was ~ GT5 level of graphics (as stated, each has their own strengths), but that's not everything. Gameplay is most important, and GT5 feels like a better Sim. Weight distributions really feel like they make more of a difference in GT5 then Forza 3, especially when braking. GT5 also included NASCAR and Rally, but I don't care for that.

If Forza 4 can surrpass GT5 in terms of physics, and includes a rear in car view on all their cars, and maybe has special events or lecencing, or a used car shop like GT5 (buying a new 1970's car makes no sense, used car shops add thrills), then I will be very happy. I know GT5 is a longer game, especially if you're going for all gold, and all cars, but Forza 3 is still over 100 hours, and much less repetitive. I feel Forza is already better then GT5, but in order for everyone to see that it has to trump GT5 in every way possible.

Forza 4 doesn't need Rally, and NASCAR, it's a strict race track Sim, but in order for everyone to finally accept GT has been beat, it needs significantly better graphics, better physics, in car view and rear view on all cars, and some new features like special events. It can do this if Turn 10 tries.

I can't wait for the game, have they revealed anything about it yet? Car list, extra features? etc?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Why do car games always look SO damn amazing on the trailer? This includes Forza 3 and GT5 both of which were extremely underwhelming after I actually got my hand son them. The trailer just look so much better its like I'm watching an FFXIII cutscene lol.

for me as a HUGE GT fan i really love it how Forza developes...maybe this is what Poliphony needs to step their game up...i mean we see a Forza every 2 years and they always improved...in GTs case it was 6 years and yes they also improved but not as much as Turn10 did...and Poliphony had sooo much more time so its for some people in the end kind of disappointing...i hope Poliphony sees this and that they get their asses up and work on the best GT ever...