By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could have any job in the gaming industry, what whould it be?

CEO of Square Enix

- Get Wada the fuck out of Square Enix
- Get some proper time management and work schedule going in SE
- Leave the Eidos section as it is coz as of right now I cannot think of a way to improve them yet. They're doing great.
- Stop this 'secrecy' shit of not showing anything for years and don't make fans wait.
- Which brings me to the next point of making sure it doesn't take over 6 years to make a fuckin game.
- Invest on proper and appealing IPs and not shit like Mindjack and what not.
- I dunno if it's Tetsuya Nomura who wants to do this, but I wanna make sure he focuses on 2 projects MAX at a time. I love this guy, he's been a big fav for many years but I wanna do this so that he gets things done before moving onto the next project.

Around the Network

Head of SCE or MS's game division

What i would do in that position is to create an new console that would be entirely for core-hardcore gamers. It focus on traditional controls (keyboard and gamepad) and will be an powerful machine but would be extremely easy to develop for and reduce the costs of producing games on it.

It will be an console that would come in 2, one as an full fledged console another as an PC attachment. The pc attachment would be an smaller device with no psu or fans and would be attachable to an special motherboard and allow for regular pc parts to be installed but this box would contain its own cpu and gpu and ram to run games, so its an cheap alternative to getting an gaming rig but can support an crossfire gpu and extra ram for increase preformance. It would be to target the pc gaming community and unite them under an single banner so pc gamers get all the games offered for console without being gimped or heavily drm. The console would support keyboard an mouse as well.

It would contain Steam built in as the DD with valve still running it and would combine all the console titles released for the last gen available on that network. It would have blue ray so boxed favor gamers can still use it and to be backwards compatible, and offer DD and cloud services. So it will offer 3 ways to get your games. Its unique factor would be an camera that built into the front of the box or an attachment that isn't for motion control but to read facial reaction, body temp and track the reactions of the gamer. HR would come from the controller and the developer can use this information to create experiences solely on what the player is reacting.

Basically an console that for the core and hardcore gamers that is easy to develop for and provides power for next gen games and also gather pc gamers and get them in on the action without gimping what they love when it comes to pc gaming.

now sony or ms, why aren't you making an console like that

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

badgenome said:
I'd want to be president of Square-Enix, only because that would mean Wada wouldn't be.

Sweet, I was undecided on where to go since it was a toss up between SE and Nintendo. Now I can take over as president of Nintendo without any worries, good job!

E3 booth babe. It would be a chance to......HEY! Where are you going? I listened to yours!! Aww.

hmm...working @ Kojima Productions for the God?but only for Sony exclusive games ^^

Around the Network

Any of these 3:
1. President of Square Enix: I'd kill Enix, and all of Everyone who were Enix staff, bring back old members, and bring back The Dream Team with HUGE payment.
2. The guy in charge of Zelda, kill eveything for handhelds, kill cell shading and make my hyper realistic HD Zelda 100+ hours for WiiU.
3. Gabe Newell, so I can make Half-Life 3 a Nintendo exclusive, thus making one of the biggest and most dangerous flame wars of all time.

I think I'd just settle for a Machinima respawn member, not one of those YouTube directors, but actually playing and living in LA - Seananners has an awesome job .

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

badgenome said:
I'd want to be president of Square-Enix, only because that would mean Wada wouldn't be.

I'll second this.

RolStoppable said:
I would like to be one of the higher ups at Nintendo. Not someone who gives interviews, just a to the public invisible man who makes sure that Nintendo makes the right decisions.

Are you confident you would only make right decisions?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Music Director, Voice Actor or Scriptwriter. XD