By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My theory indicates that the FFXII team are making FFXV and it will be out in 2014.

Tagged games:

Are the FFXII team currently making FFXV?

Yes. 23 60.53%

No. 15 39.47%

Total:38
darthdevidem01 said:
Galvanizer said:

Here's the thing though, would Ito really hire Nojima to write for his game or would he hire Matsuno who he has worked with twice on FFT and FFXII? 

Then you've got the fact that Hiroshi Minagawa has already shown off a video of Rabanastre from FFXII running on Unreal Engine 3. If they are making areas of Ivalice in Unreal Engine 3 then it's likely there's a HD game set in Ivalice in production by Division 4. Would they really hire Nojima to write the story of a Ivalice game?

As I've stated, Nojima is very closely linked to Division 1. I doubt Division 4 will bring him over to help with their game. Even if Nojima is not busy right now, that doesn't mean he's not working on any unannounced projects for Division 1. Who is writing KH 3D? Who is writing Birth by Sleep: Volume 2? Who is writing other games that are yet to be announced in Fabula Nova Crystallis series?

We'll have to see, but if Minagawa is involved in FFXV along with Ito and the game is set in Ivalice, then there's not a chance that Nojima will be attached to the project. Matsuno would most definitely be the writer.

Thats basically it, I don't think FFXV will be an Ivalice title, I feel it will be in a similar setting to FFIX so like medieval. If thats the case hiring Nojima should be no problem.

However IF FFXV is to be an Ivalice game then most definetely only Matsuno should be hired to do the story, Nojima doesn't understand Ivalice.

Apart from Watanabe, Nojima, Matsuno etc who are the main writers at Square-Enix. Do you think they might hire writers from outside to do the story for FFXV (If its not Ivalice)? WRPG devs do this all the time.

Can you link me to Matsuno's twitter, if he is coming to E3 next year then he may very well be in charge of FFXV or he will have some big project coming up!!!!!!!

Also who is Minagawa exactly?

The main writers working at Square Enix are Watanabe and Toriyama. There is another writer called Yaeko Sato that is working on FFXIV. Everyone else is freelance. This includes Nojima, Matsuno, Masato Kato and whatever other writer they use.

Here's is Matsuno's tweet about going to E3 next year:

So he's currently busy on a project but he expects to be able to go to E3 2012. I'm thinking that's where FFXV will be announced.

Oh, and here's is the Wikipedia page for Hiroshi Minagawa.

Around the Network

I should also add to my above post that that tweet by Matsuno was made on April 22, 2011 and Matsuno had an interview with 4Gamer in the Square Enix HQ a few days later.

So whatever project he is working on, it's likely with Square Enix.

Galvanizer said:
I should also add to my above post that that tweet by Matsuno was made on April 22, 2011 and Matsuno had an interview with 4Gamer in the Square Enix HQ a few days later.

Youir pic of matsuno's tweet is coming as domain unregistered.

I read your wikipedia page on Minagawa, could it be Matsuno groomed him to be his successor?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Galvanizer said:

Youir pic of matsuno's tweet is coming as domain unregistered.

I read your wikipedia page on Minagawa, could it be Matsuno groomed him to be his successor?

Here's the URL to the Matsuno tweet again. If it this doesn't work then tell me so I will upload it again: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9324/matsunoe3.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, It does seem likely that Minagawa has taken Matsuno's place as the main director of games by Division 4. Minagawa took his place as Co-Director of FFXII when Matsuno left the project due to sickness. However, Minagawa clearly wants to keep working with Matsuno so I'm guessing that Minagawa is just the leader of Division 4 while Matsuno is still the creative force on their games.

So it is going to release before versus FFXIII ? =p

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
So it is going to release before versus FFXIII ? =p

Nah, Versus XIII is scheduled to launch in late 2012 in Japan.

Is anybody on this website on twitter?

Is so, can you please tweet Yasumi Matsuno and ask him what company his new unannounced project is with? It would be greatly appreciated.

Here's his twitter page.

Galvanizer said:

Is so, can you please tweet Yasumi Matsuno and ask him what company his new unannounced project is with? It would be greatly appreciated.

Here's his twitter page.

I asked him about details of his next project he said to wait for the offical announcement. so i'm quite happy to know he'll be back, and it will probabily be with Sqaure, i dont see Madworld 2 going ahead at this point... but i dont know if it will be FF15, just the development problems from FF12 that we know about and that we dont know about leave too many questions on whether Matsuno even wants to come back to a big project.

but... if we look at Konami, they outsourced Castlevania to a western developer and what came out was a well recieved game. Capcom are also doing this with Devil May Cry. and Square wont outsource FF to a foreign developer, so i think they will have the balls to put their chips on the FF12 team, because using this team is a controversal decision like Konami and Capcom are doing, since they are not the FF7 team, and a lot of the things FF13 wasnt well recieved for FF12 was.

in a nutshell, if Square are going to do what Konami and Capcom are doing, then i think they will give the project to the FF Tactics & FF12 team.

A203D said:
Galvanizer said:

Here's his twitter page.

I asked him about details of his next project he said to wait for the offical announcement. so i'm quite happy to know he'll be back, and it will probabily be with Sqaure, i dont see Madworld 2 going ahead at this point... but i dont know if it will be FF15, just the development problems from FF12 that we know about and that we dont know about leave too many questions on whether Matsuno even wants to come back to a big project.

but... if we look at Konami, they outsourced Castlevania to a western developer and what came out was a well recieved game. Capcom are also doing this with Devil May Cry. and Square wont outsource FF to a foreign developer, so i think they will have the balls to put their chips on the FF12 team, because using this team is a controversal decision like Konami and Capcom are doing, since they are not the FF7 team, and a lot of the things FF13 wasnt well recieved for FF12 was.

in a nutshell, if Square are going to do what Konami and Capcom are doing, then i think they will give the project to the FF Tactics & FF12 team.

I personally think that FF15 is already in development by the FF12 team. If they tried to start a main series FF this year or even in 2010, there's no way they would get it out this gen. The game has to have been in development for a good few years already. I'm predicting FF15 has been in development since early 2009.

Also, can you tweet Matsuno and ask him if his new game is with Square Enix or another company? The answer to that question will help me decide if he's working on FF15 or not.

Thanks in advance.

I like the 8 year pattern that you showed in the table, what a coincidence.

I honestly believe that the FFXII team are working on FFXV to some degree, but there are so many Final Fantasy games coming out at the moment, another one would just be overkill.

FFXV would be much more at home on the Playstation 4.