By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My theory indicates that the FFXII team are making FFXV and it will be out in 2014.

Tagged games:

Are the FFXII team currently making FFXV?

Yes. 23 60.53%

No. 15 39.47%

Total:38
brendude13 said:
I like the 8 year pattern that you showed in the table, what a coincidence.

I honestly believe that the FFXII team are working on FFXV to some degree, but there are so many Final Fantasy games coming out at the moment, another one would just be overkill.

FFXV would be much more at home on the Playstation 4.

I agree.

I'd much rather have FFXV as a PS4 launch title than have it released at the end of this gen. If they don't make a FFXV a PS4 launch title then we'll have to wait till halfway through the PS4 life cycle for a next gen FF. That would be just like we did with FFXIII for the PS3 this gen.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
brendude13 said:
I like the 8 year pattern that you showed in the table, what a coincidence.

I honestly believe that the FFXII team are working on FFXV to some degree, but there are so many Final Fantasy games coming out at the moment, another one would just be overkill.

FFXV would be much more at home on the Playstation 4.

I agree.

I'd much rather have FFXV as a PS4 launch title than have it released at the end of this gen. If they don't make a FFXV a PS4 launch title then we'll have to wait till halfway through the PS4 life cycle for a next gen FF. That would be just like we did with FFXIII for the PS3 this gen.

They should get the story, gameplay, art and design ready before the PS4 launches, then they would only need to spend time on development. They could easily launch the game just a year or two after the release of the PS4.

But FFXV as a launch title for the PS4 would mean that the FFVII remake couldn't be a launch title for the PS4, which would be a perfect time to do it in my opinion. I know I had to be "that guy", but it needs to happen, to shut the fans up, especially me. The PS4 launch would be a perfect time frame to release the FFVII remake.

brendude13 said:

Maybe they should get the story, gameplay, art and design ready before they get the PS4 in their hands, they would then only need to spend time on development and they could have the game out rather quickly, rather than pratting about for 2 years before finally deciding what to do.

FFXV as a launch PS4 title would mean that the FFVII remake couldn't be a launch PS4 title, which would be a perfect time IMO. I know I had to be "that guy", but it needs to happen in my opinion, to shut the fans up, especially me.

I'm sure all that stuff you mentioned is already done. I'm pretty sure that Division 4 is already deep in development of the game for PS3 and 360. My worry is that they shouldn't release it at the end of the current gen. They should make it a PS4 and 720 launch title. FFXII came out at the end of the PS2's life, but an intelligent business man would have made it for the PS2 and also the 360. FFXI ad FFXIII came out on the 360 so FFXII should have came out on it as well.

FFVII Remake will be done by Division 1 as they made the original FFVII. I'm sure they will start making it after they release FFXIII-2.

Galvanizer said:
brendude13 said:

Maybe they should get the story, gameplay, art and design ready before they get the PS4 in their hands, they would then only need to spend time on development and they could have the game out rather quickly, rather than pratting about for 2 years before finally deciding what to do.

FFXV as a launch PS4 title would mean that the FFVII remake couldn't be a launch PS4 title, which would be a perfect time IMO. I know I had to be "that guy", but it needs to happen in my opinion, to shut the fans up, especially me.

I'm sure all that stuff you mentioned is already done. I'm pretty sure that Division 4 is already deep in development of the game for PS3 and 360. My worry is that they shouldn't release it at the end of the current gen. They should make it a PS4 and 720 launch title. FFXII came out at the end of the PS2's life, but an intelligent business man would have made it for the PS2 and also the 360. FFXI ad FFXIII came out on the 360 so FFXII should have came out on it as well.

FFVII Remake will be done by Division 1 as they made the original FFVII. I'm sure they will start making it after they release FFXIII-2.

I think the PS4/720 will not be the case; for the reason of userbase. SE are going to spend millions if not tens of millions of dollars on FF15, by making it for next gen consoles they push that budget even higher. and they have issued loss of financial earnings which is expected to last another 1 or 2 years. and at cost of alienating users. how many people are going to buy a PS4/720 on launch and get FF15. at best 5 mil users. the FF7 10 mil situation is not going to repeat itself with current market trends based around FPS, TPS and sandbox games imo.

Wada will most likely want to release it this console gen when the PS3/360 combined userbased is about 100 mil users, and then launch it with the Wii U similtaneously. and personally i think its an absolute piss take to have FF13 as the only main line installment FF in one console cycle. i know people might not agree with that. but it has to be said.

and i am also thinking FF7 will be remade, because PDD1 have not had much success recently. and i'm skeptical that FF13-2 will be well recieved, despite the story being written by a professional novelist this time.

Galvanizer said:
Lostplanet22 said:
So it is going to release before versus FFXIII ? =p

Nah, Versus XIII is scheduled to launch in late 2012 in Japan.

Out of your ass, yeah.  No release date for Versus has been announced so far.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
brendude13 said:

Final Fantasy XII's sales were more than satisfactory, the end of a generation is one of the best times to launch a game because of how big the install base is by then.

And I know I will get a lot of flack for saying this, but the XBOX 360 isn't really the ideal console for a JRPG. People follow the games, not the console, if people wanted Final Fantasy they will (or would have) bought a Playstation, in the same way people buy an XBOX 360 for Halo. The extra development time and costs isn't really worth the effort for a few sales from people who would have jumped ship to play the game anyway. Exclusives = Quality Assurance in my opinion. It's hard to agree with the point I just made though, the PS3's price was high at the time when FFXIII was announced for the XBOX 360. But if SONY manage to get a large install base and launch the console at a cheaper price then there would be no reason to go multiplatform.

And I honestly believe an FFVII remake will be made, after Final Fantasy XIII-2, if Division 4 do start working on the next Final Fantasy, Division 1 will have huge amounts of spare time on their hands, years and years. Unless Square Enix hate money, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't remake one of the most critically acclaimed game of all time which would make even grown men scream like little girls.

Galvanizer said:
brendude13 said:

The reason that were given for not having yet done a remake of FF VII was because such a remake would cost a lot.  If you expect them to deliver that remake on the PS4 and Next-Box, the development will be even more expensive.  

Now as far as what team will do it or not, you shall know that the teams that made the remakes of FF III and IV for the DS were not the teams that made the originals.  Why should that be any different for VII?  Because you consider that game godly or something?  Nomura didn't have his own team back then, and was in the same team as Sakaguchi and Kitase.  Sakaguchi isn't there anymore, and Nomura has his own team.   So the argument that team division 1 should make the remake because they're the ones who made the original doesn't stand.  Especially so since back then, the teams were not organized the same way, and weren't composed of the same people.  

In any case, if there is ever a remake of FF VII, judging from how they handled the remakes of III and IV and how they mention how such a remake would be costy to them, it would be much more realistic to expect it to land on the PSVita.  Making it for that system would reduce the costs and development time quite a lot, would be in line with the way they handled the other remakes (all on handhelds) and you could still have those flashier visuals that you so want (seriously, is there any other reason to want that remake).

Wait? WHAT!!??? Rabanastre in Unreal Engine???? SHOW ME!

Strife91 said:

I really want to see this too.

The only thing we have to go by is this first hand account from a guy who attended the seminar where the video was shown. I e-mailed him back in 2010 for more details and he said that it was a video of Rabanastre running on Unreal Engine 3 and with the crowd simulation and AI from Assassin's Creed.

Galvanizer said:
Strife91 said:

I really want to see this too.

The only thing we have to go by is this first hand account from a guy who attended the seminar where the video was shown. I e-mailed him back in 2010 for more details and he said that it was a video of Rabanastre running on Unreal Engine 3 and with the crowd simulation and AI from Assassin's Creed.

Oh my god. That's sounds like a dream. I would love to see Ivalice in HD. I'm still wondering what happend to the Final Fantasy-project Grin were working on before they wen't out of bussiness.