By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: Insane new microsoft exclusive to Rival MGS4 in graphics/gameplay!

"But this isn't a different artistic style, jsut developer laziness. It is not trying to create an atmosphere cause it looks atrocious"

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. But yours is very weird in this regard. I don't know if Killzone2 will be a great game but the graphics are awesome. Really really really awesome.

Around the Network

propaganda

Time to Work !

vaporware...
common MS tactic ...

leo-j said:
The xbox 360 cant make a game that destroys a game on the ps3 graphicly. Xbox 360 may have more ram, and a slightly better graphics card, but the ps3 has the cell which it itself can actually basicly enhance the framerate speed, and even enhance the graphics card.

yes and you even forgot the great espresso-coffee... seriously: I see no future for seals...only a dozen of baby seals still alive after this

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Stats87 said:

Where have I heard this stuff before?

Blue Dragon is the Final Fantasy Killer
Killzone is a Halo killer
Legend of Dragoon is a Final Fantasy Killer
Black is a Halo killer

now we have

some insane game with crazy graphics and vague details is the MGS killer

I think rather then trying to be "franchise killers", they should try and be their own entity. (assuming this rumor is even true)

This post gets an A+

Around the Network

I highly doubt that this rumour is vapourware. At the same time, whilst it is probably true that Microsoft executives have seen a game (and extracted exclusivity from the developer) that they believe looks better than anything yet displayed for the PS3, it does not mean that they are correct in this assertion.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It is not hard to make racing games look good.

Need for Speed: ProStreet looks great on the Wii.

The fucking Wii! And it still looks as great as any other car game out there.

naznatips said:
Stats87 said:

Where have I heard this stuff before?

Blue Dragon is the Final Fantasy Killer
Killzone is a Halo killer
Legend of Dragoon is a Final Fantasy Killer
Black is a Halo killer

now we have

some insane game with crazy graphics and vague details is the MGS killer

I think rather then trying to be "franchise killers", they should try and be their own entity. (assuming this rumor is even true)

This post gets an A+

Nanzatips, what would we do without your wisdom? 

johnsobas said:
starcraft said:
and they'd sell the 360 in South Korea lol

i'm not sure if you're kidding or not but the 360 is the most popular system in south korea. Granted people would rather play DS or PC, but for consoles 360 is king.

I wasn't aware of this if this is the case.  But that said, is the home console market in South Korea big enough to matter yet?  I would have thought the primary reason for MS wanting a presence in SK would be the similar to the reason they keep throwing money at Japan: developer relationships.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^^^^S Korea will only ever be big enough to become to 360 fanboys what Spain is to Sony fanboys, the last decent sized market where their console is still on top (assuming it's true that the 360 has a big lead there).
Anyhow, this is just too cute.  Sony throws a ton of money at failing to create a killer for the 360's biggest Western franchise and so MS has to play me too. 
Legend11 said:
Looks like some PS3 fanboys are in full panic mode from the news that the 360 may have a secret big gun that counters (or *gasp* surpasses) MGS4.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Sony has shown *a lot* of their games for next year because they had the most to prove this year and were the most desperate, expect some pretty big surprises for the 360 in 2008...

A lot of PS3 and 360 fans need to be reminded the same applies to the Wii.