By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: Insane new microsoft exclusive to Rival MGS4 in graphics/gameplay!

The rumor is plausible, but only because what it states is logical. That being said it could just be good intuition, and in no way might be legitimate. In other words the source could be bogus, but the outcome could be the same.

Neither Nintendo or Microsoft have been very open with their high end exclusives for next year. Only a supreme idiot would suppose that they do not have a deck stacked with surprises at this point. Even Sony dropped bombs with what at the time amounted to six month notices before the delays crushed their holiday lineup.

Microsoft has had ample times to seed projects designed specifically to counter the PS3 lineup. This assumption that they will allow themselves to effectively rope a dope with Sony this year is pretty naive. Honestly its wishful thinking when someone does not acknowledge that Nintendo and Microsoft are not hiding killer games to be whipped out on a moments notice.

What exactly isn't plausible about this rumor I wonder. Microsoft certainly has a strong interest in undercutting Sony exclusive titles. They would probably front many million dollars to see it happen. Graphically none of the consoles has truly been tapped out yet. Most consoles do not display their true power until later in their lives not in the second year on the market. Developers when it comes to the 360 have a year long edge to make better use of the hardware.

I would say this if the rumor is true we should know within the next few weeks. Metal Gear is looking towards a summer release, and release lists need to be finalized. Magazines need a four month window, and more importantly you do need to give the hype machine time to warm up. So any later then late January or early February, and we will know whether their is a stealth bomber aimed at Metal Gear. Would make for an interesting year.

Around the Network

The xbox 360 cant make a game that destroys a game on the ps3 graphicly. Xbox 360 may have more ram, and a slightly better graphics card, but the ps3 has the cell which it itself can actually basicly enhance the framerate speed, and even enhance the graphics card.

mM

@Leo-j

What will happen to you if Microsoft debuts a game that does just that. Remember its down the road not across the street. I am a humanitarian I hate to see suffering. Hold your pride in check with good programmers anything seems to be possible.

@Topic

I wonder if this is the title in question while the name was divulged other then that its been rather secretive. Further more the scarce details match the rumor. I could conceive of a espionage game beating Metal Gear if it was a large persistent world, but I find it hard to believe that the graphics could hold up under user load. Anyway this should be a title we will see this year regardless. No platform from what I can see has been announced.

http://www.hirezstudios.com/hi-rez_press2.html

@ leo-j

the 360 most probsbly can equal ps3 in graphics. BUT, better graphics = more data. more data = more disc space needed on dvd. i think the devs take that into consideration when making a 360 game and that's why i think the 360 will not be pushed as far as gears of war, which i think looked so good but the graphics ate up the game length.

Vertigo-X said:
Teragen said:

How about watching some footage than...

Seeing as personal preference is a big factor in naming your pick best looking games, it's an entirely subjective matter. Having said that, I don't see how you can state that Killzone 2 lacks artistic style or don't find it's visuals even remotely impressive.

These are some gifs to show you what you seem to have missed:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4681/killzonecv6.gif

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2451/1184432291zv3.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/nurayi/664vgcp.gif

Come on... At least give credit where credit is due.

Small gifs don't count as good footage. Sorry.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vid_2099720.html here

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Teragen said:
starcraft said:
@Leo. LBP does not look any better graphically than Viva Pinata. The Killzone 2 screenshots have been stated to be 'touched up' (which is scary as that doesn't look that great), get a shot of the facial animations in Mass Effect and you'll see what i'm talking about, and that shot from Halo 3 is not from the single player campaign. As for GT5 (which im sure will NOT be compared to whatever the shooter in qn is), it does look very pretty, but it's not streets ahead of Forza 2, and thats even when its out two years later.
I'm not one to take part in such juvenile discussions but I would just like to point out the fact that the statement bolded above is quite irrelevant.

I've heard many people say it but it doesn't make any sense seeing as we've all seen the game in motion. I can acknowledge the fact that certain people are blindly biased towards a certain console but don't falsely knock on a game's quality. Pay a little respect to this industry's developers, as they're the ones keeping it alive, interesting and fresh.

http://news.filefront.com/killzone-2-screenshots-were-touched-up/

1. You clearly are willing to partake in this childish discussion.

2. This has nothing to do with bias, THE DEVELOPER ADMITTED THAT THE SHOTS ARE TOUCHED UP.  Lol, pay him a little respect 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

KZ2 Footage = Pre-Alpha Stage..

Wow people know what your talking about before you speak..

Well SLIP we'll see how much it improves. Frankly we are already too far into the generation for an console game to blow your mind graphically. What im more interested in is whether the boring gameplay of the first one has been redone.

Looks like some PS3 fanboys are in full panic mode from the news that the 360 may have a secret big gun that counters (or *gasp* surpasses) MGS4.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Sony has shown *a lot* of their games for next year because they had the most to prove this year and were the most desperate, expect some pretty big surprises for the 360 in 2008...

Yeah but Legend, how many of those big surprises do you expect will actually launch in 2008? I mean seriously! I hope there is a tonne of massive exclusives being hidden from us thus far, but Microsoft is hardly going to announce a dozen of them and have them out by the end of 2008.

Still, we might get Killer Instinct 3......