By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Developers Warned of a Future With No More Zelda, Star Fox Games

oniyide said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:

No you dont get it, millions of millions of people who bought those games didnt know what they wanted. spare me

Yeah a few million bought those games, proving my point, first off, a few million is average, considering many games routinely break the 10 million mark, secondly those games didn;t move consoles, as sales remained stable during their relase, and third for franchises as big as that, those sales are nothing, especially when a game like NSMB Wii can break 20 million and still keep selling.

Miyamoto wouldn't make this threat even in jest if the games were really selling well, the fact is, Nintendo is concered about the sales of 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Star Fox, and rightfully so the market is not repsonding well to them, their sales are mediocre on a system that sold as well as the Wii did

so much wrong here im LOLing. a few million is average?? what games??? What games you know have sold 2 million plus on any console this gen, beside the obvious MOST games dont even sell a million. Stop lying, dude. So every game has to move consoles?? thats impossible, that doesnt even make any sense. the 3d Marios and Zeldas sell on par to what 3D Marios sell not 2D but 3D.

Who is lying, a few million is average, average in terms of sales, we have games this gen breaking twenty even thirty and forty million, selling 5-6 million is nothing compared to that.

Yeah the point of first party is to move consoles, Nintendo is a console maker, hence they can only sell games if people own their consoles.

Exactly 3D Zelda and Mario and Metroid and the like are poor sellers, extremely poor sellers

Around the Network
axt113 said:
o_O.Q said:
axt113 said:

http://kotaku.com/5809738/nintendo-developers-warned-of-a-future-with-no-more-zelda-star-fox-games

At Nintendo's Q&A session earlier today, Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that prior to development of the upcoming Skyward Sword, he'd given the franchise team a warning: either it was the best Zelda ever made or there would be no more Zeldas.

He also said the same thing to the Star Fox developers. Either Star Fox 3DS is the best one ever, or no more Star Fox games. Both franchises would go back in the box.

Or you could you know actually make a game that people actually want, but at least the end of the supergamecube games is coming, please put 3D mario in the box as well after this upcoming flop

yup you're right all nintendo should do from now on is make mario sidescrollers where all you do is jump up and down and collect mushrooms thats what the industry is clamoring for right now

Defintently more demand for that than there is for the game you mention, let me put it this way for you NSMB Wii sold about the same as Galaxy 1 and 2, Other M and Twilight Princess combined

That's right 1 side scorlling Mario sold pretty much the same as all of those games you guys keep saying are so important combined.

If that doesn't tell you something, then you are just blind

So you want them to saturate the console's library with similar types of games? It needs variety dumbass.

dahuman said:
axt113 said:
o_O.Q said:
axt113 said:

http://kotaku.com/5809738/nintendo-developers-warned-of-a-future-with-no-more-zelda-star-fox-games

At Nintendo's Q&A session earlier today, Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that prior to development of the upcoming Skyward Sword, he'd given the franchise team a warning: either it was the best Zelda ever made or there would be no more Zeldas.

He also said the same thing to the Star Fox developers. Either Star Fox 3DS is the best one ever, or no more Star Fox games. Both franchises would go back in the box.

Or you could you know actually make a game that people actually want, but at least the end of the supergamecube games is coming, please put 3D mario in the box as well after this upcoming flop

yup you're right all nintendo should do from now on is make mario sidescrollers where all you do is jump up and down and collect mushrooms thats what the industry is clamoring for right now

Defintently more demand for that than there is for the game you mention, let me put it this way for you NSMB Wii sold about the same as Galaxy 1 and 2, Other M and Twilight Princess combined

That's right 1 side scorlling Mario sold pretty much the same as all of those games you guys keep saying are so important combined.

If something makes them money, they'll continue to do it, all those games made them a shit ton of cash lol. They are also not stupid enough to saturate their cow farm, everything is timed for maximum yield, and that's why they've always made money. Nintendo is clearly very good at their business.

Not really, if they were good at their business, they wouldn't have seen their profits plunget he last few years, also, no the games are not timed for maximum yield, if they were, we wouldn;t see periods of long drought and dropping Wii sales.  They haven't had a real console mover in a long time

Play4Fun said:
axt113 said:
o_O.Q said:
axt113 said:

So you want them to saturate the console's library with similar types of games? It needs variety dumbass.

Who said anything about similar?  the supergamecube games are crap, that's not variety, unless your idea of variety is crap, you can have variety without a bunch of crappy games

Those games didn;lt help the console sales, so how is that "variety" helping?

axt113 said:
dahuman said:
axt113 said:
o_O.Q said:
axt113 said:

If something makes them money, they'll continue to do it, all those games made them a shit ton of cash lol. They are also not stupid enough to saturate their cow farm, everything is timed for maximum yield, and that's why they've always made money. Nintendo is clearly very good at their business.

Not really, if they were good at their business, they wouldn't have seen their profits plunget he last few years, also, no the games are not timed for maximum yield, if they were, we wouldn;t see periods of long drought and dropping Wii sales.  They haven't had a real console mover in a long time

Yielding profit continuesly in this economy un-friendly environment time is impressive enough as it is considering how much money some other companies are loosing on a yearly basis, and their focus is clearly starting to shift to new devices. The strong point is they will never loose money like early MS Gaming Division or SONY which makes them a much more solid company to invest in. Not to mention the sale rate is still higher than PS2 which is still the all time highest units sold console of all time atm, but with the 3rd party shift due to a 10 year old tech and Wii U, I don't think the Wii would ever reach that. Nintendo is so good at this BS that they've sold us old hardware for 250 dollars for years on top of that balance board that is still raping faces. You can talk smack about them all day, but fact is, not one of us in here can do it better, the best any of us can do is open our mouths and talk shit all day if you don't like Nintendo or just want to get a "you mad bro?" reaction because it's the interwebz.

Around the Network

XD somehow this kid things he knows what is best for Nintendo or the industry. Thing is he only got the ideas from some other idiot and is just copying them. It's actually hilarious he thinks his opinions are valid at all :P. Come on guys we should be laughing at people like this not get angry.

Oh btw I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't make mistakes. I'm seriously asking questions as to why Nintendo hasn't released their E3 3DS trailes on the European E-shop for example (I want to see them on my 3DS in 3D dammit). What I do know though is Nintendo should listen to guys like this.....

...whenever they want to go bankrupt.

axt113 said:
theRepublic said:
axt113 said:
theRepublic said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:
Somebody make the Malstomites go away.

i hear that man, why are they so mad!!??

Because we're tired of seeing the gaming industry slowly spiral towards irrelevance and demise, even thoug they've had plenty of chances to reverse course

That's bullshit.  There is plenty of room for both types of games.  Actively wishing for one type of game to go away is actively wishing for the industry to shrink.

Not at all, the Industry will not shrink as a result of these games being abandoned, because there will always be athird party that will make games that satsify that desire

Yes, because Nintendo, or any other first party for that matter, having a diverse line up is a terrible thing.

Who said anything about not having diversity?  Having crap doesn't make your lineup better, in fact having games that the market consistently rejects is a detriment, not a benefit

If you keep making only the types of games that have sold, let's say, 10+ million, you will oversaturate that market.  Then those games will only sell a couple million each.  Right back where you started!  Only now you don't have anything different to offer!  Good job!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

axt113 said:
oniyide said:

No you dont get it, millions of millions of people who bought those games didnt know what they wanted. spare me

Yeah a few million bought those games, proving my point, first off, a few million is average, considering many games routinely break the 10 million mark, secondly those games didn;t move consoles, as sales remained stable during their relase, and third for franchises as big as that, those sales are nothing, especially when a game like NSMB Wii can break 20 million and still keep selling.

Miyamoto wouldn't make this threat even in jest if the games were really selling well, the fact is, Nintendo is concered about the sales of 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Star Fox, and rightfully so the market is not repsonding well to them, their sales are mediocre on a system that sold as well as the Wii did

Now I know you are just bullshitting us.

See ya.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

@axt113 so you dont like those 3d games, which is fine, but just cause you dont like them they shouldnt be made??? LOL where do you get off??? You complain about the industry not going anywhere, but then your mad that they dont make 2d Mario?? which has been around forever?? How the hell is that moving the industry forward?? I find it funny that you talk like you know whats up, but you never give any solutions. It would just be easier to say that I dont like these 3d games, i want to play the same 2d mario ive been playing since NES. And then i would tell you to pull out your NES/SNES or get on VC and have a ball

I wish someone would invent a way to split of reality into alternate versions, so we could make a copy of the real world and make axt113 responsible for running Nintendo's 1st party development in that world. That way he could just show everybody how much better Nintendo would be off without stupid stuff like Zelda games and 3D Mario games, instead of just sounding like some random dude on a message board.

Of course, it is possible that booming success in the video gaming industry requires a little more ingenuity than calling some of the most beloved franchises in gaming crap. In that case, no harm will come of axt113 sending his version of Nintendo into a flaming tailspin, since he's operating in his own personal copy of reality. The rest of us could safely enjoy our classic Nintendo games in the real world.