By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Developers Warned of a Future With No More Zelda, Star Fox Games

oniyide said:
theRepublic said:
Somebody make the Malstomites go away.

i hear that man, why are they so mad!!??

Because we're tired of seeing the gaming industry slowly spiral towards irrelevance and demise, even thoug they've had plenty of chances to reverse course

Around the Network
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

Because we're tired of seeing the gaming industry slowly spiral towards irrelevance and demise, even thoug they've had plenty of chances to reverse course

LOL, how so?? Got any proof or arguments that make sense

axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

That's bullshit.  There is plenty of room for both types of games.  Actively wishing for one type of game to go away is actively wishing for the industry to shrink.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

That's bullshit.  There is plenty of room for both types of games.  Actively wishing for one type of game to go away is actively wishing for the industry to shrink.

Not at all, the Industry will not shrink as a result of these games being abandoned, because there will always be athird party that will make games that satsify that desire

oniyide said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

LOL, how so?? Got any proof or arguments that make sense

Plenty of proof, its called the Nintendo, Sony and MS conferences of E3 2011

Around the Network
axt113 said:
theRepublic said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

Not at all, the Industry will not shrink as a result of these games being abandoned, because there will always be athird party that will make games that satsify that desire

WTH are you talking about?? Isnt that what 3rd parties are doing. And about the conferences, MS was Kinect focused which is casual and some core titles. Sony has a few Move titles. And Ninty has a new console announced and a bunch of 3DS stuff. Ok i can see how someone is pissed that the Wii is about done (i am) and maybe the Wii U didnt light the world on fire but its still too soon to tell

Soriku said:
axt113 said:

Ther are no third party games that are going to take the place of Mario and Zelda games.

Not of good Mario and Zelda games, but aside from New Super Mario Bros., no good Zelda or Mario game has been made in a very long time, most companies can easily produce stuff that rivals the crappy Zelda and Mario games that Nintendo has made

axt113 said:
theRepublic said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

Yes, because Nintendo, or any other first party for that matter, having a diverse line up is a terrible thing.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

oniyide said:
axt113 said:
theRepublic said:
axt113 said:
oniyide said:
theRepublic said:

WTH are you talking about?? Isnt that what 3rd parties are doing. And about the conferences, MS was Kinect focused which is casual and some core titles. Sony has a few Move titles. And Ninty has a new console announced and a bunch of 3DS stuff. Ok i can see how someone is pissed that the Wii is about done (i am) and maybe the Wii U didnt light the world on fire but its still too soon to tell

You really don't get it, I'm not talking casual games, I'm talking about the direction of the industry vs what the market wants, Zelda and 3D Mario are not what the market wants, neither is the Wii U or the 3DS.

Guys... Seriously? He's a troll. Feeding him is getting him what he wants.

I highly doubt he really believes this; he even made one of his posts sound like he was being preachy/religious [in video games context].

The BuShA owns all!