By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Switch needs some Gust and Falcom

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
NesFe said:
So what did you guys think of the NX reveal ? Personally, it might be the first Nintendo console that I buy day 1. If western 3rd party devs hope on it, it might become what the vita couldn't, a console experience on the go.

I'm... impressive.  Software is a big question mark for me, but if the niche Japanese devs and indies get on board, then I'm there.

Yes, yes you are Kresnik.

I echo if the Switch is the hybrid been wanting could be great.  I play my Vita and PS4 and PS4 via remote on my Vita so this system is pretty great to me...assuming price and games are right.

I'm impressed in the sense of the concept not looking horrible, remember that awful controller that had screen on it.

However I am more reserved in the regards of non-nintendo support side of things. It will have bigger titles I imagine, like Monster Hunter, and Dragon Quest, but the niche might actually go ps4/mobile more so than anything else.

I feel this Nintendo device, could have helped the vita in software, but I think they would have to be able to make those games do really well on both devices, where I think in actuality the focus will grow to more PS4 centric, like how I believe Tales of Besteria should have been on the Vita as well, but instead they focused on the PS4. 

(I might need to reword the last paragraph, it seems off.)

Hey guys!  Nintendo Switch is at least 5 months away.  You know what isn't 5 months away?  PlayStation Vita.  In fact it's getting loads of incredible games between now and then; and even more further out than that.

Seriously though, I am interested in the Switch but since the reveal I feel like I've got all the talking out of my system and am waiting for the next bits of info.  So for now I'm just going to enjoy my Vita.  I'll buy a Switch but even then, I'm expecting to use my Vita still.

And in the vein of "Vita is still awesome", if you're at all interest in Rogue Raiders Online, the upcoming beautiful-looking Vita-exclusive game hitting Kickstarter on Monday:

Then check out some of the soundtrack on the developer's Soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/saffroncr

It's very retro sounding and I'm super impressed.  All this stuff being done by one sole developer.  No matter what happens with the Kickstarter, she's a mighty talented lady.

I'm impressed by the graphical power, by the portability, the "switch"ing and all, but it looks pretty ugly design wise.

I'll keep an eye on it though, if it succeeds to attract enough 3rd party developers, I'll be sure to make the jump.

How big is the screen though ? and does anyone have a configuration comparaison ?

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Then check out some of the soundtrack on the developer's Soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/saffroncr

It's very retro sounding and I'm super impressed.  All this stuff being done by one sole developer.  No matter what happens with the Kickstarter, she's a mighty talented lady.

I don't know why, but I can't help feel confused by this game (the scope of the game, online, vita exclusive ).It feels like an ambitious game that might never see the light. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be amazing. I wonder if it can actually get funded though seeing that its vita only/

BlowoverKing said:
The Switch looks cool I just need to see if all those 3rd parties actually come through. As I found out with the Wii U a system with just Nintendo games is a waste of time/money. So seeing what kind of 3rd party games this thing can attract with be critical.

I will say this, if the Switch begins to get the kind of niche games the Vita got then I'm on board.

Yeah. might want to hold off on the Switch a year or two first then. Wii U started great, then EA pulled out after 6 months. The others weren't too far behind.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

NesFe said:

I don't know why, but I can't help feel confused by this game (the scope of the game, online, vita exclusive ).It feels like an ambitious game that might never see the light. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be amazing. I wonder if it can actually get funded though seeing that its vita only/

I can completely understand that concern.  It's one I share to be honest, but I'm still going to be backing this project with everything I can afford just because I can really.

If I can offer some thoughts (and I'm not the developer so I don't know what she's thinking):

- She's said before she's indie, so she's pretty much the only kind of company capable of making a big Vita game at this point because the financial risk is hers (and any funders through Kickstarter) rather than a publisher who would be worried about losing money.

- It sounds like a project she's had in the pipeline for quite some time.  She had a prototype well before October and then was polling to see if people were interested.

- She has a lot of experience working for Virtual Toys (Muppets; Looney Tunes; Phineas & Ferb on Vita) so is probably used to working on bigger projects, so it makes more sense to her.

- And to be honest, she wants to make a Vita exclusive - that much is clear.  How much of a splash is she gonna make if it was just a 2D platformer or something that Vita has plenty of?  She has to 'go big or go home' to get this thing funded I think, which is what she's doing.

I have my reservations about it.  She's clearly super-talented in that she's already thrown together so much in a short space of time.  She knows what she's doing and she was lead programmer on Phineas and Ferb for Vita, so she has experience.  My reservation is with release date.  She's set herself a goal of December 2017.  I think that's just completely unrealistic for a project that's going to be starting full-scale production in December 2016.  But we'll see I guess :P

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-28-volume-vita

Volume is 4th November btw, 4,800 copies.

Uh oh.