By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

I'm kinda unsure at how successful this will be. Have any idea on how much she's asking for?

I don't I'm afraid.

I know she's mentioned in the past that the KS will be used to give her access to a full-time dev kit (she's currently borrowing one atm which she'll have to return); as well as buying art assets and various other assets she needs to use in the game.

She's said in the past she'll be doing all the programming herself and given the fact she's programmed a fully working prototype, I believe she can do it.  She's also written some of the soundtrack herself.  Stretch goals may be used to hire some extra hands to help with the game.

Honestly, I don't quite get it.  Part of me thinks "there must be some catch here, this is TOO good for one woman to have done" but another part of me just wants to roll with it and hope we get a fantastic Vita game from it.

In terms of money, I agree with you.  I think about £30k (or regional equivalent) would be do-able by appealing to the Vita-only crowd, but anything more than that she's stretching it.  Even that may be a lofty goal.

Get this woman on gio watch list. At times like this I kind of miss shahid lol .

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:

Get this woman on gio watch list. At times like this I kind of miss shahid lol .

Shahid was great for the console.  It's undeniable he overhyped things, but he was great for getting indies on board.  Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone/Volume) wouldn't be on board if it wasn't for him; nor Vlambeer (Luftrausers/Nuclear Throne). 

Sadly he'd moved fully onto VR by the end of his tenure at Sony.

Kresnik said:
Acevil said:

I will say, I know MUGEN is awesome, but you really help keep me informed and this thread alive. I may not post as much in it as I do the playstation nation thread, but I appreciate all the updated news you bring us.

Well that's lovely.  Thank you :)

Speaking of news, here's Berserk running on Vita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1oUrmCBMw

Its actually looking better than I thought it would, I might actually get this. After AOT and Toukiden 2 I kinda given up on KT for vita visuals and stable frame. This graphics looks above average for a mosou game, and frame seem to be stable. 

Kresnik said:
SnakeDrake said:

Shahid was great for the console.  It's undeniable he overhyped things, but he was great for getting indies on board.  Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone/Volume) wouldn't be on board if it wasn't for him; nor Vlambeer (Luftrausers/Nuclear Throne). 

Sadly he'd moved fully onto VR by the end of his tenure at Sony.

Yup, with him gone Sony kinda slowed down on indies guess he really was the back bone of indies in Sony lol.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:

Yup, with him gone Sony kinda slowed down on indies guess he really was the back bone of indies in Sony lol.

Gio is doing a good job, but there seems to be a limit on what he can get involved with.  He seems to be able to handle a number of bigger projects by matching developers with studios (i.e. telling Darkest Dungeon developers to hire Sickhead; telling Banner Saga developers to hire Code Mystics) etc.

He's my last bastion of Vita Sony support.  I can't wait for PSX this year.  If he has no announcements though, I'm gonna cry :P

Around the Network

You know, a re-bumped 'Lost Souls Aside' thread on GAF has given me hope for Rogue Raiders Online.

I'm massively behind the project and willing to back it regardless, but every time I mention it there's always a reply or two that says "no way one woman is making this" and then I begin to doubt it myself and think "yeah it is really ambitious".

But Lost Souls Aside game is also a one-man project that looks up there with AAA games. Although the situations are different, it's made me realise what her plans likely are - lots of pre-bought assets; contracting someone to produce the assets that can't be bought which leaves her free to do most of the programming. Certainly it's what that dev seems to be doing with Lost Souls and it's not hurting the project because he's using the pre-bought assets well.

Anyway, I know I've mentioned it already, but the Kickstarter is on Monday. I really hope all the Vita faithful turn out for it and at least pledge something!

God bless Limited Run Games.

World of FF demo is finally out for Vita in NA, not sure about Europe though.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/21/world-final-fantasy-ps-vita-demo-released-north-america/

Kresnik said:

And in a not-so-subtle hint, I think we can conclude that one of the games is Stranger's Wrath:

Omg!  One of my most anticipated.

Stranger's Wrath? :O :D

That would be amazing for physical. One of Vita's best games, a cracking handheld FPS and nobody seems to even know the game got released on Vita.

As for the PSO-esque Kickstarter. I'm tempted to pledge a full retail amount to it. Yeah it's risky, but if she pulls it off it really would be a nice last hurrah for the Vita's Western releases.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.