By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

http://www.exophase.com/game/shantae-riskys-revenge-directors-cut-psn/

Looks like Shantae Risky's Revenge DC is coming to Vita.

Around the Network

Guys, hype:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-22/tokyo-ghoul-jail-ps-vita-game-1st-promo-video-streamed/.89566

Also, here's a PV from Tokyo Ghoul Jail.

Kresnik said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-22/tokyo-ghoul-jail-ps-vita-game-1st-promo-video-streamed/.89566

Also, here's a PV from Tokyo Ghoul Jail.

Looks like the gameplay is similar to Mind Zero

But then again the trailer doesn't show much gameplay or how combat styles

Very nice, we started watching Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix the other day and it seemed a very interesting Anime (the missus didn't click with Stein's Gate so I'm going to have to try that one on my own).

Hopefully this'll come West at some point :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
drdante said:
lehamsy said:

But who needs Sony when we have Severed, YIIK, J-Stars, SAO: Lost Song, possibly Digimon, and Danganronpa, among others, coming this year! Am I missing other games? I think I am...

How dare you forget P4DAN, Legend of Heroes 1,2 and World of FF?!

Anyway.....the only hype I could get is from TGS only. That's where Vita gets her love

But are those games coming this year?

Real quick for those who completed DanganRonpa 1+2. Do they explain the link between the two? I'm only at the start, but I certainly have a lot of non-current plot questions.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Real quick for those who completed DanganRonpa 1+2. Do they explain the link between the two? I'm only at the start, but I certainly have a lot of non-current plot questions.

Yes.  

Kresnik said:

You know, when they announced PSM was shutting down, I was pretty gutted because there was a lot of stuff I still wanted to try out on there.

Well... now it's months later and I've tried a lot of it and there's genuinely very little that I can actually recommend.

Most of what I've played has very little depth and very little replayability.  Most games have neither.  Some games have great depth but very little to them (i.e. Rymdkapsel).  Some games have lots of replayability but very little depth (i.e. Eufloria Adventures.

What kicked this off was when I downloaded "Oh Deer" today, based on the previews which made it look really good.  Now don't get me wrong, this os one beautiful looking game and the soundtrack is killer too.  But I completed it on my first time through.  Literally.  In about 5 minutes I had completed the game, the only thing left for me to do was high score chase.

And although I am likely to do this in future, I'm a bit resentful about having to keep 111mb of game on my memory card which I can't delete because I'll never be able to get it back again, just in case I want to play again in future.

The biggest problem with PSM is that the "small" games meant for just bite-size playing are crap; and the bigger games with more to them would've benefitted much more from being full PSN titles, not just little PSM stuff.  I'd love Rymdkapsel with a full campaign.  I'd like Tokyo Jungle Mobile with a story mode.

Most of the games that were worth anything did actually do this (Switch Galaxy; Surge etc.) but we're still missing some obvious choices.

So overall, disappointing for me.  The only games which I can say truly got things right were Sixty Second Shooter Deluxe (short but perfectly formed) and A Healer only Lives Twice (deep enough that it kept me coming back for repeated playthroughs.  Possibly Sword of Rapier too.

Forevolution is still on my to-buy list, but otherwise, I don't think I'll be keeping very many PSM games on my memory card.

And that's why... PSM failed... and shut down..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Speaking of PSM, I ended up buying Oh Deer! and Night Rider.

Night Rider is a nice looking, but ultimately dull reincarnation of Super Hang-On. There's no trackside scenery so it's just a road and a few bikes. But I have to say, some of the strong visual contrasts look great. Nothing to write home about though.

Oh Deer! on the otherhand, very very nice if you are into the old 8-bit arcade racers. Fun handling, though as Kresnik says, very easy to finish. However, the visuals look stunning (I really love the old school sprite scaling effects), the music is very... SEGA :p and it's just an arcade game on your Vita. A must for all SEGA retro fans IMO.

I wonder if this will come out on other platforms, or if the guy who made it will want to keep it as some uber elusive gem now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.