By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

And in news that surprises no-one, Yoshida is again cagey about when they're going to re-reveal Gravity Rush 2;

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-waiting-for-the-right-time-to-unveil-gravity-rush-2-294502.phtml

At this stage, I think it's a certain thing the game is going to be on PS4. There's no way they've spent 3 years in development (and counting) making a Vita game.

Whether it comes to Vita as well as PS4 is another story. I doubt it, really.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Whether it comes to Vita as well as PS4 is another story. I doubt it, really.

I have conflicted feelings about this. If the game was indeed in development for more than three years, then it's safe to assume that the foundation has started on the Vita hardware. However, that's not an indication that GV2 would release on both systems. Sony was vague about this, and they only mentioned the PS4 when it was announced. Though I still wonder why they haven't issues any confirmation that it's only on PS4 yet. 

.- -... -.-. -..

You know, when they announced PSM was shutting down, I was pretty gutted because there was a lot of stuff I still wanted to try out on there.

Well... now it's months later and I've tried a lot of it and there's genuinely very little that I can actually recommend.

Most of what I've played has very little depth and very little replayability.  Most games have neither.  Some games have great depth but very little to them (i.e. Rymdkapsel).  Some games have lots of replayability but very little depth (i.e. Eufloria Adventures.

What kicked this off was when I downloaded "Oh Deer" today, based on the previews which made it look really good.  Now don't get me wrong, this os one beautiful looking game and the soundtrack is killer too.  But I completed it on my first time through.  Literally.  In about 5 minutes I had completed the game, the only thing left for me to do was high score chase.

And although I am likely to do this in future, I'm a bit resentful about having to keep 111mb of game on my memory card which I can't delete because I'll never be able to get it back again, just in case I want to play again in future.

The biggest problem with PSM is that the "small" games meant for just bite-size playing are crap; and the bigger games with more to them would've benefitted much more from being full PSN titles, not just little PSM stuff.  I'd love Rymdkapsel with a full campaign.  I'd like Tokyo Jungle Mobile with a story mode.

Most of the games that were worth anything did actually do this (Switch Galaxy; Surge etc.) but we're still missing some obvious choices.

So overall, disappointing for me.  The only games which I can say truly got things right were Sixty Second Shooter Deluxe (short but perfectly formed) and A Healer only Lives Twice (deep enough that it kept me coming back for repeated playthroughs.  Possibly Sword of Rapier too.

Forevolution is still on my to-buy list, but otherwise, I don't think I'll be keeping very many PSM games on my memory card.

Kresnik said:

What kicked this off was when I downloaded "Oh Deer" today, based on the previews which made it look really good.  Now don't get me wrong, this os one beautiful looking game and the soundtrack is killer too.  But I completed it on my first time through.  Literally.  In about 5 minutes I had completed the game, the only thing left for me to do was high score chase.

To be fair, it was inspired by Outrun and that is exactly the same. I'm gonna be grabbing Oh Deer and possibly a couple of other PSM games this weekend, but I'm kinda glad there's not too much of note on it as it does make it less sad that the service is shutting down.

Man, I remember when a game like Oh Deer would have set you back £30-40 on a cartridge ;p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

To be fair, it was inspired by Outrun and that is exactly the same. I'm gonna be grabbing Oh Deer and possibly a couple of other PSM games this weekend, but I'm kinda glad there's not too much of note on it as it does make it less sad that the service is shutting down.

Man, I remember when a game like Oh Deer would have set you back £30-40 on a cartridge ;p

I mean, Oh Deer is worth buying for 40p.  It's just the 111mb hit to my memory card that I'm not keen on.  It's fun enough and worth having though.

If you want my recommendations:

1. Get Rymdkapsel.  For all I rail on it for being short, it's still the best game on PSM while it lasts.

2. Get "A Healer only lives Twice".  It's a real novelty twist on dungeon crawling, great fun.

3. Get Sixty Second Shooter Deluxe.  Cheap, but great multi-directional shooter like Super Stardust.

4. Get Sword of Rapier.  Massive file size (214mb) but interesting combat system in generic JRPG.

5. Get Tokyo Jungle Mobile.  Not as good as it could have been, but still a decent portable version.

6. Consider the Bloodred Wyvern games.  Decent enough panzer-dragoon esque shooters, cheap enough and tiny file sizes (24mb).

7. Consider Gun Commando.  Decent 16-bit-era FPS, kinda fun and lengthy.

And then don't bother with anything else, unless Forevolution is good (which I haven't tried yet).  I'm considering getting Chaos Rings but I've heard the port is terrible, so we'll see.

Games I definitely don't recommend:

1. Hill Cliff Horse/Raptor RPG.  Tried them for the novelty of it, but they're literally just someone dumping a load of Unity assets into a sandbox then letting you do what you want.  Get boring after about 10 minutes.

2. Monster Hotel.  Interesting concept; poor execution.  Tedious.

3. Dungeon Bandit.  Boring dungeon crawler.

4. Mononoke Slashdown.  Had a purpose when it released, but then Muramasa got localized and there was no point in this anymore.

5. Eufloria Adventures.  Same aesthetic as Eufloria HD but none of the fun gameplay.  Very boring.

6. Emil's Task.  Google-translated isometric RPG on a time limit, with no redeeming qualities really.

I'm still trying to make my mind up about Night Riders.  It's supposed to be influenced by Super Hang-on, so you may enjoy it more than I did.  It's short, but only 11m.

Around the Network

Since we're on the topic, Neko Works (of Night Riders "fame" are bringing Super Night Riders to Vita next year:

http://neko.works/index.php?static=supernightriders

And also Project Light, but we already knew about that one:

http://neko.works/index.php?static=projectlight

Kresnik said:

Since we're on the topic, Neko Works (of Night Riders "fame" are bringing Super Night Riders to Vita next year:

http://neko.works/index.php?static=supernightriders

And also Project Light, but we already knew about that one:

http://neko.works/index.php?static=projectlight

Hmmm, Night Riders looks quite interesting to me haha, but I was on a bit of an 8-bit racing game kick this last week.

Project Light looks a bit like an FFVII type game in places lol.

Aren't Neko Works are most famous for that Crazy Frog Racer! haha. Wait, says established 2012 lol. Crazy would seem that Neko works and Neko Entertainment are 2 separate companies.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Kresnik said:

Personally, I think there's a good chance.  NISA & Kadokawa are on good terms lately (Demon Gaze; Natural Doctrine; Rodea the Sky Soldier).

The problem with KanColle is that it's a big multi-media franchise, so just to bring over the Vita game would be doing it a bit of a dis-service.  However, NISA could at least bring across the anime as well (since they handle anime distribution in the USA) so you never know.

Since there is nothing established yet in the west so Digimon like petition probably won't work.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Kresnik said:

I don't remember reading that, but that does sound right.

I'm hoping TGS this year will be better than last year for Vita.  It wasn't the worst I'd seen - there were lots of smaller titles (ironically with higher localization chances as a result), but nothing meaty.

P.S.  There's also Anime Expo in 2 weeks.  Sony won't be there, but NISA/Aksys will!

He said that at a GameSpot interview with the Kinda Funny guys (Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty, also known as the Vita's very own St. Augustine's). Shu also said that they are not planning any other Vita game of the size of KZ: Mercenary. I mean, I wouldn't have realized if it wasn't for him. Finally, he refused to adress the platform on which the new Gravity Rush (he didn't want to call it "Gravity Rush 2") will be released.  

But who needs Sony when we have Severed, YIIK, J-Stars, SAO: Lost Song, possibly Digimon, and Danganronpa, among others, coming this year! Am I missing other games? I think I am...

lehamsy said:

But who needs Sony when we have Severed, YIIK, J-Stars, SAO: Lost Song, possibly Digimon, and Danganronpa, among others, coming this year! Am I missing other games? I think I am...

How dare you forget P4DAN, Legend of Heroes 1,2 and World of FF?!

Anyway.....the only hype I could get is from TGS only. That's where Vita gets her love