By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
michel3105 said:
Scisca said:

I was thinking exactly about this game. If they make such crap, they could make a decent dungeon crawler with the same budget as the niche companies, but using characters from older FF games and voila. Would sell more than any other Vita jRPGs, aside from P4G, just because it has FF on the cover. And maybe, just maybe, we'd get a decent game or two out of it and it would surely help the sales of the console. But no, we get All the Bravest instead...

But this is the paradox. Low budget games of popular Intellectual Properties did exist on the PSP (for example the two Metal Gear Ac!id) and do expecially exist in the smartphone universe, for example all the card games by SquareEnix, Sega, and even Kojima with "Social Ops".

This kind of games can sell, and can also be a flop. Right now, I just read on siliconera that Ark System is making a dance game with the characters of Blaze Blue; also, there's a Blaze Blue card game on iOS. But wouldn't have been better to do a JRPG???...

In any case, nothing on Vita, and this is disappointing.

As an explanation, I think that also a placement factor comes into the equation, at this point. Those "cheaper games" must be marketed as free downloads. That means FREE (with micro transactions later) and DOWNLOADS, so no physical version. But the Vita environment is quite traditional, and users (including me) are of the "big cames on cart" school. So, perhaps, the software houses favor the smartphones: wide installed base, and free download oriented users.

At the moment, I'm seriously considering getting a smartphone, to play the games on Mobage, expecially Shingeki no Bahamut. But all those mobage games could be made very easily to run on the vita too, instead we got only Million Arthur, and in Japan only...

J vita have a lot of Cheap and fre2play games on japan.. even some are exclusives.. and there's PSO2, which third chapter is coming next month... Yeah.. are less than on Web browsers or Android enviroment.. but that's because on PC you pay NOTHING to develop on it.. and Your product don't need to pass by some aprovations before release like on PlayStation platforms (yeah, Sony have been making this easier, but still comapred to even Android, is a long way).

A Vita release, even of a f2p game needs time.. look at kantai Colletion game releasing this year since it was announced on 2013 at TGS. And a Vita release need investment on servers or a development team to keep the game up to date... the user base is limited too.. compared to Web browser and Cellphone... most of these games can run on a Tablet browser or on any smartphone of nowaday... You have from the get GO! millions of potential clients... on Vita NOT.

Vita have potential but is limited... so I don't think mobage and that stuff could help it too...

the only way possible: Sony make a Hybrid Tablet/Handheld... with the possibility to boot VitaOS or Android OS.. or a mix? that can read and have traditional handheld/console games, and that people can run/play all those android and web based games... simple and with potential to be the NEXT BIG THING.. for both, casual and hardcore/classic gamers... it can have a updated ARM based hardware and that would ensure retrocomaptibility with Vita current and future software... it can be a tablet with a Case for buttons, d-pad and sticks.. or a plain handheld like Vita is.. may be two models. Can have HDMI out and micro-USB ports to connect usb modems or something... (integrated 4G model may be)..

it could create a enviroment for cheap development and to port more console like games.. and may be some exclusive and niche stuff like the current Vita...and it could be updated of hardware each two years or so.. But that's just my personal wet dream... a ALL-IN-ONE-AND-FOR-ALL-GAMING-MACHINE

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

i want a vita built inside a ds4 with seamless remote play on my galaxy tab with 10 inch of good old oled madness. thank you.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:

i want a vita built inside a ds4 with seamless remote play on my galaxy tab with 10 inch of good old oled madness. thank you.

Would you like fries with that ?

One little funny advance of the progress of Legend of Heroes TiTS SC, from the translator...

Seems like we can expect it this year...

https://www.tumblr.com/register/follow/xseedgames/2

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

outlawauron said:
michel3105 said:

At the moment, I'm seriously considering getting a smartphone, to play the games on Mobage, expecially Shingeki no Bahamut. But all those mobage games could be made very easily to run on the vita too, instead we got only Million Arthur, and in Japan only...

I suggest staying away. I've given mobage so much money in 2014. It's rather unhealthy.

Sounds scary!

What are the "free" games that made you spend so much?

Around the Network
michel3105 said:
outlawauron said:

I suggest staying away. I've given mobage so much money in 2014. It's rather unhealthy.

Sounds scary!

What are the "free" games that made you spend so much?

Fantasica. Made by Silicon Studio (bravely default). It has some enat ideas but in order to be competitive you are required to put 18-20 hours into the game daily or spend $30-100 each event (which happen every 3-8 days).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Will look into it, Outlaw.... Or maybe not! :)

In the meantime, Our handheld made 10 milions on the vg charts.

Hey Vitans sorry for the long absence

Does anyone know about this game? 

Is there any chance for localization?

The opening looks neat, the gameplay looks similar with Natural Doctrine and this game got my interest! 

@all
Should I buy Resistance: Burning Skies for 10€?

Dr.Vita said:
@all
Should I buy Resistance: Burning Skies for 10€?

I had a lot of fun with it. It's not amazing, I think it was sadly rushed to market as it feels a bit unfinished, but it's some really good FPS gameplay in the later levels. It's nowhere near the level of Killzone: Merc or Strangers Wrath whih will probably remain the best FPS games on a dedicated handheld now.

But yeah, for that price, I'd say the single player campaign is worth a play. There's nothing broken about the actual gameplay. It's just a bit short, and only settles into a decent pace when you're near the end of the game. I guess kinda feels 2/3rds tutorial, with the final third being the main game.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.