By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Btw, the MGS Collection for PS3 in Japan didn't have Peace Walker either. So it is possible that the US and EU release for MGS Collection Vita will have PW included.

Around the Network

@Mmmfishtacos I am a Nintendo fan boy. My "About Me" on my profile proves it. And I won't be back, I've already played it before.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

lol, okay. besides your other post in other treads prove your a troll. Later.

Ordered my Vita yesterday, should arrive Monday. I was going to hold off for a while because being an early adopter is rarely a good idea but WHOOPS I guess.

Do you think Sony will actually live up to their pseudo-promise and make all PS3 games playable on the Vita? If they did then I don't think I would ever regret buying a vita, but does anyone think that that could be what turns it into a success (as long as they do it soon)?

I really don't think playing ps3 games on your vita is going to make it a sucsess, just a nice feature. It will come but i don't think it's going to be every game in it's library, but ever game from here on out, most likely.

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@Sal.Paradise People can look up the other innovations online. I feel that's enough for people to respect Nintendo for what they have done, but some are things about the N64 are forgotten that I'll like to list.

The N64 brought a lot that we didn't care about at first, but later on their second nature. Rumble support, analog stick and directional pad on the same controller, first home console to have 4-player controller ports since Atari 5200, memory card socket on the controller, and different ways to hold the controller and play games on the using that style.

I hope that's not the best you can come up with. The only thing they created themselves was a controller with expandable memory? Sure is a staple of modern video gaming. 

Also, not being able to use all the buttons on your controller without switching your hand's position is not clever design in any universe. At least it was comfy, I suppose. 

PlaystaionGamer said:

this is true, my friend who is so hardcore Vita its insane came to me today and said he is a little gutted he brought it at launch. i guess its not the systems fault.. it is just the honeymoon period if over and we are left with Expensive handheld with VERY expensive games

Everyone buys new hardware for different reasons I suppose; some with more realistic expectations than others.

Not concerned about software support seeing as how I'm waiting on a few titles that won't be released until later this year, but the truth is beyond Uncharted, I was just planning on playing all my PSN PSP games I never finished on the better hardware. 

Between the better analog sticks, the better display, the larger form factor that fits my hands better and the ability to map the right stick to buttons, left stick or d-pad means PSP games are simply a better experience on the PSV than they are on their native hardware. Games that had to use the right face buttons as a non analog camera controller (Peace Walker, 3rd Birthday) can now use the right stick like a DS3 controller.

Of course it's not a crazy expectation that most bought a PSV to play... PSV games (who does that, right?). And of course it's also not so crazy to assume that anyone who didn't know what the release schedule was for the games but bought a $250-300 handheld anyway so they can complain about not knowing what is common knowledge is kind of an idiot. 

I think the only major disappointment so far has been the 3G service which for reasons even I can't explain, I activated and haven't used in the week since I subscribed. I'm at 18 minutes of use and... 6969KB downloaded. $15 well spent! 

This thread has certainly devolved. Too be expected I suppose.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

AlrightyRoo said:
Ordered my Vita yesterday, should arrive Monday. I was going to hold off for a while because being an early adopter is rarely a good idea but WHOOPS I guess.

Do you think Sony will actually live up to their pseudo-promise and make all PS3 games playable on the Vita? If they did then I don't think I would ever regret buying a vita, but does anyone think that that could be what turns it into a success (as long as they do it soon)?

Did they even promise that or is everyone just taking this from the "never stop playing" marketing campaign? 

The MLB The Show commercial is actually showing a cross play feature that allows you to upload a PS3 game save to your PSV and then continue playing your game on the PSV. Not the same thing. 

Remote Play works better on the PSV than the PSP, but the only uses I have for it were remote video and remote play PSOne games which is limited enough that I'm not leaving my PS3 on 24/7 just for that. As of right now, I'm going to assume that any PS3 game support will be at the discretion of the game developers/publishers and don't expect to see it being implemented for the entire back catalog of PS3 games.

I'm sure it will be implemented in future cross play games even if for no other reason than as a marketing bullet point for new titles. 

List of currently compatible games is listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play#Games_and_Software_compatible_with_Remote_Play

PlaystaionGamer said:

that MGS HD collection better be cheap. i mean £20 or less. why Peace walker isn't in there i have NO idea. was a day 1 but now i won't bother likely. especially if its £30 for less then the PS3 version.. really disappointed

what seems to be a tradition with most Vita games.. there is always something missing.
if LittleBigPlanetVita doesn't have full online where i can play with other random players and friends I'm just going to sell the Vita. i really can't be bothered to waist money on this thing anymore.

i played Uncharted and at the rate this thing is going it will be the only good game its whole lifetime. (even then its a watered down to much collect crap no online uncharted)

arghhh sorry. just annoyed with it

On Japan Konami had the idea to sell MGS:PW alone on HD for PS3... a special edition on Physical and a normal edition on digital.. on UIS market the Collection came with the tree games.. probably on PSVita will be the same.. if not.. they will lose a lot of buyers (Me included).. I'm holding on buying the PS3 version to get it on PSVita later... and I hope that the game don´t come delayed at least not so much...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread