By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
JayWood2010 said:
So what is some games to look forward to in 2014/2015 on the vita? I just bought Gravity Rush so im hoping I like that. Danganronpa was pretty awesome so Im going to try the 2nd one soon and Im going to get Tales of Hearts R as well. Though im still annoyed it doesnt have dub -_-

Anyways im mainly looking for good story games. Freedom Wars maybe? Though the gameplay kind of puts me off. What about those atelier games? Do they have a good story? Anything else coming that looks good right now?

If you don't mind psp and dated graphics then legend of heroes sora no kiseki is a must. Its sequel is coming soon. The setting of ore shika 2 sounds appealing, so you might want to check it out. I heard freedom wars' story sucked(take it with a grain of salt), but I'm still getiing it for the gameplay.

Have you tried soul sacrifice delta and virtue's last reward?

Kresnik said:
FiveOVER said:

Oddly, for the US version, the dlc is actually tied to the update. That is, you don't download dlc from the store, but redeem it ingame after the update.  I'm not sure about the asian version. But the online pass, if there's one probably won't work either way.

You mean like in Sword Art Online when the DLC contained the new content?

If so... that would be pretty cool.  Would mean I'd get the Wild ARMs content which is all I really care about :P

Not really. It's more like the DLC is not listed in the store. Instead, you update like you normally do, enter the game and there will an option to implement dlc. But like I said, I don't know if its the same for the asian version.

drdante said:
Off topic: Bandai Namco has recently announced their new branch in Malaysia! I was so excited i jumped with happiness that whole day hehe. Not to mention Kuala Lumpur is also my hometown so its not really far from my home.

I definitely gonna visit them once their company are established here and pursue them to create more games for vita!

Where in KL are they going to set it up? Is it a store that sell their games or what?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
So what is some games to look forward to in 2014/2015 on the vita? I just bought Gravity Rush so im hoping I like that. Danganronpa was pretty awesome so Im going to try the 2nd one soon and Im going to get Tales of Hearts R as well. Though im still annoyed it doesnt have dub -_-

Anyways im mainly looking for good story games. Freedom Wars maybe? Though the gameplay kind of puts me off. What about those atelier games? Do they have a good story? Anything else coming that looks good right now?

If you like story and enjoyed DanganRonpa, I suppose Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters might be up your alley.

Atelier games aren't story heavy.  They're very different from your usual JRPG's - more about individual characters and world building rather than epic-save-the-world plots.  The Dusk trilogy (Ayesha/Escha/Shallie) is more traditional in that sense, though.

I reckon Oreshika 2 will probably have a good story.  The criticisms it had in Japan were that it focused too much on one character rather than letting you build your own family.  But that, of course, suggests a heavier focus on story :P

The company who made that anime for the new game that's releasing also made the anime for Atelier Escha & Logy. Cool.

FuRyu must be doing alright for anime adaptations on Vita.

FiveOVER said:
JayWood2010 said:

No i havent played either Soul Sacrifice or Virtues last reward  Is the story good in Soul Sacrifice?  

Kresnik said:
BlowoverKing said:

Small request but when you embed a video can you also post the link? 

I certainly can.  You can access a direct link to youtube if you click the title of the video, but I'll try to remember to post direct links in future too.

By the way, that guy's uploaded another PvP video on his channel.  I'm actually beginning to get excited about this game now.  I'm not fussed about the PvE but the PvP looks ace.

Thanks. I'm stuck visiting VGC on my phone and I literally can't do anything with embedded videos. It just shows up as a picture.

Also for anyone who wants impressions of the Vita TV I picked one up on release say and so far I'm very pleased. Vita games really don't look that bad on a big screen but because my tv isn't OLED like my Vita the colors don't pop near as much. And while you can't play all of Vita's great games on it you can at least play it's best two, Persona 4 Golden and DanganRonpa.

Out of the games I've tried playing on it P4G definitely plays the best since it's a JRPG and those aren't very demanding. Killzone Mercenary plays OK but it feels really weird play with the DS4's big analog sticks for some reason and no gyro aiming makes me sad. Sonic Racing Transformed plays and looks great so if you want an awesome racing game on either the Vita TV or just Vita this is a great choice.

So far I haven't been able to try PS4 remote play since my sister has pretty much hijacked it to play P4G. For $100 I can tell I'm gunna get a lot of use out of the little guy. While it's definitely not a replacement for a Vita it's totally worth the $100 too play P4G and DanganRonpa for those of you without a Vita.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

No i havent played either Soul Sacrifice or Virtues last reward  Is the story good in Soul Sacrifice?  

OMG, yes.

badgenome said:
JayWood2010 said:

OMG, yes.

Yep!!! SS has a great story..dat mythology/background stories were dope as hell

fking Sony....I wonder if they aren't gonna make a SS2 either :S 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

I'm sure they will exclusively for PS4.

JayWood2010 said:
FiveOVER said:
JayWood2010 said:

Like MUGEN said.. SS have pretty great story... worth playing it only for that.. have a lot of side stories too, and all the lore and background stories for monsters and stages...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

badgenome said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I'm sure they will exclusively for PS4.

it hurts but I know you're right.... :(

oh and there's a sale going on now on NA PSN. Has Miku for $12 if anyone is interested

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!