By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
golfgt170 said:
Tbh i really don't get all that digital hate. Is there an apparent reason/drawback over it?

I got like 20 games on my vita (excluding free ps plus) and only 2 are hard copies.

Elaborate plz

When it comes to moving on, having a physical game still has resell value, which for the less commonly found titles, may even be more than you originally paid for the game.

When it comes to selling up a console with digital titles, they add no value whatsoever to the sale (sold a Wii with a couple of hundred quid worth of WiiWare/Virtual console stuff and barely got any more for it than a bog standard system with nothing would have raised)

Mainly though, if you do keep the system, and PSN goes belly up/they stop supporting "legacy" systems, if your console packs in you've lost the lot.

I do have quite a lot of digital titles, but my priority goes towards buying physical releases. It's just a better way to own the game for the most part.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
nanzano said:

This pack would be interresting if P.D.F2nd isn´t a demo, release date 10/07/2014

Would def pick up the red one.

Also, I´ve seen some Borderlands 2 Slim bundles on a store from where I live. It seems the Slim is starting to sell  throughout Europe (If it hasn´t already).

NesFe said:

No, someone from Bamco EU was in the gaf SAO thread and he said that they aren't using the asian translation.
sample from gaf :

Source for Bamco guy, last post on this page : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805839&page=11

Well, that's good then. Figured the quick turnaround meant no real translation efforts.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MikeRox said:
golfgt170 said:
Tbh i really don't get all that digital hate. Is there an apparent reason/drawback over it?

I got like 20 games on my vita (excluding free ps plus) and only 2 are hard copies.

Elaborate plz

When it comes to moving on, having a physical game still has resell value, which for the less commonly found titles, may even be more than you originally paid for the game.

When it comes to selling up a console with digital titles, they add no value whatsoever to the sale (sold a Wii with a couple of hundred quid worth of WiiWare/Virtual console stuff and barely got any more for it than a bog standard system with nothing would have raised)

Mainly though, if you do keep the system, and PSN goes belly up/they stop supporting "legacy" systems, if your console packs in you've lost the lot.

I do have quite a lot of digital titles, but my priority goes towards buying physical releases. It's just a better way to own the game for the most part.

So it's all about selling your stuff? I don't sell anything i buy:)

If that's the only reason, then i find all the hate a bit overwhelming... 

golfgt170 said:
MikeRox said:
golfgt170 said:

Elaborate plz

With phisical you can also lend, borrow and swap with your friends. And resell or collect, of course.

Long story short, with digital you don't really OWN the game, but just the right to play it.

Around the Network
michel3105 said:
golfgt170 said:
MikeRox said:
golfgt170 said:

Elaborate plz

With phisical you can also lend, borrow and swap with your friends. And resell or collect, of course.

Long story short, with digital you don't really OWN the game, but just the right to play it.

Yes i agree that you can't do these, but saying i dont own it?

In my mail i get a digital receipt eveytime. So yeah, i think i own the game forever as with physical

golfgt170 said:

In my mail i get a digital receipt eveytime. So yeah, i think i own the game forever as with physical

It's not purely about resell, if I owned all my games digitally, 128gb would not be enough. I also tend to pay less for the physical version with a nice box for my shelf than I would have to do getting the game digitally. (I paid £17.85 for Borderlands 2 day of release vs £19.99 for the digital version for example) So it is more economical to buy physical too giving even less reason to buy digital where possible.

You are paying for a license to play the game, however if for any reason something should happen, such as Sony do go bankrupt and PSN no longer exists, you have no way of recovering your software should anything happen to it (and it would all need to already be downloaded onto memory cards if you work by filling up your card, then deleting old stuff to replace it with newer stuff).

It's not out of the realms of possibility, and yes, PlayStation is a strong brand, but if Sony did go under or the brand was sold to another company, there would be no requirement for them to retain support for legacy software. So as much as you feel you own it. There is still an off switch that is much easier to flick than you have with physical.

As I said, I do have quite a lot of digital stuff too, I just refuse to pay over £15 for anything and it is always a lower priority than picking up the physical releases I want.

I used to keep everything I bought too, but then a change in circumstance meant most of it had to be sold. Used to have a room dedicated to the collection which I amassed with my dad before he died. I was able to raise an awful lot of money through it meaning he was able to do stuff with mum whilst he was still well enough (he had a terminal disease), which would not have happened were everything digital. So physical also paid for irreplaceable memories :p

I do miss the CastleVania collection though, and the complete UK Dreamcast set :(

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

golfgt170 said:
michel3105 said:

You should read the info before buying a psn game if you think you own it lol. Either way, my hate on DDL is not those, mine is memory. I have a 64GB and it's full, so any game I want like SAO, I'll have to delete my games to add new ones. On top of that if PSN is under maintenence while I want to download my games (happened when I just got my 64GB) I have to wait for it to go back online before I can download. Also Sony's servers for Vita games are incredibly garbage and won't download even half the speed my Wifi can download. Also for some reason Sony doesn't seem to use English correctly in the Vita's settings. Under Power Save Settings, they have a option saying "Use WiFi in power save mode." Naturally you'd think okay, if you want to use WiFi when the systems in Power Save or Sleep etc. Nope it means, WiFi has a power save mode and will shut off 15 minutes after going to sleep lol. You'd think they'd be more wise with words. 
Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but when thinking of the fact, Sony's slow Vita servers took like 12 hours to download 32GB, when My PS4 does that in maybe 2 hours tops really annoys me.

Teflon02 said:
golfgt170 said:
michel3105 said:

I have a 64GB and it's full

I am 99% digital on my 16gb and i never had to do that. I mean ok i have like 7 games on my vita atm and i don't even play them all...

Are you telling me that you have 64gb full of games and play them all simultaneously? Why keep someting on your mem card if you NEVER use it? And i can imagine that 64bg = like 30 games? lol

If i need to replay something i just tranfer it to my pc or ps3 or ps4. No need to redownload anyway.

golfgt170 said:

I am 99% digital on my 16gb and i never had to do that. I mean ok i have like 7 games on my vita atm and i don't even play them all...

Are you telling me that you have 64gb full of games and play them all simultaneously? Why keep someting on your mem card if you NEVER use it? And i can imagine that 64bg = like 30 games? lol

If i need to replay something i just tranfer it to my pc or ps3 or ps4. No need to redownload anyway.

Because he doesn't wait to have to wait an agonizingly long time for it to transfer across from PS3? (using either cable or wi-fi - both are ridiculously slow)

Because he has a download cap and doesn't want to keep going over it every time he gets an urge to play a game again?

If I had all the games I get urges to play on now and again, all digital, they wouldn't fit on one memory card.

Dynasty Warriors Next; Killzone Mercenary; LittleBigPlanet; PlayStation All-Stars; Ridge Racer; WipEout 2048; Earth Defence Force 2017; Hotline Miami & Terraria are games with high replay value (to me) and things I get the urge to dip in and out of regularly.  

That's not counting PSP games like Burnout Legends; Dissidia; SSX On Tour; Star Wars Battlefront 2; Tekken 6; Vice City Stores etc. which again, have high replay value and are things I would want to keep on my system so I can play them whenever I feel like.  Such as when I played through arcade mode of Tekken 6 about 4 hours ago.

I don't have a choice with the PSP games - they're digital or not at all.  But I like having a choice with the Vita games.  If I had Dynasty Warriors/Killzone/LBP/PSABR/Ride Racer & WipEout digital, I'd have precious little space left on my memory card for anything else and I'd have to uninstall some of them any time I bought a new (digital) game.  Because I've got them physically, I can make room for PSP/PS1/PSN titles that I want to have on my system at all times and have the space (for the time being) to install new games if I want.

If 256GB Vita memory cards existed I wouldn't have a problem.  But they don't.  And with a 32GB card (for the time being) and games whose file sizes can exceed 4GB a lot of the time, it's beginning to get a bit silly that less than 8 games can take up my whole memory card.