By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Is 3.12 out yet? I haven't been updating yet because I don't want to brick my 32GB card.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
BaldrSkies said:
I'd like to ask something. How do you guys feel about digital only releases of full retail games? I've seen some complaints when EU, for example, gets a digital only release while US gets physical release. I'm talking about worldwide (more like West-wide), or region specific digital releases though.

Would you like it if a game like say, Legend of Heroes, or God Eater, were to be released digitally only? Do you prefer physical? And would that opinion change if digital were the only viable option from a business standpoint due to costs of logistics for physical products? Would you accept something like that?

By the way, I'm not confirming or denying any specific games being localized, the games I mentioned were just an example. I'm NOT hinting at anything. I'm just looking for some extra opinions to keep in mind when going forward.

Well how I feel about digital games is this:  You never really own them.  If you get banned you can never download them again (and there are reasons to get banned that are not from bad behaviour), plus you can never lend to a friend, plus PSN, XBL etc will not host them forever, once they stop you have to pray whatever system you have them downloaded on never breaks.

Digital games just have far less value and I see them as throwaway games, because one day you really might be force the throw them away because of the above. 

Because of this I wil never pay more than £10 for a digital game, and that £10 got to be something really good or I wait for a sale.  So if a game gets a digital only release here I find a price that is close to retail a bit of a joke and a bit insulting.  If a game gets a US retail release but digital only in EU I never buy it, even in a sale.  I will not validate tham trying to treat me as a lesser consumer.  I'll never play Valhalla Knights 3 or Ragnarok Odyssey unless they go to PS+, or any of the others.

If a game from Japan is digital only in US and EU, I'll buy it but only when it is below than £10 threshold still, even if need wait for a sale to get it at that.

You can Lend your account and then lend ALL your games. And without much restrictions as the Steam family Share... on PS3 and PS4 results great, on vita not so much, because the Uni-Aount issue, but still... like one of us here mentioned sometime ago, if you  buy a second Vita for a relative (son, brother, etc) You can log the account.. up to 3 vitas!! Rigth now a friend is playing some games from my account...

You can allways do a Backup of the data and burn it if You want, then you'll have Your physical medium. Rigth now I have all my  Vita, PSP and PSX games on a Hard disk I could burn it all on a couple of BD easily...

Meanwhile is profitable... they will last for ever. Well, but in this You have a point.. there are some cases that could affect You, by example expiring licenses.. like Marvel's for CRAPcom last year, they retired ALL DLC (thanks god I rarely buy any DLC) or Konami retiring without notice Skull girls game which they published.. the developer already uloaded a bettter version of the game. But these cases are more probable than LIVE or PSN dying... and in case these service go bankruptcy... probably some other company will buy them. But is a very remote possibility.. Like I said if is profitable, they will remain.

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

badgenome said:
RafaelOrix said:

Anyone know what the new PS Vita update (3.12) does? I'm updating it right now.

I heard it makes SCEA remember that they have a handheld and make some fucking games for it, but I'm not sure. Try it and let me know.

That would take nothing short of a divine intervention by Christ. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ktay95 said:
Absolutely starting to love DoS, just got my first 2 Rare summons and one of them is Excalibur... FUCKING AWESOME!!! =D

You lucky? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ACGUzz1cA

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

New trailer for the Vocaloid IA Rythm game:

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/iavt-colorful-debut-trailer#JkdXhiY6zy8RkTS2.99

And new Ao no kiseki Evolution Trailer...

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/legend-heroes-ao-kiseki-evolution-full-trailer

Around the Network

Sony really has to improve their firmware QA .

...at least we didn´t have to wait long for 3.12 .

Kresnik said:
Is 3.12 out yet? I haven't been updating yet because I don't want to brick my 32GB card.

It is, I downloaded yesterday.

New Stranger of Sword City trailer.

Just finished the first case in Danganronpa....I'm so menatally fatigued, i don't understand the world anymore, that case when on forever.

outlawauron said:
michel3105 said:
Vita sales in North America are at collapse level.
And yet, for various reasons, North America is getting three times the games (in card format, not digital) that are coming to Europe.

What makes you think that NA software sales are bad?

No, with "Vita sales" I meant hardware sales. The one tracked in the VGchartz homepage.