By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:

now they're throwing in Yakuza-with-stripping as well?

More like Kenka Bancho with stripping. Kenka Bancho: Bareass Rumble?

Around the Network

Would like to see yearly numbers from Famitsu if possible.

And if Famitsu does disagree with this, we know they're not getting their numbers from a publisher.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Damn it takes forever to get into a game in PSABR online and when i do there's always a level 999 guy :(

edit: The games also free in hk psn+ so look out for new players from my region.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Kresnik said:

Finally found what I was looking for:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5849527

Famitsu's digital rankings had Rain selling 36,488 digitally in October.  Rain was the 2nd ranking download-only title in that link Baldr posted, the first being the "Super Robot Wars Operation Extend pack of eight chapters".

That SRW game/expansion charted at #3 in the overall charts, but Rain didn't show up at all.  Does that mean that every game in that top 10 sold more than 36,488 digitally?

Seems awfully high to me, especially for something like Summon Night 5, but if those Famitsu numbers are correct then that's what it seems to be suggesting.

That Rain sales counts only the month of october (the game was probably heavily frontloaded) and the Sony chart shows sales from all the year. That's probably why Rain does not appear on the 2013 year-end chart.

Anyway, great to see PS Vita owning the digital top 10, bodes well for the system. Also, I want Natural Doctrine right now (please be a good game, I need more strategy rpg games).

Kresnik said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
XSeed puts SCEA to shame really...I mean both Shinovi Vs and AkibaStrip2? 'slow clap'

I still feel like SCE has a hand in some of these game announcements.  Idk.  Considering we've struggled to get any Japanese localizations aside from Disgaea; Raganrok & Persona in Vita's first year to suddenly being flooded with niche stuff like Sorcery Saga; Conception; Demon Gaze & apparently Akiba Strip... feels like more than coincidence to me.  Idk.  I think Sony has picked up the bigger titles like Tales and are pushing the smaller publishing houses like XSEED and Aksys to pick up the smaller games.

Maybe I'm wrong, but still.  Feels like too much of a turnaround.  Although, Akiba's Trip I suppose is a special case since there's also a PS3 SKU so they have some security.

ANYWAY:

Kudos XSEED.  As if my wallet wasn't being battered enough in 2014 thanks to Atelier/Lightning Returns/Symphonia/Danganronpa/Demon Gaze/Ys/Sorcery Saga; now they're throwing in Yakuza-with-stripping as well?  Deary me.

P.S. Digimon looks ace.

P.P.S. Those digital rankings are ace. 

I think of SCEA had anything to do with this they would announce the games themselves. They did it with Borderlands 2 for example. Since we only have teasers so far they might end up doing the official unveiling 

and don't forget we got games like SumiOni in Vita's first year too...I think it's just companies like Aksys and XSeed are really good at localizing these smaller titles. Either scenario it's good for vita so yay :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
huiii said:
Do we have the digital sales numbers form one of these games? It'd be nice to know what range they are in...

I have no clue if this is true but I found this on gaf

PSN 2013 (January 1st - December 15th) rankings

Top 10
01.[Vita] Dragon's Crown (Atlus)
02.[PS3] Dragon's Crown (Atlus)
03.[PSP] Super Robot Wars Operation Extend (Namco Bandai)
04.[Vita] God Eater 2 (Namco Bandai)
05.[Vita] Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Marvelous AQL)
06.[Vita] Toukiden (Tecmo Koei)
07.[Vita] Soul Sacrifice (SCE)
08.[PS3] Earth Defense Force 4 (D3)
09.[Vita] Demon Gaze (Kadokawa)
10.[PSP] Summon Night 5 (Namco Bandai)
>36,488

Vita Top 10
01.[Vita] Dragon's Crown (Atlus)
02.[Vita] God Eater 2 (Namco Bandai)
03.[Vita] Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Marvelous AQL)
04.[Vita] Toukiden (Tecmo Koei)
05.[Vita] Soul Sacrifice (SCE)
06.[Vita] Demon Gaze (Kadokawa) > 36,488
07.[Vita] Oboro Murasama (Marvelous AQL)
08.[Vita] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus)
09.[Vita] Monster Monpiece (Idea Factory)
10.[Vita] Valhalla Knights 3 (Marvelous AQL)

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
huiii said:
Do we have the digital sales numbers form one of these games? It'd be nice to know what range they are in...

GAF ARE STEALING MY IDEAS AND YOU HAVE THE CHEEK; THE AUDACITY TO POST THEM HERE AND IGNORE MY FANTASTIC POST EARLIER IN THE THREAD!?

I thought we had each others back, Vitabrother, but I guess I was mistaken...

Kresnik said:
BlowoverKing said:
huiii said:

GAF ARE STEALING MY IDEAS AND YOU HAVE THE CHEEK; THE AUDACITY TO POST THEM HERE AND IGNORE MY FANTASTIC POST EARLIER IN THE THREAD!?

I thought we had each others back, Vitabrother, but I guess I was mistaken...

I have soiled the great Vitabrother name...

The funny thing is that I actually read your post but I guess I just couldn't comprehend it's glory.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Anyone can find FF X |X-2 vita gameplay yet, I only find ones showing the opening scene on vita and menu's

I haven't seen any vita footage at all. My copy should arrive on Monday though, so I'll find out first hand how it performs ^^

On that thought, how do you guys feel about the potential FFX-3 game being made ? When I first read the news/summary on gaf, i felt demotivated to play through FFX/X-2.