By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Euphoria14 said:
USA Today dubs the Vita as a "Handheld Gaming Beast" and awards it a 3.5/4 (87.5)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/review-playstation-vita-a-handheld-gaming-beast/1

A good score. USA Today gave 3DS a 3.25/4 when it first launched. I think they should a re-review now that it has more games, applications, and a price cut, but it's alright since most people are smart enough to know what's recent.

The Vita launch is better than the 3DS launch, but how will it hold in the long run? Will it receive a price cut if it doesn't sell well? Will they discontinue the 3G? What will happen to it if it doesn't do will? But, we should keep a postive mind about these launchs. 3DS had a rough start, but now it's the fastest selling console. The Vita should do better in the Americas and Europe, though i'm a bit lost with Europe since it's a bit like Japan with sales.

I don't see them lowering the price of the Wifi, but I do see them discontinuing the 3G model, and offering a 4GB stick with every Vita as an incentive. Do I believe it will out pace or beat the DS/3DS? Nah, but does it need to? Nope.

Quality games, and do better than the PSP is all Sony should worry about.

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Euphoria14 said:
USA Today dubs the Vita as a "Handheld Gaming Beast" and awards it a 3.5/4 (87.5)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/review-playstation-vita-a-handheld-gaming-beast/1

A good score. USA Today gave 3DS a 3.25/4 when it first launched. I think they should a re-review now that it has more games, applications, and a price cut, but it's alright since most people are smart enough to know what's recent.

The Vita launch is better than the 3DS launch, but how will it hold in the long run? Will it receive a price cut if it doesn't sell well? Will they discontinue the 3G? What will happen to it if it doesn't do will? But, we should keep a postive mind about these launchs. 3DS had a rough start, but now it's the fastest selling console. The Vita should do better in the Americas and Europe, though i'm a bit lost with Europe since it's a bit like Japan with sales.

Yeah, but I don't think 3DS had itself compared to Smartphones and tablets in it's review. If 3DS was compared in the same way it would have scored less than it's 3.25.

You can't look at Vita score and think 3DS should be near it because like I said, it was fortunate to be reviewed as what it was and not as what it wasn't. Not to mention the 3DS doesn't even offer the same functionality and gaming possibilities as the Vita. They are very different, not to mention the Vita rightfully scores higher for the better launch lineup and superior tech. Scoring them anywhere near similar would be outrageous.

Serious question: Why does it seem to bother you so much that the Vita is rated as a better peice of tech than the 3DS when it is in fact true and price won't change that?

Be happy that it is even rated anywhere near as close. Vita undeniably has better graphics, controls, gameplay input possiblities and much more robust online experience.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pezus said:
Lol, check this website out: http://www.elko.is/
It's the biggest electronics retailer in Iceland. See if you notice Vita

I opened the main page and Vita smacked me in the face.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pezus said:
Lol, check this website out: http://www.elko.is/
It's the biggest electronics retailer in Iceland. See if you notice Vita

I don't know man it's kinda hard to locate :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Euphoria14 said:

They will re-review 3DS and Vita for the Holiday season so just wait and then You will see if Vita is a Fail as some haters claim... As a Whole PSVita is better than 3DS, just give it sometime And some great games will backup more that statement..

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network
DemoniOtaku said:

PSSuite will be a good option for indie and small developers to go... is one of the promise of SONY that I'm more aware of..

And about the offers on Amazon... nice that include Third party games... *sigh* I wish I have he money to at least buy those two games (Blazblue and Rayman origins) but that could be a torture waiting to buy the Vita on April-May...-___- A cheaper torture that's it ;)

EDIT: Fifa, Wipeout, ben10 kart racing and Blazblue are out of Stock from amazon!! "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available." O.O WOW! Are selling more than it seemed or the offer is limited very limited!

i love the idea of PSSuite. if done right, indie/small dev's will have n awesome place to display theri games.

M.U.G.E.N said:
man this thread exploded! :D

glad to see all the new faces! Welcome!

So many great news coming our way!

the system is launching with 28 titles (or more?) ..so much diversity in the line up and quality

my biggest surprise so far has been the reception Mutant Blobs has been getting..some really high scores..I think justpushstart gave it a perfect score as well! Didn't see that coming tbh

HYPE TRAIN IS IN FULL SWING PEOPLE!

credit yourself for making the thread, and the content builders there after. i couldn't have imagined this thread being as big as it is. 

@Wagram i'm more than positive this thread will last well past launch

Hey, my Vita keeps making a clicking/static sound every time i use the touch screen, even with the volume off..... I didn't notice the clicking sound before... Is this normal? Because it's kind of loud and annoying.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

I gotta say I love this thread..must be the only place on this whole site that people are having proper discussions about the vita and talk about what's most important..the games and hw..

and on the news front

"The PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken are set to release on March 6 and May 11 (PC), respectively. But the PlayStation Vita version will not arrive until fall, Capcom has said.

The PS Vita version is in for a treat. It will add 12 new characters. From the Street Fighter side, it adds: Elena, Guy, Cody, Sakura, Dudley, and Blanka. And on the Tekken side, it adds: Alisa, Christie, Jack, Brian, Lars, and Lei. Illustrations and screenshots of these characters will be released in future updates."

http://gematsu.com/2012/02/street-fighter-x-tekken-due-for-ps-vita-this-fall

and on even more fantastic news

"Sure, the Vita might have one of the biggest launch lineups in history, but that doesn’t really matter in the long run – what’s most important is what you’ll be playing on your Vita four, five or even ten years from now. With the PSP, the handheld quickly suffered a severe lack of releases not just from third parties but from Sony themselves, a mistake they promise not to make with the Vita.

Gamasutra talked to Scott Rohde, Senior Vice President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios, about how the PSP had suffered from a lack of content, and whether the Vita’s release line-up was too front loaded:

No, not at all. I think that there are some that argue that we may even have too much lined up at launch, but I know we’ve got a lot more in the works.

Again, referencing what you talked about for PSP, I think that there were too many droughts of killer titles. There were too many long droughts, and I think we recognized that. And we’ve put a serious investment into our long-term PS Vita plans, so there’s a lot of stuff in the works.

Rohde also explained what went wrong with the PSP:

Man, I could probably talk about that for three hours all by itself. But again, I think what was special about PSP in relation to Sony was it was the first time that Sony, as a company, was trying to support two platforms at once. So that, by its very nature, made that launch a little bit rocky. We still did okay. We got some good games out the door.

I think the point you’re making is a lot of the better games came in the first two or three years of the lifecycle of that machine, but there weren’t a lot of amazing killer games that launched. And this time around, we started planning for development of this machine about three years ago, in terms of developing for the software, and how we were going to be able to transition.

We still had some teams finishing up their PS2 lifecycle, a lot of teams building on PSP, the bulk of our resources on PS3. But we started creating a nice transition plan to get some of our top teams onto Vita.

And in addition to that, we had very distinctly different meetings with the hardware creators, so we were heavily involved in the design of the machine, the way it feels, the fact that we all stomped our feet and insisted that this thing have two analog sticks.

If we’re going to create a hardcore machine, for hardcore gamers, it absolutely had to have those two sticks. That was square one, right? So we definitely learned a lot from the PSP, and I think we definitely resolved a lot of those problems, moving into this cycle."

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/21/sony-weve-put-a-serious-investment-into-our-long-term-ps-vita-plans-theres-a-lot-of-stuff-in-the-works/

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mythe said:
Hey, my Vita keeps making a clicking/static sound every time i use the touch screen, even with the volume off..... I didn't notice the clicking sound before... Is this normal? Because it's kind of loud and annoying.

:S don't think I have heard that complaint before....weird. I wonder if there is a setting that has enabled a sound for touch responses

and yea I agree Marcus..and @Warams comment: Yep we will go as far as we can go with this thread..cuz like I said above..this is kinda the only place with a positive environment for discussing everything PSV

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!