By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

lol but its not only Soul Sacrifice, giving poor scores just seems to be their thing

Around the Network

It's funny how much better Marvelous AQL is selling their games on the "dead" Vita than on consoles with massive hardware sales numbers.

First Senran Kagura and now Oboro Muramasa. They were also ecstatic over the level of sales Assault Gunners (download only game) hit last year. Oh they also co-developed Soul Sacrifice.

Honestly all Vita really needs is a couple more developers like MAQL and it will be pretty solid for a steady game library. Falcom is putting a lot of effort into it, and Compile Heart seems to be shaping nicely. Gust is also pleased with their Atelier Plus series sales and may just end up putting original games on the device. They already hinted towards the Arland series continuing here.

SnakeDrake said:
ign review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/30/soul-sacrifice-review

And its a 7.7, well at least he admit his not a fan of the genre.

That guy said that have 20 HOURS of gameplay... seriously? I and some friends have more than that on the DEMO only... :/ Can You make a fair review of this kind of titles with only 20 hours?!

@RUNA I want Your Opinion as a reviewer... How much You play a game before write the Review, Do you bet it all?

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

20 hours of gameplay surely is not enough to review a game like Soul Sacrifice.
Anyway, my impression is that all this metacritic thing, and scores and reviews is a thing of the past, a form of journalism that ended in the nineties. Nowadays, we have access to forums, blogs and social network, where we can retrieve the opinions of the friends we trust, instead of listening to "professional web journalists". Or else, a game like Gravity Rush wouldn't have sold a single copy, no?...

In my opinion, Soul Sacrifice cannot be the killer app Sony is waiting for, It's surely too "dark" to have a mass appeal. But the game has the potential to go viral, and the final salesfigures could be surprising, in a good way.

BaldrSkies said:

They were also ecstatic over the level of sales Assault Gunners (download only game) hit last year.

They need to release Assault Gunners here so I can make them ecstatic with my moneys.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Monster Hunter tends to end up around 80, I expect this to end up around 70-75. So not as highly reviewed, but still good.

Anyway, it's my type of game and I'm sure I'll enjoy it thoroughly. That's what counts after all.

To be fair, MonHun only started ending up in that region after the Freedom Unite/Tri period started.  

Thing I don't understand is, both of the MonHun clones we've had on Vita have been reviewed by Colin Mortiarty.  Comparatively, Kezza did the most recent review for MonHun on Wii-U and it's like night and day difference between the two.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Colin's review.  For the most part, I liked it, and I haven't played the game so I can't judge him on it.  But Kezza mentioned that she played at least 50 hours in MonHun; Colin played 20 for his review.  Kezza said that multi-player was "crucial" to the experience in MonHun; Colin made passing mention towards the end of his review that the game could be played co-operatively.  I'd hazard a guess that he didn't spend more than an hour trying the multi-player.

It's little things like that which niggle me about the review.  Like I said, I don't have an overbearing hatred for it; but why not get Kezza or someone different to write the review who has a better understanding of the genre?  Just seems odd.

I'm thinking Soul sacrifice will probably outsell Monster Hunter in the west. That is an interesting factor. Across two systems according to this website MH3U sold around 300k. 3DS version sold the most about 160k. I wonder if soul sacrifice will outsell that number only on the Vita.
If it does, i think Capcom might have to think their future MH plans. I always though that what made sense is to release the game on both portables with online play.

Though, on the other hand, Sony have been bastards to capcom in the past, so that is always a barrier that needs to be overcome.

Nem said:
I'm thinking Soul sacrifice will probably outsell Monster Hunter in the west. That is an interesting factor. Across two systems according to this website MH3U sold around 300k. 3DS version sold the most about 160k. I wonder if soul sacrifice will outsell that number only on the Vita.
If it does, i think Capcom might have to think their future MH plans. I always though that what made sense is to release the game on both portables with online play.

Factor in that MH is probably as overtracked as every other niche Japanese game here and it's certainly possible.

I doubt that Monster Hunter is ever coming, though. Seems like something happened back when Capcom canceled Monster Hunter Tri for the PS3 and moved it to the Wii, but nobody really noticed until it showed up on the 3DS. I think Nintendo might have decided it was worth their while to lock it down to have that unbeatable (in Japan) Mario + Pokemon + Dragon Quest + Monster Hunter combo.

Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:

Monster Hunter tends to end up around 80, I expect this to end up around 70-75. So not as highly reviewed, but still good.

Anyway, it's my type of game and I'm sure I'll enjoy it thoroughly. That's what counts after all.

To be fair, MonHun only started ending up in that region after the Freedom Unite/Tri period started.  

Thing I don't understand is, both of the MonHun clones we've had on Vita have been reviewed by Colin Mortiarty.  Comparatively, Kezza did the most recent review for MonHun on Wii-U and it's like night and day difference between the two.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Colin's review.  For the most part, I liked it, and I haven't played the game so I can't judge him on it.  But Kezza mentioned that she played at least 50 hours in MonHun; Colin played 20 for his review.  Kezza said that multi-player was "crucial" to the experience in MonHun; Colin made passing mention towards the end of his review that the game could be played co-operatively.  I'd hazard a guess that he didn't spend more than an hour trying the multi-player.

It's little things like that which niggle me about the review.  Like I said, I don't have an overbearing hatred for it; but why not get Kezza or someone different to write the review who has a better understanding of the genre?  Just seems odd.

Yeah, that's what I mean about "I hate Western Journalism", because it's so uneven. I get that the guy doesn't like that genre, but similarly you wouldn't get someone who's really into Sci-Fi films to watch a chick flick. Wrong target audience. 

But yeah, certainly seems as though Colin was reviewing it because he had to, whilst Kez was doing it for the fun of it, and that's a big difference.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Another psn game in the works for psvita(confirmed via twitter): EVERDEAD: Zombie Apocalypse.

Info and pics in the link.(Pics are from mobile versions)

http://www.ratdoggames.com/moreEverdead.html

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!