By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
KylieDog said:

Silent Hill Book of Memories is a Dungeon Crawler.

Oh.

Around the Network
NesFe said:

Well, I did it. I pre-ordered Senran Kagura :).

As for the discussion of 3rd party developers. Square Enix and Level-5 are the only 2 companies with zero support for the vita. I had hoped square would have released Final Fantasy type-0 for the vita. All they had to do was create higher res/textures, add 1-2 new playable characters, 4-5 new missions and re release it in japan and the west for the vita. I'm willing to bet it would have sold a million, especially since it was very well received in japan (sold 1 million in jap alone), and it didn't release on the PSP in the west. I'm not angry though since I've already played through it. it is just disappointing.
As for Level-5, I wish that Youkai watch was being made for the vita instead of 3DS. I have a suspicion that Level-5 changed platforms for this game (if you compare the first trailer of the game to current trailers). Anyways, It would have been a great pokemon like game for the vita.

Did you play Time Travelers? How was it, was it well received for the very few who brought it.  

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

M.U.G.E.N said:
part of the problem is SCEJ and SCEA. Both are dropping the ball big time. SCEJ prior to the santa monica guy seems like a big mess. How can they NOT work towards getting a MH exclusivity from capcom after the huge success it was on the psp. I guess they acted to slow or something. :S I honestly don't care for the game itself from a gameplay point of view (I prefer faster gameplay) but it would have helped the system in a big way in JP.

oh well let's hope once the company starts making more money as a whole they will invest more

It appears SCEJ is changing, however I'm worried how SCEA has been acting lately towards Vita, dunno, it seems like they almost don't care and there is no sign of that changing anytime soon. Come on Sony, announce new titles to the western audience already! Perhaps we will see a flood of nee titles with Playstation Destiny (but I'm not getting my hopes up).

@SnakrDrake: I did play Time travelers, but only the first 30 minutes or so of the game. The game is basically a full on visual novel with QTEs and you can jump forward/backwards in time to events to view them and change decisions. I'm planning to start playing it again soon since the story looked interesting.

As for reception, considering it barely sold and it was released on 3 systems, I don't think it was well received, but I haven't seen any forum discussions and what not so I'm not sure

NesFe said:

Well, I did it. I pre-ordered Senran Kagura :).

Good to know that I'm not the only pervert around here

Still working on a way on how to get this game. Found someone who can potentialy pre-order for me. I'd use my own credit cardssss if only I hadn't maxed them out already.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
You know, Torchlight would be such a coup for Vita. And it would be perfectly workable.

oh man, I would buy the shit out of those games! Especially clickclickclick games like that which would make perfect use of the vita's touch screen.  

and I understand porting to the Vita is super easy. DO IT! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

MikeRox said:
Scisca said:
If EA releases a FIFA 14 that's a 100% true port from the home consoles and with PS3 cross-play, I may consider them to be equal to Ubi, but not just now. FIFA 13 was such a low blow, that I can't put them on par with a company that so far hasn't mistreated us.

So you don't consider releasing iOS  $0.99 ports for full MSRP (or £39.99 in the UK) mistreating customers (Asphalt/Dungeon Hunter), but a full team update and frame rate improvement of a sports title with new licensed soundtrack is a low blow?

I think AC3:L has given you rose tinted views of Ubi's Vita efforts. However I strongly suspect Sony paid for most of AC3:L.

Ah, ok, maybe you're right. I just didn't even know these were iOS games, since I have an Android phone and I'm not really into phone gaming anyway. Dungeon Hunter demo seemed ok, but not good enough for that price, now I know why. I'd buy it for $0.99 on my Vita though ;)

Torchlight, Diablo, The Witcher, Morrowind, Beyond Good and Evil... The possibilities of awesome ports that would benefit the console are really endless! If only Sony started being more active. Such cheap ports couppled with great 1st party titles would be the first step for Vita to gaining some serious ground.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

While I reject the idea that Vita has not had a plethera of good titles(I have purchased more Vita games than anythin in 2012), I do wish more 3rd Parties were on board. I don't know what it is about Sony these days but most 3rd Parties seem very hesitant to even give them the benefit of the doubt they freely give Nintendo. When Sony says " Hey EA/Ubi/SE/Capcom/etc, I want you guys to make a game for our portable", the only thing most of them come up with is "Lets just rehash stuff we already released on other systems", when NIN asks of the same thing they get original stuff more often. Why is this?

The only non 1st party game I own for Vita is......Assassin's Creed: Liberations honestly. Everything else is Sony first party. This is not the end of the world tho. As Sony has learned from the last few years, don't put too much faith in flemsy 3rd Party Devs who only like you as long as you can pay them more than your competitor. It will be better for Sony in the long run if majority of their successes are 1st Party, as they reap all the profits. Uncharted was good, Gravity Rush was great and the system needs more original IPs like it. Luckily Soul Sacrifice,Warrior's Lair and Tearaway also fall nicely on the console as original IPs.

As I have stated over many times, Sony should invest more in RPGs of any given region. They have always been Playstation's ace in the hole and their 1st party neglect the genre terribly. Warrior's Lair is a start, yet that top down view is almost a deal breaker to b honest. Gamers in general.....despise that view point and games that use it suffer for it. What the Vita needs personally is that magical collectathon RPG hybrid ala like Pokemon. Ni No Kuni is getting raving reviews right now, Sony should be more forthwith with acquring the IP to some copacity for Vita.

And any games for Vita starting now should not be simple ports, the time for that is 1st year, now its time for new things that are fresh and exciting.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

KylieDog said:

Reason no MHP3 and a HD PS3 version released outside Japan is due to Sony, they have different firmware in Japan with additional updates that allow for multiplayer to work in a way that isn't possible in NA/EU currently, Capcom was in talks with Sony about implementing it outside Japan but Sony ultimately didn't.

I actually see the conversation happening like this:

Capcom "Nintendo gave us a shit load of money for Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS exclusive.  Oh by the way, can you fix Ad-hoc party in the U.S. and E.U. for us?"

Sony: "Go f@#$ youselves."

forevercloud3000 said:
While I reject the idea that Vita has not had a plethera of good titles(I have purchased more Vita games than anythin in 2012), I do wish more 3rd Parties were on board. I don't know what it is about Sony these days but most 3rd Parties seem very hesitant to even give them the benefit of the doubt they freely give Nintendo. When Sony says " Hey EA/Ubi/SE/Capcom/etc, I want you guys to make a game for our portable", the only thing most of them come up with is "Lets just rehash stuff we already released on other systems", when NIN asks of the same thing they get original stuff more often. Why is this?

The only non 1st party game I own for Vita is......Assassin's Creed: Liberations honestly. Everything else is Sony first party. This is not the end of the world tho. As Sony has learned from the last few years, don't put too much faith in flemsy 3rd Party Devs who only like you as long as you can pay them more than your competitor. It will be better for Sony in the long run if majority of their successes are 1st Party, as they reap all the profits. Uncharted was good, Gravity Rush was great and the system needs more original IPs like it. Luckily Soul Sacrifice,Warrior's Lair and Tearaway also fall nicely on the console as original IPs.

As I have stated over many times, Sony should invest more in RPGs of any given region. They have always been Playstation's ace in the hole and their 1st party neglect the genre terribly. Warrior's Lair is a start, yet that top down view is almost a deal breaker to b honest. Gamers in general.....despise that view point and games that use it suffer for it. What the Vita needs personally is that magical collectathon RPG hybrid ala like Pokemon. Ni No Kuni is getting raving reviews right now, Sony should be more forthwith with acquring the IP to some copacity for Vita.

And any games for Vita starting now should not be simple ports, the time for that is 1st year, now its time for new things that are fresh and exciting.

Gamers despise top down viewpoint? What is this non sense you speak of. You even mentioned pokemon right after that sentance! Seriously, Diablo, Warcraft, any RTS or dungeon crawler. League of Legends is the most played game right now isn't it or something?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(