By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
M.U.G.E.N said:
Teflon02 said:
Hey M.U.G.E.N I got a avatar request, can you make it for me, it should be easy. You know the Kings Game in Persona 4 the animation obviously right? You know how Yu is all cocky and confident and tells 2 to sit on his lap and its Chie. I want the moment she sits and his straight face saying, "Because I'm King" or even the part with Rise, but has to have one of those 2 on him with it saying "I'm King" lol. Is that possible?

hehe sorry bud but i actually a noob when it comes to the persona series. I have watched the first anime series but I skipped persona 4 anime cuz i want to buy the game and didn't wanna spoilt much

What i usually do when making avatars is finding a render of a requested character, create a background to go with..do some coloring/lighting work and bam! I tried to look up a high quality screen of the situation you just mentioned but couldn't find one :( so I'm sorry...but if you have a perticular character in mind...I am more than happy to make one for you..lemme know

oh and lol found this random gif while looking for that screen

Aww that sucks. And Lol that actually had me dying. and I guess, I'll attempt to do it myself lol. I only seen the first part as in 12 eps, but my cousin showed me the King game in June lol. It's to epic lol. But If I can't I'll wait will I get the dub for part 2 and use the rip from the scene. Just won't look the best :p. Chie is my fav character in P4 so I'd go with her but I don't want to use same as you. 

I think I got a great one to use for my avatar

Around the Network

I was trying to learn XHTML and Wordpress but haven't done anything for a while. I was actually creating a Vita site with it too. I am better with XHTML because I couldn't get wordpress up and running properly because I was trying to sandbox it on my own computer and had a tough time figuring out FTP and the like, reading a book that forcuses on Mac of all things and assumes you are going to start right away paying for a hosting service :P

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Kresnik said:
Heavenly_King said:

About 6 months ago, I'd have agreed with everything you posted here.  I wanted Sony to buy more first party studios, create more great experiences, have more franchises on the go etc. etc.

I don't feel that way anymore though.

The thing Sony needs to start doing is saving money.  Buying a studio and having to pay the wages for say, 100 new employees, isn't going to save them any money.  They can't even afford to keep fantastic studios like Liverpool open, so I don't think they need to be buying any more.

The way they're doing things now, imo, is a much better strategy.  Have their core studios (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Guerrilla) create the big IP's (Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone).  They hand off the development duties to smaller, third-party studios (Ready at Dawn for God of War, Tarsier for LittleBigPlanet).

This way, they get the best of both worlds.  They get profit from the game & pay the costs, but aren't investing huge amounts of money in a studio they can't sustain.  And the smaller studios get sustained work from Sony if they do a good job with their IP's (i.e. Ready at Dawn, High Impact).

I'm also enjoying how Sony take the IP's from their bigger devs and hand them to the smaller devs for the portable games too.  Like Studio Cambridge did LBP PSP, Sony Bend did Uncharted: Golden Abyss.  Which makes me all the more pissed off that Studio Liverpool shut.  Just give them fucking Gran Turismo Vita, Motorstorm Vita, Infamous Vita.  ANYTHING like that.  Fools.

edit: Although, one thing I think they DEFINITELY need to do is open a new studio in Japan.  Japan Studio isn't enough on it's own (Polyphony don't really count since they're just GT machines).  I think opening a dedicated JRPG studio over there would be an excellent step.

If those small developers prove to be great game makers, other Big company could buy them, and Sony would have 1 less viable developer in order to earn lots of cash.

On the other hand, If the games are a success, they will easily have enough money to pay all the people in the company they bought.    They closed Zipper interactive, and Liverpool studios because their games were not a success in order to make their studios rentable.   Is the sad but real truth.   And that is why Sony bought Sucker Punch last year, it looks like Infamous 2 is doing a lot better than what it says here on vgchartz.    Also,  I can bet that if Sanzaru games studio, the ones doing the new Sly cooper, makes a great game and is a success financially, Sony will buy them.  

SCE is giant searching for worthy studios to assimilate them under the Sony umbrella.    If in the upcomming months RAD is not owned by Sony I would say that is because RAD wants to be independent, and not because Sony did not try do buy them.

So, even if Sony is not doing so great in the electronic devices department, they must continue to invest in their gaming services, just like they did when they bough GAIKAI.    They need to have more and better assets, that can guarantee in some ways the best gaming experience possible.  That is also a reason why they invested so much money in their first party studios this generation.   At first people was like, "Sony is loosing their exclusives (3rd party), and releasing some new 1st party games; meh I dont give a damn", now people are like "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! Sony exclusives are the best!" and those are now 1st party.

Sony right now has really good AAA studios working on PS3 games like Media Molecule, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Games Guerrilla, Sucker Punch.   But in the VITA department they only have 1, Bend Studios, and Japan studios which has not doing much things lately. Most of the Big studios wont make Vita games, unless they grow a lot and get more employees. Sony needs more Vita studios, that is why I said they need to buy RAD, and High impact games.  Both studios are great, so I bet they have great ideas for new Vita IPs, and also they can develop games based on IPs already established.   And if Sony gets more Vita studios, Bend could finally develop another SYPHON FILTER GAME!!!  Even though, they are right now the Premium studio for portables, they deserve the chance to create a game for consoles; Sony should let them trascend into a higher plain of existance lol XD.   Syphon Filter for the PS3 with uncharted3 graphics would guarantee multiple nergasm :D

And yeah, Sony needs to have more japanese studios under their umbrella.  Japanese gamers dont give a damn about western created IPs :(  so if they want to sell games and consoles like crazy there, they need some good japanese studios too.

Personaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wanna be head of colours on the Vita site.

Strategy:

YELLOW, TONS OF IT. Like Persona 4.

I'll also be head of Chie meaning I post all Chie-related content. 

badgenome said:
nen-suer said:

October will suck me dry...

So will Runa216 (I heard).

'scuse me, I may be bi but I've made it clear no cock is in my mouth.  my ass is fair game, but my mouth is off limits. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

M.U.G.E.N said:

Wild Arms vita anyone?

Don't joke about that, man.  I'm still anxiously waiting for Wild ARMs 6, since it got 'announced' at TGS in 2009... fml.

Media Vision are too busy making Chaos Rings games these days anyway.

Also, I don't think Wild ARMs would be a good choice.  As much as I love it (my favourite RPG series ever), it's been on the decline since the first installment.  It wouldn't shift a lot of Vitas.  A new IP would be a better choice, or possibly Arc/Legend of Dragoon would do better.

LEGEND OF DRAGOON!!!!! I can bet they are making a game.   With the crazy sales of the PSOne classic, and the rumors about Dart being in PSASBR, I can almost guarantee Sony is doing it AT LAST!!!

TOO MUCH BADASS!!!!

My top 5 RPGS are:

FFVII - LoD - Xenogears - Fallout 1 - Crisis Core: FFVII XD

I wonder when Sony going to begin making RPGs again like they used to in the PS1-PS2 era?

I love how Atlus is competent enough with English to make that cool play on words in P4 The Animation. The fact the main character's name is Yu which sounds a lot like "You". Priceless.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

pezus said:
Runa216 said:
I bet I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like Sound Shapes. I just find it so obnoxious. the campaign mode is super easy, and the death mode is stupid hard (because it's random. not skill based.) I mean, I'm still truckin through, gonna get Platinum on it, but man, so frustrating.

This is why I never try to trophy hunt much in games. I just get frustrated

I used to be the same, but to be honest much of my reason for actively not trophy hunting was simply becuase I hated people who used their gamerscore to lord over others or get annoyed with me becuase I didn't give a shit that their gamerscore was higher than mine.  Then I got bored and went to beat Rayman Origins on 100% on t he vita, and I was sold. got my first platinum, and just kinda fell into the habit of getting good scores.  Got a platinum on Resistance, Skyrim, Gravity Rush, and even sound Shapes (which I still dislike).  it's just a nice feeling, and I'm in a race with a friend of mine to see who can get to Trophy level 14 first.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

got my copy of LBP!!! woot!!! playing it now!!!!

arcane_chaos said:
got my copy of LBP!!! woot!!! playing it now!!!!

IMPRESSIONS!?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!