By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else absolutely despise the way the industry is moving?

NiKKoM said:
Get a PC?

it has all what you need and we, as vgchartz, will give shio with it for free!

Get a PC? And play casual shit like Bejeweled? Plus, the mouse is the oldest motion controller around.

Around the Network

Not at all, I've seen plenty of great content I want to get. Skyward Sword, Skyrim, Gears 3, Arkham City, Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Ocarina 3D are definite buys for me this year. I'm impressed with both PS Vita and Wii U--in the case of the latter, Nintendo have created an interface more akin to DS in that it marries traditional controls with new controls, and as far as I'm concerned, the DS is clearly the greatest gaming handheld to ever have existed. Also with Wii U, there's an awful lot we don't know, and I'm not one to take that as a bad thing--Nintendo have got the name and the idea of the controller out into the open and they have people talking about it, eventually they'll come out with more details about exclusive games, the online system and everything else. The signs are already promising--the EA head honcho mentioned downloadable content in his natter at the end, and the trailer displayed video chat, showing that Nintendo are clearly thinking about a fuller online experience for Wii U. I think there's an enormous amount of potential in that new controller, and hopefully Nintendo and third parties will fulfil that potential.

So for this year there are plenty of definite titles I want, and a few maybes, and there are already games for me to get excited about next year. Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Resident Evil: Revelations, Animal Crossing, Halo 4, and there's Wii U and PS Vita. There were also other tidbits that were exciting--all the Zelda stuff was exciting for me, as a big fan of that series. There's also positive signs outside of E3 that Xenoblade and Last Story will make it to Europe sometime this year or early next year.

Personally, I don't think the lack of new IP is something to be too concerned about, because new characters do not equal new experiences. So long as the technology continues to evolve, then the franchises we know and love can be redefined, reinvented and refined in excellent new ways--Tomb Raider (despite Lara making too much noise for my liking) is an excellent example of this. Kid Icarus is a good example of a dormant franchise making a great comeback--it doesn't matter that this new game features the same characters as the 1987 original, because the advances in technology and design mean the experience and gameplay will be very different.

I guess this isn't a direct response to your concerns, but then again, I think you're asking for too much. As far as I'm concerned, the more ways of playing games, the better. There perhaps isn't something for everyone, but the variety the industry is showcasing as it evolves is only a good thing.

All we have seen of Wii U so far is the controller, tech demoes and a sizzle-reel that contained a early prototype Tekken and PS3-footage. Right now i am really pissed at the so-called hardcore(AKA elitist casuals). They got a controller that they wanted with two sticks, and all the buttons a PS3-controllers had and they still bitch, as i knew they would. Again Nintendo says they want to make a experience for everyone, and again all the elitist casuals hear is that Nintendo will only make mini-game collections and casual-games

The gaming industry, Just like the music industry is becoming garbage.... If MS announced the Xbox 720, I could couldn't careless... Whats the point in having super awesome graphics, a CPU that clones cells and cures cancer if your going to repeat the same type of games as the last few games? Linear hall way shooters with shitty fake physics...

Xbox has become garbage, Wii has been garbage, and Well Sony is the only real "hardcore" gaming company left... I don't want Halo 4-10, I don't want Gears 3-10, I don't want Fable 3.5 (Same game as fable 3 with slightly new features, clothing or anything like that) I want NEW games, New IP's, I don't want Kinect games because they are NOT fun.

My $0.02

(Don't catch feelings and ban me for MY opinion).

endimion said:
Acevil said:
I only dislike the direction microsoft is moving in. The other two I am alright with.

microsoft is moving in one direction and it's not about gaming it never was and never will.....it's shifting from your office to your home office and now to your living room and in your daily life..... they made that point clear 10 years ago when bill gates said the cellphone is the future

XB was never meant to compete purely on the game market it was a way to step in your media room and in the middle of your life because they knew that staying a software company exclusively was a dead end for them.... they try to find a point where you have to use them for something like it "was/is"the rule for PC

I have no worries about the nextbox blowing our minds out.... once again this is not about casual or core..... because in our day and age it's not just about gaming anymore..... good gaming experience is the basic, the strict minimum any system will have..... what will really make the difference it's all the other services....

much like smartphones today..... making calls is the least important thing now a days.... it's something all of them do....

I'm Canadian, so the movement they are doing is pretty effortless for me in terms of "entertainment". Remember my only real hobby is gaming, so I have everything this generation from  Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. My other hobby watching Television, I don't even do on that....I watch it on the computer, or if Netflix Canada has it, on my ps3. 

Microsoft was smart, they already got the hardcore, so they know that strong percentage would not buy multiplatformer any where else, but see I have options. Namely when Sony games are slighty better, they contain more value incase I ever need to sell my collection (worse case situation) and sony actually tries to offer me exclusive stuff.  

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Dr.Grass said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
Dr.Grass said:

But I get your point, especially how MS have done a 360 in the last 2 years.

Don't you mean 180? Or was that supposed to be one of those "Don't think about it... it'll make sense" jokes?

I thought no-one would pick up on that... That was pretty quick! WD

How did you know? You're the second guy to ever tell me that. It's usually girls who say it.

I'm in touch with my feminine side

Yeah I agree with the OP.

I'm not really a Nintendo guy and I don't like the look of the Wii U controller at all so Nintendo is out next gen for me. If the next Xbox is the Kinect Box then Microsoft is out next gen. I think Sony might be my only bet next gen because I don't see them making the PS4 all about PS Move or anything like that.

Acevil said:
endimion said:
Acevil said:
I only dislike the direction microsoft is moving in. The other two I am alright with.

microsoft is moving in one direction and it's not about gaming it never was and never will.....it's shifting from your office to your home office and now to your living room and in your daily life..... they made that point clear 10 years ago when bill gates said the cellphone is the future

XB was never meant to compete purely on the game market it was a way to step in your media room and in the middle of your life because they knew that staying a software company exclusively was a dead end for them.... they try to find a point where you have to use them for something like it "was/is"the rule for PC

I have no worries about the nextbox blowing our minds out.... once again this is not about casual or core..... because in our day and age it's not just about gaming anymore..... good gaming experience is the basic, the strict minimum any system will have..... what will really make the difference it's all the other services....

much like smartphones today..... making calls is the least important thing now a days.... it's something all of them do....

I'm Canadian, so the movement they are doing is pretty effortless for me in terms of "entertainment". Remember my only real hobby is gaming, so I have everything this generation from  Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. My other hobby watching Television, I don't even do on that....I watch it on the computer, or if Netflix Canada has it, on my ps3. 

Microsoft was smart, they already got the hardcore, so they know that strong percentage would not buy multiplatformer any where else, but see I have options. Namely when Sony games are slighty better, they contain more value incase I ever need to sell my collection (worse case situation) and sony actually tries to offer me exclusive stuff.  

well I understand what you are saying... the thing is that the reason they have issues to get threw in media related services is due more to copyright issues and broadcasting rules changing from one country to the other.... but the more global the world gets the less it's gonna be an issue.... one day we'll be able to watch the same thing the same day everywhere in the world..... because it's the way people want it.....

now exlusives are irrelevent in my opinion I don't care if a game is exclusive as long as it's good..... to me beside first parties nothing should be exclusive.... that way the competition would be clearly about the system and the in house devs....  i don't want to have to buy more than one system if they all have pretty much the same quality overall!

next generation will be even better than that one by miles I have no doubt about it... and we'll still have tons of fun with it....

Marks said:
Yeah I agree with the OP.

I'm not really a Nintendo guy and I don't like the look of the Wii U controller at all so Nintendo is out next gen for me. If the next Xbox is the Kinect Box then Microsoft is out next gen. I think Sony might be my only bet next gen because I don't see them making the PS4 all about PS Move or anything like that.

what is all the hate about motion control???? why a kinect based consol would be the end of core gaming.... ask any kids 20 years ago if would like to see a day where you can game with out a controller.... wht do you think he would have said..... now it's here and all people have to say is core gaming is with a pad you are a casual if you use motion gadgets.....

now if people use there brain 2 seconds..... first kinect is an option ona 6 years old consol...... and second we don't even have rumors on a new system yet..... when that will come even if motion control is fully integrated first it will be 10 times better and the system itself will be.....

imagine fully 3 dimensional tracking, 3D grphics, multiplayer up to 100s....  stop being so worried because you haven't seen anything that hot a year after launch of a totally new concept..... if takes as much time for devs to fully exploit the potential and get creative with kinect than it did for them to get around the cell tech spec.... there is no reason to be alarmed... especially that far in a generation.....

Yes I don't like the way gaming is going, thanks to elitist clowns who can only think of graphics, realism and FPS shit. Those who think a 2 year old game is outdated, who buy 3 identical FPS games at year, who prefer a game to watch rather than a game to play or a cool character to a good game, who think a game is mature because is violent. That's what is ruining gaming. There is not casual gaming and hardcore gaming, there are just games you may like to play and games that you don't. You do want games to use motion control beacuse you'll look like a douche. Hello! You're playing, you're not doing something useful to yourself or to others, you're playing just like little kids play, if you want to do something manly go study or go to work.
I said it, free to ban me