By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - three huuuuuuundred ninety nine...... pounds

july 20th is the release date? is this confirmed anywhere else?

Around the Network
DrZoidberg said:
july 20th is the release date? is this confirmed anywhere else?

I don't think so, but it makes sense. Imagine next year's E3 will be full of WiiU games 2 weeks before the release of the console.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I don`t think a release date was revealed.
I don`t see that date as being right. It`s obvious there`s a whole lot to show on next E3 and seeing as it`s normally around this time, that wouldn`t leave to much room for marketing and, of course, hype! But if a reveal of the size of E3 happens sooner... who knows?

DélioPT said:
Iwata stated in an interview with Nikkei that the Wii U "could be priced higher than ¥20,000" (quote taken from n-europe.com article), being cited as saying "Nintendo is unlikely to sell the new console for the same price as the current Wii" - which is 149 dollars and euros. - http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15658

In euros that`s 170€ and in dollars as $249. Of course the price would be 250€ aswell.

Seems reasonable to think that the price will be between 249-299 dollars and euros.

I think it might be $299 as well from that statement.

That link proves nothing.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
DélioPT said:
Iwata stated in an interview with Nikkei that the Wii U "could be priced higher than ¥20,000" (quote taken from n-europe.com article), being cited as saying "Nintendo is unlikely to sell the new console for the same price as the current Wii" - which is 149 dollars and euros. - http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15658

In euros that`s 170€ and in dollars as $249. Of course the price would be 250€ aswell.

Seems reasonable to think that the price will be between 249-299 dollars and euros.

I think it might be $299 as well from that statement.

It depends on much Nintendo can psuh the price up! :D
Seriously, i think that if they can price it a 250€/$ they will most likely do it. It`s more market friendly and won`t be too high for core gamers to give it a try.

Well, the Wii launched at £180 ($295) and the 3DS did at roughly £200 ($328). I'm expecting WiiU to retail at about £235 ($385)

I didn't even click the link. I do know that when the N64 was about to launch, Nintendo said it would be under $300 (the cost of the competition) and it launched for $249 when everybody thought they meant $299. I remember when the Gamecube was supposed to launch for less than $300 and everybody assumed they meant $299. It launched for $199. I can't remember what the Wii was rumored to launch for ( I think it was rumored to be anywhere from $199 to $300) but it found a "sweet spot" of a launch price, too. I tend to have faith in Nintendo when it comes to launching a.....HOLY SHIT!! THE 3DS is $250!?

Nevermind.

I'm sure the price listed in the first post is just a placeholder by the seller. Something they're doing in order to pick up ridiculously early pre-orders.

nah surely a placeholder..I doubt the machine packs anything hw wise that will cost them anywhere near that amount

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!