By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS VITA + PS3 = Wii U

Have you guys think about the posibility of using the PSV on the PS3 as Nintendo will use the Wii U controller on their new console? I mean the Vita has multitouch screen, dual cameras, tilt motion gaming and graphics not so distant from the PS3 (and maybe bluetooth for data transmision but specs were not revealed).

I mean Sony could anticipate Nintendo with the PSV. What do you guys think?

Around the Network

Can't that already be done with all PS3 games if you have a custom firmware on both your PS3 and PSP (playing PS3 games remotely with your PSP)? except for the touch, tilt, motion and dual cammeras :P

Vita should be able to do it if Sony allows developers to do it. It will be laggier than the WiiU though. But you should be able to play your PS3 games remotely even if you're not at home.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

you wanna borrow my riot shield?

Well more than being able to play them on the PSV screen I would prefer if developers use the Vita multi touch, camera and motion features to expand gameplay. Vita is capable of being use as a controller since it has dual analog sticks.

I felt the same after saw the Nintendo conference.

Around the Network

Yeah I thought about that one too while watching Nintendo conference.

NGP.. one of it's features is ability to play console games equivalent to their PS3 counter parts on the ps3 at home, and when you go out, you can continue the game anywhere you are in the world through cloud storage....

mM

wii U ships with that controller, psvita is a seperate purchase. sony can unlock it but it will never gain much traction with developers.

kitler53 said:
wii U ships with that controller, psvita is a seperate purchase. sony can unlock it but it will never gain much traction with developers.

Pretty much what you highlighted. 

I also thought about it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.