By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS VITA + PS3 = Wii U

Actually, it would be PS3 + MOVE set + PSV = WiiU

Do the math of the cost and that it needs two, or three sepate buys with not evey owner having all that.......

Around the Network
PSaiki said:

Do the math of the cost and that it needs two, or three sepate buys with not evey owner having all that.......

For some like me... just buy PS Vita .

kitler53 said:
Rafux said:
Xen said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
wii U ships with that controller, psvita is a seperate purchase. sony can unlock it but it will never gain much traction with developers.

Pretty much what you highlighted.

Pretty much what he highlighted.

Its true PSV is a separate purchase but still it could work with multiplatform titles, for example Darksiders 2 developers won't have to cut the Wii U features from the PS3 version they just have to include them on the disc as optional. I think thats a good selling point for people that already have a PS3.

yeah, no, you have a point.  but honestly, i think 3rd parties are going to view the wii U as just another place to put their games.  i don't think you'll see much if any games that truely utilize the wii U to its fullest but instead go the direction of the psmove integration with bioshock infinate or kinect integration with mass effect 3 - a kind of cool extra that doesn't affect the core gameplay in a profound way so that the core gameplay can be put on to both (soon all 3) platforms.

as such, ps3 and vita integration ala wii U could happen i just don't see it being supported in a meaningful way.

but hey, i'm not trying to hate.  i actually really like the idea of the touch-screen-on-controller the wii U is doing.  i hope sony/ms shamelessly copy it.

The biggest drawback is PSVITA doesn't have R2L2 buttons which means it can't really be a 1:1 replacement for the WiiU controller.

silicon said:
kitler53 said:
Rafux said:
Xen said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
wii U ships with that controller, psvita is a seperate purchase. sony can unlock it but it will never gain much traction with developers.

Its true PSV is a separate purchase but still it could work with multiplatform titles, for example Darksiders 2 developers won't have to cut the Wii U features from the PS3 version they just have to include them on the disc as optional. I think thats a good selling point for people that already have a PS3.

yeah, no, you have a point.  but honestly, i think 3rd parties are going to view the wii U as just another place to put their games.  i don't think you'll see much if any games that truely utilize the wii U to its fullest but instead go the direction of the psmove integration with bioshock infinate or kinect integration with mass effect 3 - a kind of cool extra that doesn't affect the core gameplay in a profound way so that the core gameplay can be put on to both (soon all 3) platforms.

as such, ps3 and vita integration ala wii U could happen i just don't see it being supported in a meaningful way.

but hey, i'm not trying to hate.  i actually really like the idea of the touch-screen-on-controller the wii U is doing.  i hope sony/ms shamelessly copy it.

The biggest drawback is PSVITA doesn't have R2L2 buttons which means it can't really be a 1:1 replacement for the WiiU controller.

PS Vita has the multi touch back panel that could be used as L2/R2 buttons

PSaiki said:

Why would it need a MOVE set?

Around the Network
Xen said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:

The inverse of what he highlighted, 50 million people already have the console they just need to buy the Vita a 250$ controller lawl but once the ps4 launch the same feature will be available with it and by the time the psv will probably be at 20-30million

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

it appears that IGN had the same idea as you did, I think its simple response Sony can implement if the WiiU and PSV take off

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173628p1.html

Seems like it can be done but i doubt it. The WiiU controller is not a portable console, and the Vita is. The Vita does not stream off a console that needs to be on to play.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

That functionality has been on the PSP/PS3 since launch. I have used remote play for games, movies, music etc. I have not seen any games that utilize it as a controller, although they showed the PSP being used as a rear view mirror for GT5. I would imagine with the new PSP, every function the Wii controller has, the PS3 can do. 

TeddostheFireKing said:
it appears that IGN had the same idea as you did, I think its simple response Sony can implement if the WiiU and PSV take off

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173628p1.html

What the hell... IGN used exactly  the same title, I swear I never saw the article.