By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Circumcision ban getting people snippy.

melbye said:
I am glad i live in a country where mutilation of male genitalia is not common practice

Indeed. It's one of those things that, after it gets banned, will be looked upon in exactly the same fashion as the foot crushing thing from China (Japan? I can't remember).

If someone wants to get circumcised, they can. But mutilating your own child's genitals is monstrous.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm uncut, my father is uncut and my sons are uncut. I've always thought that the choice should be left up to the individual who owns the cock. I could give two shits if my kids grow up and wanna get snipped, it's their choice. I don't however like the idea of government telling people that they can't do it. So I guess I could have just quoted Kasz.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

VivaLaWiida said:
Uncircumsized penises look disgusting.

maybe we should start circumsizing women too, then.

theprof00 said:
VivaLaWiida said:

maybe we should start circumsizing women too, then.

Already happens in some countries... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

The United Nations has also declared February 6 as "International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation"

They have a day for everything I suppose...

VivaLaWiida said:

lol All Penis are disgusting if you really look at it. Besides, pull the skin back and it's the same goddamn shit. 

OT: I really don't see the big deal. Just like Abortion, I'm pro choice. IF the parents wanna circumcise the kid, fine, it doesn't really matter. From what I have read, you run risk of infections and stuff with or without it. I think it's more of a cultural thing at this point, because both have the pros and cons. Then again, maybe some new studies have found something different. Basically, let it be the parent's choice. Easy, done, move on to bigger problems.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:
Kasz216 said:

I'd say both.

Male circumcision actually has a lot more negative effects them people think...

with basically no real upsides.

It's infringing on parents rights to decide for their children... but at the same time... deciding for your children may not always be the best choice.

Balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis and penis cancer are all diseases associated with the foreskin. The last 2 can lead to amputation of the penis. I would say that not having your penis amputated is an upside.

And what kinds of negative effects are there? I know there is apparently less pleasure derived from sex, as the foreskin contains some sort of..."pleasure nerve endings," but beyond that I am not informed.

Well for one.  Penis amputation.

Seriously botched circumsiscions are between  1 and 4%.

VS the

1 in 100,000 percent chance of developing Penis Cancer if uncircumsized (actual number)... which generally only occurs at the very end of ones life.

Yeah.  I'd much rather take the 1-4% chance of having my junk ruined at birth... (well moreso than normal circumsicision does!) then the  .001% that i might get a horrible disease and lose  my penis much later.

Then, of course, the MUCH less pleasure during sex thing... which you know.... is kinda relevant.

And in general as long as you use proper hygenie your less likely to get scarring or an infection vs being uncircumsized.

1 in a million is the estimate of penises lost from complications from circumcision.

studies on sensitivity are inconsistent as there are studies that show lessened sensitivity and studies that show increased sensitivity.

so you can stop with your FUD

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

pearljammer said:
izaaz101 said:

Balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis and penis cancer are all diseases associated with the foreskin. The last 2 can lead to amputation of the penis. I would say that not having your penis amputated is an upside.

And what kinds of negative effects are there? I know there is apparently less pleasure derived from sex, as the foreskin contains some sort of..."pleasure nerve endings," but beyond that I am not informed.

Simply becuase there are diseaes, however rare, associated with foreskin is not reason enough to allow mutilation.

As someone who has grown in an area where there is very little circumcision, the very idea that one would suggest the cutting of their child's penis is frightening. Absolutely frightening.

If someone later in life should want it, sure go ahead. I should be able to decide that my son would be better off without a part of his body simply becuase I prefer it that way.

Btw... Go Canucks, go!

So would you then propose a ban on all "mutilation"? Cutting off excess fingers, toes or say a tail, until the age of maturity, when they are able to make their own decision?

And thank you...although, the way things have unfolded in the past 2 games make me wish that your Habs were able oust them in the first round.

scottie said:
melbye said:
I am glad i live in a country where mutilation of male genitalia is not common practice

Indeed. It's one of those things that, after it gets banned, will be looked upon in exactly the same fashion as the foot crushing thing from China (Japan? I can't remember).

If someone wants to get circumcised, they can. But mutilating your own child's genitals is monstrous.

What foot crushing thing are you talking about?

MrBubbles said:
1 in a million is the estimate of penises lost from complications from circumcision.

studies on sensitivity are inconsistent as there are studies that show lessened sensitivity and studies that show increased sensitivity.

so you can stop with your FUD

Didn't say lost.  I said negativly effected via botched circumsision.

Some research studies show as many as 9 kids out of every 100,000 die who go through circumsision.

Source: THYMOS: Journal of Boyhood Studies, Vol. 4, No. 1, Spring 2010, 78-90

As for the studies... it's not even if you actually look at the studies... and who funds them... on the one hand... Medical people, on the other hand...mostly religious people who want circumsision to not look bad since a religious tradition isn't worth a childs life to a lot of people.

There is a reason why the US is the only country that circumsises people for non-religious reasons.

And that's general ignorance in the United States.