By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official 2011 E3 Nintendo Thread

Conegamer said:
After Microsoft's E3 that's certainly one contender out the way

Can't wait for Xenoblade, Cafe and Zelda! And everything else, of course.

I posted this in another thread but it seems more relevant here:

As bad as I think this [ MS E3 conference ] was, I think Nintendo still has the possibility of doing worse or not much better.

Sure, it will be exciting to see the new hardware, but Nintendo has to bring something much better than the rumors to have a good conference... Wii 2 with better hardware and a gamepad with a screen would be disappointing for me.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Conegamer said:

As bad as I think this [ MS E3 conference ] was, I think Nintendo still has the possibility of doing worse or not much better.

Sure, it will be exciting to see the new hardware, but Nintendo has to bring something much better than the rumors to have a good conference... Wii 2 with better hardware and a gamepad with a screen would be disappointing for me.

It's always possible, but I don't see it happening. Nintendo grasp what the consumer want- games. Like last year, that's what they'll show us, and then they'll walk it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NJ5 said:
Conegamer said:

Would you also accept some games?

Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Conegamer said:

Games sure, but if they disappoint on the new hardware that can screw up the whole conference for me.

My hope is that the Cafe rumors are highly misleading.

NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:

Games sure, but if they disappoint on the new hardware that can screw up the whole conference for me.

I don't give a dead muskrat's ass about the hardware except insofar as it facilitates play experience.

So, you know, whatever. If they announce, say, Smash Bros.? My head is going to explode.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:

I don't give a dead muskrat's ass about the hardware except insofar as it facilitates play experience.

So, you know, whatever. If they announce, say, Smash Bros.? My head is going to explode.

I agree, to me it is software above hardware, unless hardware is above 500....Given I did end up paying a lot for my 360....I think above that mark.....okay I don't really have price issue....unless I buy too many things in a row. 

Khuutra said:
NJ5 said:
Khuutra said:

By hardware I mean the console, the controller, and the way they interact... Maybe I should have been clearer.

Zelda, TLS, xenoblade, pikmin, Mario 3ds, mario kart3ds, kid icarus, MGS3ds, kingdom hearts 3d, those are the games I think we can expect for sure, maybe 1 or 2 more wii games, several 3ds games (5-10 I guess), and for café... I dunno, I would expect a mario game, maybe retro, a new smash (I can dream), and hopefully a new game from SUDA51... No more heroes 3 FTW!!!

I have not heard any rumors of a munster hunter 3ds, but I would not ruled out just yet...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I only caught the second half of MS' conference - from Gears 3 onwards... Honestly I didn't think it was all that bad..
The Kinect Labs thing especially looked like something I would enjoy, and hopefully some of the 'hardcore' kinect games will be fun as well...

Also am I the only one who immediately thought of scanning in a sword/lightsaber/golf club using that object capture thing? Hell, even if I just held one in my hands without scanning it in, the games should still play the same, no?

Face/clothing recognition also looks way better than what the 3DS can offer at the moment, and that finger tracking app. made me think of The Matrix when he tilted the scene from side to side by leaning with his body. I wouldn't mind to see that as a gameplay mechanic... At this rate by next E3 we should start seeing some serious 'must have' games for the platform. I hope Nintendo also ups its game with Motion Plus.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Iwata will "tweet" during this week. Confirms Miyamoto speech!

“I’m here now at the Nokia Theatre preparing for our #NintE3ndo presentation tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the show. I arrived here at #E3 on Saturday from Japan, so I’m still experiencing jet lag. I’ve been making my #NintE3ndo speech in English since 2001, but I find it’s still tough to deliver my speech not in Japanese. It’s not easy to prepare a smooth #NintE3ndo presentation, but we enjoy it. Now Mr. Miyamoto is changing his script again!”

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile