By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The future of VG Chartz, what does the site mean to you?

I like the site as it is but if you want to add reviews that would be cool but that takes a lot of time and energy, your also need more mods, and more writers, but I would recommend that you implement changes slowly over time not all at once. Allow users to have their input for every new feature. To add it slowly and see how people react is the best thing in my mind.

You can always add more charts and figures you know.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

We don't need to review games on this site, but like Grey Acumen said, a reader review section with a rubric for reviews like Graphics, Gameplay, Difficulty, Replay Value, and Audio. Then you give a score (1-10; 1-5) somethin like that.

Improving sales data so that we can be "the most comprehesive VG charts in the world" would probably be a first start.

And less website glitching up or not being able to reach it.

RolStoppable said:
Focus on improving the sales data. Don't try to make VGChartz something similar to IGN or Gamespot.

VGChartz shall be known as the most comprehensive videogame charts in the world and not as a videogame site that also has sales data.

I'll 2nd that!

I would like to stay with what we've got, just advertise the site, make it known more across the net, but I don't think we need to change much, just focus on making it the best tracking service in the world

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

i'd be happy to help aswell if needed. im studying business studies and computing in uni, so im involved alot in, business functions, bsuiness change, web design, graphics, databasing and all that nonsense lol.

Around the Network
ioi said:
fkusumot said:

I would like a site with the best sales numbers and the best forum/community. The ways to do this are numerous (or are they?) but I would only advocate adding content if that helps to further those ends.

Well I would argue that we already have that

The only way to improve the accuracy of our data is to become more powerful and be more attractive to more people to partner with and provide data to. The more people that visit the site the more bargaining power we have, the more contacts we make and the more we get taken seriously. So how do we get more people visiting the site and more importantly, how do we get people to keep coming back on a regular basis?

Regular basis maybe by having the charts come out on specific days and specific times? But the not knowing makes me check the site more often. 

"Like you know"

ioi said:
fkusumot said:

I would like a site with the best sales numbers and the best forum/community. The ways to do this are numerous (or are they?) but I would only advocate adding content if that helps to further those ends.

Well I would argue that we already have that

The only way to improve the accuracy of our data is to become more powerful and be more attractive to more people to partner with and provide data to. The more people that visit the site the more bargaining power we have, the more contacts we make and the more we get taken seriously. So how do we get more people visiting the site and more importantly, how do we get people to keep coming back on a regular basis?

There's no doubt VGChartz has the best weekly sales numbers. I sincerely thank you for that.

On the forum/community side I think it cannot get any better at this point with more visitors to the site. In fact I think the forums would go downhill with a greater influx of people because I believe it would lead to more joke accounts being created for the purposes of trolling. Personally I would like to see tighter controls on account creation when you decide to take steps to increase traffic.

We need OFFICIAL REVIEWS like gametrailers, or gamespot, someone on the site makes a review of the game they played and give it an unbiased score.

mM

Well VGchartz is being used by more sites in its news so word is getting out, maybe VGC should issue more PR releases on the data, like when companies fail to meet their goals

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ioi said:
rendo, that is basically what I am describing. Each minisite would be run by seperate people in a vgchartz style and linked back to the main site, that way offering more content but not messing too much with what we have here.

Alright, was just making sure that's what you meant.  By going with other sites, like IGN/Gamespot/Whatever, that leaves you with very little control on what happens.  But if you have other people who constantly update a site that you, in the end, have creative control over, that's much better for keeping VGC as VGC and not some mixture of whatever the other sites basically demand as they're much bigger.

The only issue I really see with starting "new" sites, ran by "people" is that they really have to have the dedication to do it.  A preview/review site would be the most challenging, as you actually need to get a hold of so many games and actually spend time playing them, and give honest, unbiased reviews.

I'm all for adding additional sites, as long as it's done properly, isn't too ad invasive, and has a simple, but professional appearance.  A community forum for all is what I'd recommend though, so it's not 3 communities, it's 1 giant one.