By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections coming to PS3/360

MGS HD remakes on 360!?!?! FREAKING SWEET!!!!!!! I'm seriously shocked that Peace Walker is now going to be a 360 game.

And HD remakes of Zone of the Enders? Hell yeah!!!!!

Both day 1 buys and AMAZING news.

Around the Network

Any words on whether or not the Substance versions are included?

I own 3 copies of 1, 2 and 3

And a copy of peace walker 

I can't be the only one disappointed in this news

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Branko2166 said:

I can see MGS4 finally being ported to 360, though I doubt they will ever patch the PS3 version for trophies.

It's been almost 3 years since the game was released.

If they're reopening the code base to port it, no reason not to tack on trophies to the PS3 version as well.  They'll have to come up with achievements anyway.

And I doubt MGS4 will ever get ported to 360.  As you said, it's been almost three years since the game was released.  If they can't do something substantial to convince people to rebuy the game (ala HD remakes), why bother.

Nsanity said:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Box Art Revealed.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-box-art-revealed

That's gross.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

these will be the 1st collections coming to the 360. I wonder if they will all be on one disk

Kinda odd choices for the first collection to show up on 360.  I figured Ubisoft would've done it first with Splinter Cell.  Either way, it was bound to happen sometime.

And I just realized, MGS3 in HD pretty much kills all interest I had in MGS3DS.

1st "Collection" was BGE, yes I realize it's not a collection as it's just one game, but it's a PS2/XB game redone in HD. Second one is RE4/CVX, this is really the third and expect it to be the norm from now on, i.e. FF Collection will be a PS3/360 game.

Also, you're right about your last sentence for me if, and only if, these games have a 3D option as well.

Too bad they didn't includethe remake of the first one, MGS Twin snakes. But it's great for one who never played a single one of this games.

Also, ZoE Collection, could this mean there will be a ZoE3? Maybe Kojima next project? God, i hope so.

makingmusic476 said:
Branko2166 said:

I can see MGS4 finally being ported to 360, though I doubt they will ever patch the PS3 version for trophies.

It's been almost 3 years since the game was released.

If they're reopening the code base to port it, no reason not to tack on trophies to the PS3 version as well.  They'll have to come up with achievements anyway.

And I doubt MGS4 will ever get ported to 360.  As you said, it's been almost three years since the game was released.  If they can't do something substantial to convince people to rebuy the game (ala HD remakes), why bother.

Spoilers below

MGS 4 Substance with extra missions, i.e. when Raiden goes away and rejoins with you later on, you play as him, game over. But then again that might be what MGSR is all about, so maybe add some other crap or something.

I welcome this with open arms and a box of tissues.

Also... MGS3D was my main reason for wanting a 3DS. That has now gone out of the window. MGS HD wins every time.

Also Kojima announced the Fox Engine. It his new engine for multiplatform games (360, PS3 and PC).

Just want to play good games