By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insurance for download-able games... what?

Right click on image and select View Image to see it full.

Around the Network

Haha, I knew Gamestop getting into digital distribution would lead to awesome things!

wait you can't just re download the game any time you want? Why would anyone use that service?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

badgenome said:

Haha, I knew Gamestop getting into digital distribution would lead to awesome things!

Tell me about it. I wonder how steam will respond. Maybe they will start charging a per download fee ;)

next thing Gamestop will offer a downloadservice, with a specially trained employee coming to your house and download the games for you.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

next thing Gamestop will offer a downloadservice, with a specially trained employee coming to your house and download the games for you.

hey bestbuy, sells PS3's that come with the latest firmware installed by the expertly trained employees.

they go to months of rigorous schooling and training, so that they never fail at pressing, "update system" button

Porcupine_I said:

If you're not the CEO of Gamestop, you should be.

Wow that's ridiculous! And the "insurance" nearly costs as much as the game >:(

are they charging for something there compeitior that dominates the markets offers for free for life (as long as steam is around). 

they cant be charging for this, and they cant just have 18th months on something thats an collection of data in an location owned by them. 

edit: They are charging for this, well this means one thing sadly for gamestop: no market. No gamer will use this service anymore and even when its removed no gamer would come back because they know gamestop pulls stuff like this. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

thranx said:
badgenome said:

Tell me about it. I wonder how steam will respond. Maybe they will start charging a per download fee ;)

don't speak of such evil things! ='/