By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you Nintendo fans think Link is so powerful?

Max King of the Wild said:
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

any questions?

Why does Zeus allow Ares to make a deal with Kratos in the first place? I mean, if Zeus was trying to keep Kratos under control he surely would be watching when his son was going into a big battle? It doesn't sound like Zeus wanted to kill Kratos before the Ares incident, because otherwise he could have easily got rid of him. When Kratos begged Ares for help, Zeus should have stepped in, because he should be aware that Ares can grant people a lot of power which is exactly what Zeus didn't want Kratos to have.

Zues didnt want to reveal to anyone that kratos was his son. He NEVER steps in for anyone. I am pretty sure he wanted for Ares to have kratos in his grasp. Ares didn't grant him any sort of huge power, it was the pandoras box that did it. Zues never expected for Ares to go AWOL and his only hope was for Kratos to kill him because gods cannot fight other gods. I think Zues made all the right calls. He killed kratos right when he was at his strongest and backstabbed him. He just didnt expect Kratos to take over the sisters of fate and control time. That was his only mistake. Oh and sending the gods to kill him one by one lol

Zues didnt really pay too much attention to anyone (Hercules and Ares complained about having to fight for zues to get notice and even then he ignored them) Also, zues was unaware of the power that pandoras box held. Zues also had more than just Kratos to worry about...

yeah Zues was a baddass, it made the final battle all the worthwhile lol

Around the Network

Finally *sarcasm*, someone makes some good sense. Link is overrated.

Link is just a brain-dead, autistic, socially impaired, mute kid living in the trees who talks to fairies and is very friendly with his horse, a bit too friendly. On top of all of that, he is gay, yea I said it, he is GAY. I mean, he saves princess Zelda a quadrillion times in bajallion timelines, but does he get it on with her in any single on of those timelines, NO.

In fact, the whole Zelda story seems like something Miyamoto came up with one day in college, while getting seriously high on shrooms and acid. How else do you see fairies?

RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Hes right though, you never even played the games and act like Kratos is mad for no reason and likes to hulk smash. When he has reasons for his anger against the Gods. I am just glad i play games and series before i judge them.

I played through the first game. Sorry, I don't like Kratos. He is anything but a likeable character. He is the one who agrees to become Ares's servant in order to save his life and then he gets upset, because Ares made him do things that Kratos didn't want to do. Well, that was part of the deal. Kratos acts extremely selfish and continually blames others for his weakness. Perhaps he should hold back for a second and ask himself who got him into all the trouble in the first place.

***SPOILERS***

***SPOILERS***

Also, he blamed just the right people... Kratos went on a mission to get revenge on everyone who had a part in the deaths of his family, and "My vengence ends now" is an appropriate way to end the game...

LifeLongGamer said:

What's with all the Kratos/God of War hate? Kratos isn't even mentioned in the OP. This topic is about Nintendo fangirls who think Link is somehow powerful when really Link's just a hermaphrodite who's no more powerful than an anorexic 5-year old weakling who's bound to a wheelchair, Kratos would rip Links head off and shit down his throat before Link could even pull a stupid facial expression (which is all he's limited to expression-wise seeing as he lacks the simple ability to talk). Link has zero personality and absolutely no depth to him at all. The Zelda franchise consists of boring overrated dreary games made by invalids, especially for invalids.

Oh my god... the nerds on this site really are as thick as shit... How anyone can call the story in God of War shit when no-one here can even explain the story correctly, the story is extremely well written. I guess people are just so monumentally stupid and uncultured that a game needs to spoon feed the plot and have a completely basic and shallow story with no external real-world references to civilised culture to be widely accepted as good (Uncharted 2, for example is widely considered to have a good story when really it's just a generic man looking for a magic stone before a bad man can find it and become almighty...yawn). Some of the 'interpretations' of how people 'understand' the story in GOW games are so wrong that I'm baffled as to how they aren't locked up in a mental asylum seeking treatment...

* Don't bother replying to me, I'm not returning to this site full of nerdy simpletons.

Oh wow....xD

Mr Khan said:
KylieDog said:

Link is a bit of a gimp.  I mean you talk (mime) to some guy and say "Give me a bottle I need it to help save the entire realm" and the shop owner says "Nah, go dive to the bottom of oceans and inside of volcanos fetching me bits of rock" and rather than just stab him and take the bottle Link actually goes and fetches this stuff.  For a bottle...

Link abides by the rules. I know that's out of vogue for superheroes or gaming heroes or any fictional role-model today, but that's what he does

Yet he'll still bust in your house and smash all your pots and porcelain kitchenware. Clearly passive agressive.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Viper1 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Viper1 said:

He's powerful because he embodies the spirit of a person without super powers, without God heritage, without genetic mutations, without futuristic weaponry and he still has the bravery, courage and wisdom to save his world from evil.

That, my friend....is power.

Every main character is like that. 

So Kratos isn't a demigod?
So Marcus Fenix doesn't use futuristic weaponry?
So Spider-Man isn't a mutation?
So Cole doesn't have super powers?

its not the powers, its like you said its the courage. What does it matter if they have futuristic weapons if the enemy has them too. Its like saying the link has futuristic weapons compared to his enemies. 

Completely not what I'm getting at.   Link is humble, he's not arrogant and just as importantly, he's relatable.   Gamers like him because they feel like they can honestly be him...more so than other hero game characters.   And yet still conquer over evil.  That's an endearing trait that not many video game characters can claim.  And it's why when e-peen contests come about sizing up Link to X video game character with Gold-like powers, super human strength, futuristic weaponry, etc...they choose Link.  Because they can relate to being like Link.  Kratos they cannot.

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

NoobSlayer92 said:
Viper1 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Viper1 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Viper1 said:

He's powerful because he embodies the spirit of a person without super powers, without God heritage, without genetic mutations, without futuristic weaponry and he still has the bravery, courage and wisdom to save his world from evil.

That, my friend....is power.

Every main character is like that. 

So Kratos isn't a demigod?
So Marcus Fenix doesn't use futuristic weaponry?
So Spider-Man isn't a mutation?
So Cole doesn't have super powers?

its not the powers, its like you said its the courage. What does it matter if they have futuristic weapons if the enemy has them too. Its like saying the link has futuristic weapons compared to his enemies. 

Completely not what I'm getting at.   Link is humble, he's not arrogant and just as importantly, he's relatable.   Gamers like him because they feel like they can honestly be him...more so than other hero game characters.   And yet still conquer over evil.  That's an endearing trait that not many video game characters can claim.  And it's why when e-peen contests come about sizing up Link to X video game character with Gold-like powers, super human strength, futuristic weaponry, etc...they choose Link.  Because they can relate to being like Link.  Kratos they cannot.

lol missed that post...

I can not relate to link in the slightest... not more so than other characters... actually i can relate to hatred and revenge as a motivation than whatever link has.

LifeLongGamer said:

What's with all the Kratos/God of War hate? Kratos isn't even mentioned in the OP. This topic is about Nintendo fangirls who think Link is somehow powerful when really Link's just a hermaphrodite who's no more powerful than an anorexic 5-year old weakling who's bound to a wheelchair, Kratos would rip Links head off and shit down his throat before Link could even pull a stupid facial expression (which is all he's limited to expression-wise seeing as he lacks the simple ability to talk). Link has zero personality and absolutely no depth to him at all. The Zelda franchise consists of boring overrated dreary games made by invalids, especially for invalids.

Oh my god... the nerds on this site really are as thick as shit... How anyone can call the story in God of War shit when no-one here can even explain the story correctly, the story is extremely well written. I guess people are just so monumentally stupid and uncultured that a game needs to spoon feed the plot and have a completely basic and shallow story with no external real-world references to civilised culture to be widely accepted as good (Uncharted 2, for example is widely considered to have a good story when really it's just a generic man looking for a magic stone before a bad man can find it and become almighty...yawn). Some of the 'interpretations' of how people 'understand' the story in GOW games are so wrong that I'm baffled as to how they aren't locked up in a mental asylum seeking treatment...

* Don't bother replying to me, I'm not returning to this site full of nerdy simpletons.

Nintendo fans are clearly winning. We've trolled a God of War fan in a thread created to troll Zelda fans. Then again, the jab at Uncharted and the faked ragequit might be a sign of master trollmanship.

Between the OP being slightly baiting with the "Link is a dumb version of Batman" and discussion over "who is more powerful" getting so heated I think it's best to just lock this thread before it goes too much further. 

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000