By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you Nintendo fans think Link is so powerful?

radiantshadow92 said:
Play4Fun said:

What is this BS?

And what's with the Infamous avatar guy? Hardly anyone talks about Infamous (Cole or whatever his name is =p)  and Kratos is a shitty ass character. There are better Non-Nintendo characters to compare link to.

Also, are you people doing these comparisons for fun? Because some people seem to be getting pretty serious in here...

*Cough* radiantshadow92 especially *Cough*

I get pretty serious when people talk down some of my favorite franchises. I am sure you would do the same.

When it comes down to it, they're just fictional characters in a game. So no, I wouldn't because I don't care.

You shouldn't let people use something so stupid to get to you.

Around the Network

What's with all the Kratos/God of War hate? Kratos isn't even mentioned in the OP. This topic is about Nintendo fangirls who think Link is somehow powerful when really Link's just a hermaphrodite who's no more powerful than an anorexic 5-year old weakling who's bound to a wheelchair, Kratos would rip Links head off and shit down his throat before Link could even pull a stupid facial expression (which is all he's limited to expression-wise seeing as he lacks the simple ability to talk). Link has zero personality and absolutely no depth to him at all. The Zelda franchise consists of boring overrated dreary games made by invalids, especially for invalids.

Oh my god... the nerds on this site really are as thick as shit... How anyone can call the story in God of War shit when no-one here can even explain the story correctly, the story is extremely well written. I guess people are just so monumentally stupid and uncultured that a game needs to spoon feed the plot and have a completely basic and shallow story with no external real-world references to civilised culture to be widely accepted as good (Uncharted 2, for example is widely considered to have a good story when really it's just a generic man looking for a magic stone before a bad man can find it and become almighty...yawn). Some of the 'interpretations' of how people 'understand' the story in GOW games are so wrong that I'm baffled as to how they aren't locked up in a mental asylum seeking treatment...

* Don't bother replying to me, I'm not returning to this site full of nerdy simpletons.

I'm not sure who is making VS. threads, but if I wanted to see who was stronger between someone would I not pick someone who I also think is strong.

So is it NOT the topic creator pitting kratos and lilnk against one another that is making link strong, or against infamous guy.

which proves an earlier point.  i have read you guys say his name a ton and still dont' know it.  ask the average gamer who samus and this guy are in a pic and i bet more can identify samus.  popularity samus wins

LifeLongGamer said:

What's with all the Kratos/God of War hate? Kratos isn't even mentioned in the OP. This topic is about Nintendo fangirls who think Link is somehow powerful when really Link's just a hermaphrodite who's no more powerful than an anorexic 5-year old weakling who's bound to a wheelchair, Kratos would rip Links head off and shit down his throat before Link could even pull a stupid facial expression (which is all he's limited to expression-wise seeing as he lacks the simple ability to talk). Link has zero personality and absolutely no depth to him at all. The Zelda franchise consists of boring overrated dreary games made by invalids, especially for invalids.

Oh my god... the nerds on this site really are as thick as shit... How anyone can call the story in God of War shit when no-one here can even explain the story correctly, the story is extremely well written. I guess people are just so monumentally stupid and uncultured that a game needs to spoon feed the plot and have a completely basic and shallow story with no external real-world references to civilised culture to be widely accepted as good (Uncharted 2, for example is widely considered to have a good story when really it's just a generic man looking for a magic stone before a bad man can find it and become almighty...yawn). Some of the 'interpretations' of how people 'understand' the story in GOW games are so wrong that I'm baffled as to how they aren't locked up in a mental asylum seeking treatment...

* Don't bother reply to me, I'm not returning to this site full of nerdy simpletons.

Replying to you anyway because I know you'll read it.

It's obvious this bothers you.  You wouldn't register and post your inane message if it didn't.  And I thought the thread was sad enough as it was but you've come forth to take the cake.  Maturity incarnate you are not.  Mature people can portray their indifference without injecting it with insults.  Frankly sir, you sound, as the term goes, butt-hurt.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Play4Fun said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Play4Fun said:

What is this BS?

And what's with the Infamous avatar guy? Hardly anyone talks about Infamous (Cole or whatever his name is =p)  and Kratos is a shitty ass character. There are better Non-Nintendo characters to compare link to.

Also, are you people doing these comparisons for fun? Because some people seem to be getting pretty serious in here...

*Cough* radiantshadow92 especially *Cough*

I get pretty serious when people talk down some of my favorite franchises. I am sure you would do the same.

When it comes down to it, they're just fictional characters in a game. So no, I wouldn't because I don't care.

You shouldn't let people use something so stupid to get to you.

When it comes down to it, i dont talk down other games, so others should not either. I am not going to let someone say GOW story sucks and not defend the game. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
LifeLongGamer said:

* Don't bother replying to me, I'm not returning to this site full of nerdy simpletons.

Don't worry, I am not replying to you. I only quoted you to keep your post visible.

I tried to think of something funny to say, but nothing I could come up with was really good. So I'll just say this is one of the moments I am glad to be a Nintendo fan, because my teammates don't pull off nonsense like the above.

Hes right though, you never even played the games and act like Kratos is mad for no reason and likes to hulk smash. When he has reasons for his anger against the Gods. I am just glad i play games and series before i judge them.

RolStoppable said:
LifeLongGamer said:

Don't worry, I am not replying to you. I only quoted you to keep your post visible.

I tried to think of something funny to say, but nothing I could come up with was really good. So I'll just say this is one of the moments I am glad to be a Nintendo fan, because my teammates don't pull off nonsense like the above.

I'm assuming that was a pure troll post, because you don't swoop in to defend God of War by taking a jab at Uncharted, the current holy grail for the Sony fans. His logic is all crosswired

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Hes right though, you never even played the games and act like Kratos is mad for no reason and likes to hulk smash. When he has reasons for his anger against the Gods. I am just glad i play games and series before i judge them.

I played through the first game. Sorry, I don't like Kratos. He is anything but a likeable character. He is the one who agrees to become Ares's servant in order to save his life and then he gets upset, because Ares made him do things that Kratos didn't want to do. Well, that was part of the deal. Kratos acts extremely selfish and continually blames others for his weakness. Perhaps he should hold back for a second and ask himself who got him into all the trouble in the first place.

I just realised that David Jaffe is a genius. He has created a character that modern teenagers can really relate to.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Link kicked more ass in Soul Calibur 2 than Kratos did in Soul Calibur for the PSP.

radiantshadow92 said:
Mad55 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Mad55 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Saruk said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Saruk said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Saruk said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Saruk said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Thats the point, the characters are as strong as the creator makes them to be. Which is why kratos would beat link in a fight, and is why Goku would kill everyone. And Cole is still more popular then all those characters going by sales.

Wait, how is Cole more popular going by sales? Metroid, Kirby and Fire Emblem have been around much longer and have sold much more units. Unless I misunderstood something here

This generation infamous has sold more than those games individually. Either way if someone made a thread about kirby vs kratos....well lets just say it would be funny lol. 

Aren't we looking at the characters though and not their individual games?

There is no way to prove that any of these characters are more popular than the other because its acutally pretty close. Fire emblem is unheard of, Metroid Prime is pretty unheard of this gen, maybe kirby because he had his own tv show.

If there is no way to prove it why did you say Cole was more popular in the first place? Judging by the sales of the characters in question (which you previously stated) he's not. Also, Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime are not characters, they are series. We are looking at the popularity of the characters, it's not between Cole, Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem. It would be Cole, Samus, Roy, and Kirby. Out of these I would say Cole and Roy are the least popular and Samus and Kirby are more popular. Samus and Kirby have been in much more games which have sold much more units so the characters are more popular/well-known/established. It's hard for me to see how their popularity vs Cole's is in question.

Im comparing the games not the characters. And i specifically said, that infamous is more popular according to sales this gen. And that is true. If we are talking characters im not to sure that samus beats cole out anymore. Kirby probably, no one knows who roy is or ike is really. Eiterh way who cares were talking about fights, and those characters wouldn't matter anyways becasue kratos would kill all of them lol

"And Cole is still more popular then all those characters going by sales." This sounds like a comparison between the characters, not the games. It makes no sense to rule out games from last gen and limit it to sales of individual games from this gen. And why would Samus no longer beat out Cole? Was Samus suddenly forgotten by all her fans over the years? Like I said, i'm not sure how you can take characters that have been around for generations and compare their popularity with a new character from this gen.

Like i said there is no real way to tell. I was just going by sales this gen. Samus has really fallen off. While infamous 2 will go on to sell 3 million units. But like i said it doesnt matter =p

But isnt kirby the better sellng this gen as both of his ds games sold 2 million plus?

okay kirby is more popular, for the LAST time it doesnt matter lol

lol im saying you brought up the better sells thing, im just saying.

all is well my yakuza loving friend. 

okayz cools