By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do you Nintendo fans think Link is so powerful?

radiantshadow92 said:
Play4Fun said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Play4Fun said:

What is this BS?

And what's with the Infamous avatar guy? Hardly anyone talks about Infamous (Cole or whatever his name is =p)  and Kratos is a shitty ass character. There are better Non-Nintendo characters to compare link to.

Also, are you people doing these comparisons for fun? Because some people seem to be getting pretty serious in here...

*Cough* radiantshadow92 especially *Cough*

I get pretty serious when people talk down some of my favorite franchises. I am sure you would do the same.

When it comes down to it, they're just fictional characters in a game. So no, I wouldn't because I don't care.

You shouldn't let people use something so stupid to get to you.

When it comes down to it, i dont talk down other games, so others should not either. I am not going to let someone say GOW story sucks and not defend the game. 

ill agree with this if someone told me one of my favorite games story sucked id defend.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Hes right though, you never even played the games and act like Kratos is mad for no reason and likes to hulk smash. When he has reasons for his anger against the Gods. I am just glad i play games and series before i judge them.

I played through the first game. Sorry, I don't like Kratos. He is anything but a likeable character. He is the one who agrees to become Ares's servant in order to save his life and then he gets upset, because Ares made him do things that Kratos didn't want to do. Well, that was part of the deal. Kratos acts extremely selfish and continually blames others for his weakness. Perhaps he should hold back for a second and ask himself who got him into all the trouble in the first place.

play the games, your points are invalid because you know nothing of kratos except for that one game. Its like you keep repeating the same thing over and over yet you dont know the reason why ares did what he did.

RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

play the games, your points are invalid because you know nothing of kratos except for that one game. Its like you keep repeating the same thing over and over yet you dont know the reason why ares did what he did.

I keep repeating myself in hopes to get more information. Why don't you spill the beans?

That would be horrible. Its my favorite hack and slash this gen. You know it really sucks you "Wii only" guys dont play some of the best games this gen. Or atleast try them. Steal a ps3 or something bro.

KylieDog said:

Link is a bit of a gimp.  I mean you talk (mime) to some guy and say "Give me a bottle I need it to help save the entire realm" and the shop owner says "Nah, go dive to the bottom of oceans and inside of volcanos fetching me bits of rock" and rather than just stab him and take the bottle Link actually goes and fetches this stuff.  For a bottle...

Link abides by the rules. I know that's out of vogue for superheroes or gaming heroes or any fictional role-model today, but that's what he does

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Link is powerful and awesome two in one.

Anyone who's breaking the law is obvious a criminal.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

That would be horrible. Its my favorite hack and slash this gen. You know it really sucks you "Wii only" guys dont play some of the best games this gen. Or atleast try them. Steal a ps3 or something bro.

God of War 3 is more of the same thing I didn't like. I had a copy of God of War 2 lying on the floor of my living room for a whole month without ever playing it. I am not going to play these games to learn their story.

That's why I ask you to just fill me in on the whole story which I apparently don't understand. What is this greater plan Zeus had for Kratos?

HUGE SPOILER FOR GOWIII NO ONE READ THIS!!!!

-You probably know that Zeus is Kratos's father. Zeus was afraid of the power of Kratos so he always wanted him to stay weak and under his control. Ares wanted to impress Zeus and thats why he goes on the rampage in the first place, he was angered because Zeus didnt care for him. When Kratos opened pandoras box zeuses fear grew even greater even though he knew he needed for kratos to stop ares. So thats where part 2 starts off. Zeus betrays Kratos and kills him and the titans save him and show him why Zues is such dick and the point of part 2 is to go back in time and stop Zeus from killing Kratos with the blade of olympus *the almighty weapon he needed*. He did so, and brought back all the titans from the original war with him * the original war was the war between all the titans and the gods and thats why the titans want revenge*. The point is that Kratos was a pawn in Zeus's chess game the whole time because Zeus was afriad of his sons power *Zeus basically casted his own father and feared the same for himself* and part 3 is all about the realization for kratos about forgiveness and the ending is epic. Kratos changes in the end thats the point. any questions?

RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

any questions?

Why does Zeus allow Ares to make a deal with Kratos in the first place? I mean, if Zeus was trying to keep Kratos under control he surely would be watching when his son was going into a big battle? It doesn't sound like Zeus wanted to kill Kratos before the Ares incident, because otherwise he could have easily got rid of him. When Kratos begged Ares for help, Zeus should have stepped in, because he should be aware that Ares can grant people a lot of power which is exactly what Zeus didn't want Kratos to have.

Zues didnt want to reveal to anyone that kratos was his son. He NEVER steps in for anyone. I am pretty sure he wanted for Ares to have kratos in his grasp. Ares didn't grant him any sort of huge power, it was the pandoras box that did it. Zues never expected for Ares to go AWOL and his only hope was for Kratos to kill him because gods cannot fight other gods. I think Zues made all the right calls. He killed kratos right when he was at his strongest and backstabbed him. He just didnt expect Kratos to take over the sisters of fate and control time. That was his only mistake. Oh and sending the gods to kill him one by one lol

RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Zues didnt want to reveal to anyone that kratos was his son. He NEVER steps in for anyone. I am pretty sure he wanted for Ares to have kratos in his grasp. Ares didn't grant him any sort of huge power, it was the pandoras box that did it. Zues never expected for Ares to go AWOL and his only hope was for Kratos to kill him because gods cannot fight other gods. I think Zues made all the right calls. He killed kratos right when he was at his strongest and backstabbed him. He just didnt expect Kratos to take over the sisters of fate and control time. That was his only mistake. Oh and sending the gods to kill him one by one lol

Doesn't Kratos become the god of war at the end of the first game? It has been a long time since I played it, but I do think that the narrator said as much.

Yeah, and thats why zues kills him in the beg. of part 2. and strips all his powers into the blade of olympus *which is why he needs it*

radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

any questions?

Why does Zeus allow Ares to make a deal with Kratos in the first place? I mean, if Zeus was trying to keep Kratos under control he surely would be watching when his son was going into a big battle? It doesn't sound like Zeus wanted to kill Kratos before the Ares incident, because otherwise he could have easily got rid of him. When Kratos begged Ares for help, Zeus should have stepped in, because he should be aware that Ares can grant people a lot of power which is exactly what Zeus didn't want Kratos to have.

Zues didnt really pay too much attention to anyone (Hercules and Ares complained about having to fight for zues to get notice and even then he ignored them) Also, zues was unaware of the power that pandoras box held. Zues also had more than just Kratos to worry about...

RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Yeah, and thats why zues kills him in the beg. of part 2. and strips all his powers into the blade of olympus *which is why he needs it*

But gods cannot fight other gods.

Its true, thats why He tricked kratos into grabbing the blade of olympus to kill this giant statue thing and it sucked all his power, so then zues beat the living hell out of him, and thats why he got that scar, the game is solid. Trust me i nitpic like crazy, i even think DBZ is a terrible anime.