By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony have already won...

lvader said:
Next generation doesn't exist, there is only current and last generation. Wii and DS are both current generation products.

Yes, but is the DS competing with the PS2, last-generation or not. If so, it's not even close to overall PS2 sales.

Around the Network

At the current rate the DS will easily out sell the PS2 over it's life-time.

lvader said:
Previous years profits don't count for much, Sony gaming division has lost a lot of money in the last 2 years and continue to do so. MS now make money from Xbox products.

Lol, of course it matters. MS aren't making money, they're making their money back. They're still billions in the hole. Sony are still billions up. And Nintendo are always making a profit.

I see your point, But I think you phrased yourself wrongly enough to that people can misunderstand your opinion.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

lvader said:

Isn't the PS2 at 130 mill still going strong? I don't see the DS selling another 70-80 mill. They'll probably pass the hundred mark though.

Around the Network
X-Man said:
lvader said:
Previous years profits don't count for much, Sony gaming division has lost a lot of money in the last 2 years and continue to do so. MS now make money from Xbox products.

Lol, of course it matters. MS aren't making money, they're making their money back. They're still billions in the hole. Sony are still billions up. And Nintendo are always making a profit.

It doesn't matter to share holders, the past doesn't count for anything. What counts is now and the future. The bottom line is that Nintendo and MS are making money and Sony are loseing it.

well i dont think sony alreaady because microsoft will have a better year in 08 maybe it will first be decided in 09 who will become number 2 in this console wars bcaus no one will ever overtake the wii

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

misteromar mk4 said:
Poor Sony fanboys are doing it hard, accepting that Sony are not number one anymore.
 OH horror... i cant play this console cause its not number 1.... arghhhhh... need to lick more number 1 butt. I cant play this great AAA game cause its....not......Number.....1...... /dies 

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

X-Man said:
lvader said:

Isn't the PS2 at 130 mill still going strong? I don't see the DS selling another 70-80 mill. They'll probably pass the hundred mark though.

DS sales are still accelerating, it should sell 70-80 mil in the next 2-3 years.

lvader said:
X-Man said:
lvader said:

It doesn't matter to share holders, the past doesn't count for anything. What counts is now and the future. The bottom line is that Nintendo and MS are making money and Sony are loseing it.

I'm not talking about share holders, i'm talking about how much Sony has made from the Playstation brand. Software sales alone make up the losses from the PS3. And again, MS aren't making money, they're recouping. Nintendo are making a killing though.