By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony have already won...

If the war is between PS3/360, quite frankly, Sony have already won.

Looking back, the PS2 got the bulk of its sales from Europe (Others), not NA or Japan. At the rate the PS3 is selling, it will overtake the 360 in 'Others' by mid-08.

Japan is by far the smallest region but it's certainly not insignificant. Between the PS3 and 360, it pretty much belongs to Sony. The coming of games such as Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII will only further escalate the situation.

That only leaves North America. Microsoft cannot win this war with strong NA sales alone. Unless they can turn this around, they're destined to come in third. 

As I see it, 08 is the make or break year for both Microsoft and Sony. And to some extent, Nintendo. 

If you reply then please give reasonable and logical answers. And for the love of God, no fanboys. 

Around the Network

Mjau Mjau Mjau

Well Soriku will buy one so I guess it must be true.

What war?
If you are refering to videogaming systems and hardware sales, then I am sorry but they all compete against each other, Wii, DS and PSP should be included (in all reality so should PS2 at the moment) If you want to take out systems for some reason then it doesn't look at the whole picture.... seperating home from handheld is ok, (although claiming you cannot compare handheld to home is silly) but taking out the biggest selling system so we can claim Sony a victor is silly.. why not take out the DS form the handheld "war"... that way we can see the PSP is pounding the GBA into the ground.

Also at the moment, the area with the largest PS2 sales is America, though Europe is very lose behind.

No fanboys? Does that mean none of us can post here?

Around the Network

If you don't include Wii, x360, ds or the psp, then the ps3 is the highest selling (total) console/handheld this gen so far!

This is a very silly post, it's like saying the previous generation war was between Microsoft and Nintendo and Microsoft won. Even if you decide to make it simple by discounting Nintendo and looking at Sony vs Microsoft, MS is doing much better right now, they make money on the hardware vs big loss and they are selling a lot more software. Sony is in a world of pain right now and I can't see things getting better for them in the new year.

Well the Wii and DS are the best selling consoles of this generation so clearly they can't be on the same playing field as the Ps3 and 360 right?

X-Man said:

If the war is between PS3/360, quite frankly, Sony have already won.

Looking back, the PS2 got the bulk of its sales from Europe (Others), not NA or Japan. At the rate the PS3 is selling, it will overtake the 360 in 'Others' by mid-08.

Japan is by far the smallest region but it's certainly not insignificant. Between the PS3 and 360, it pretty much belongs to Sony. The coming of games such as Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII will only further escalate the situation.

That only leaves North America. Microsoft cannot win this war with strong NA sales alone. Unless they can turn this around, they're destined to come in third. 

As I see it, 08 is the make or break year for both Microsoft and Sony. And to some extent, Nintendo. 

If you reply then please give reasonable and logical answers. And for the love of God, no fanboys. 

When you actually consider that gamers have limited time and money, and developers have limited resources, these systems are still in competition with the Wii (and the Nintendo DS and PSP to a lesser extent).

Beyond that, the reality is that Worldwide sales numbers really don't matter. The world is not a single market, and each market buys games that suit their tastes; to a certain extent Americans and the "Other" regions buy similar games but there are still a lot of games which are more targeted towards one of the regions over the other.

The PS3 (realistically) doesn't gain much from their lead in Japan because Japaneese centered game development will be focused on the Wii and Nintendo DS. The European Lead will be unimportant because it is negated by the lead Microsoft has in North America and is limited by the ammount of European game development.

OR maybe u cant compare a handheld and wii with a 360 and ps3.

cause we alll know that they all try to hit the same consumers.

lol

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite