By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Dragon Quest X was moved to Project Cafe?

theARTIST0017 said:

Fisrt of I would like to say I've been thinking the same thing. It would be the smarter decision. Plus, it would greatly help Cafe in the begining. 

your first point a) that wouldn't be too much of a problem seeing how the Dragon Quest games don't focus on realistic graphics anyways and more of a stylized "anime" sorts of graphics.

b) true, this would be the only thing that would worry SE. But I'm on the fence on this. On one side, there's that dreaded belief that Cafe will start off slow, and I mean SLOW. Then again SE can just say well this is Nintendo they know what they're doing and plus this game will jump start the Cafe a lot.

But at least we can agree on one thing, SE knows more about the Cafe then we do so whatever they do is for the best . . .

About a) i was mostly thinking on the resources needed to move to a new hardware and if possible or if possible using any feature on Cafe that would benefit the game

The last reason seems to be the strongest one as people mentioned, SE tends to release DQ games on the "winning" console.

But who knows really?

There`s one of two things that could happen: SE could release a Wii version and a Cafe version (with some improvements) on the same day (the day of Cafe`s release), like Nintendo did with Zelda or just release the Wii version on Cafe`s release day, giving the chance for those who have a Wii to play the game on it and those who will be buying a Nintendo console just to play the game, to offer them a choice of either purchasing a Wii or the new Cafe!

Around the Network

that would be cool, but who knows if Wii's RPG fans will more to cafe!?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

DélioPT said:
theARTIST0017 said:

Fisrt of I would like to say I've been thinking the same thing. It would be the smarter decision. Plus, it would greatly help Cafe in the begining. 

your first point a) that wouldn't be too much of a problem seeing how the Dragon Quest games don't focus on realistic graphics anyways and more of a stylized "anime" sorts of graphics.

b) true, this would be the only thing that would worry SE. But I'm on the fence on this. On one side, there's that dreaded belief that Cafe will start off slow, and I mean SLOW. Then again SE can just say well this is Nintendo they know what they're doing and plus this game will jump start the Cafe a lot.

But at least we can agree on one thing, SE knows more about the Cafe then we do so whatever they do is for the best . . .

About a) i was mostly thinking on the resources needed to move to a new hardware and if possible or if possible using any feature on Cafe that would benefit the game

The last reason seems to be the strongest one as people mentioned, SE tends to release DQ games on the "winning" console.

But who knows really?

There`s one of two things that could happen: SE could release a Wii version and a Cafe version (with some improvements) on the same day (the day of Cafe`s release), like Nintendo did with Zelda or just release the Wii version on Cafe`s release day, giving the chance for those who have a Wii to play the game on it and those who will be buying a Nintendo console just to play the game, to offer them a choice of either purchasing a Wii or the new Cafe!

You know, SE has been recently confirming release of DQX for Wii every couple of months. But they haven't really revealed anything about the game other than its well into development. No, info, no screenshots. Seems kind of fishy to me. I think they're doing this so people (in Japan mostly) don't loose interest in the Wii. There is a very good chance they're doing this so they can finally make an announcement that its being moved to Cafe (likely at E3)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
DélioPT said:

But who knows really?

You know, SE has been recently confirming release of DQX for Wii every couple of months. But they haven't really revealed anything about the game other than its well into development. No, info, no screenshots. Seems kind of fishy to me. I think they're doing this so people (in Japan mostly) don't loose interest in the Wii. There is a very good chance they're doing this so they can finally make an announcement that its being moved to Cafe (likely at E3)

I don`t know how they normally treat the Dragon Quest franchise, but seeing a company more secretive than Nintendo is... never seen that! Announced in 2008 and still not a single image.
If that announcment comes at E3 that will be really surprising... or not!

Even if Cafe doesn`t get a version, if it gets released alongside Cafe it would mean really high sales for Cafe just because of that game! :)

If i am remebering correctly all of the Wii games are built in HD and just downscalled to 480p so this shouldnt be an issue to release this on the new machine.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network
Derixs said:

If i am remebering correctly all of the Wii games are built in HD and just downscalled to 480p so this shouldnt be an issue to release this on the new machine.

source please :)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Derixs said:

Yeah I keep hearing this but no one ever shows proof, I'm with theARTIST0017! Source!

miz1q2w3e said:
Derixs said:

Yeah I keep hearing this but no one ever shows proof, I'm with theARTIST0017! Source!

I think the games running on the Dolphin emulator are what is supposed to prove this.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

MrT-Tar said:

DQ has historically gone to a console with a highe userbase and has recently released in the final years of a platforms life.  I don't see why S-E would suddenly make an exception with DQX and launch it on a new untested console which will have a miniscule userbase.

Then why make Dragon Quest X for the Wii, and not the DS?

Best if it went to wii, at least it has some audinece to buy it so it would sell better than it would on cafe due to price.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d