By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Dragon Quest X was moved to Project Cafe?

I think the chance of something happen is pretty slim but in the end it would probably benefit SE aswell. Wii isn`t in the best shape nowadays and releasing a game this big might cut at this time might cut on sales as i don`t think people will be as willing to buy a system, even if just for a game, as there probably they won`t find anything new to play in the future.

Around the Network

Everyone who wants DQ will buy it whatever system it's on, so financially it's not in SE's interests to spend money  changing platform.  It might be that it still gets released on Wii but around the time of Cafe's release - that way non-Wii owning DQ fans could buy a Cafe and play it on that instead (Cafe being backwards compatible).  Some reports suggest that a similar effect took place with people buying a 3DS and a copy of DS Pokemon Black/White to go with it.

@Declan: That could be a smart move. Putting both releases (DQ X and Cafe) next to each other could benefit both sides.

DélioPT said:

As the title asks, what if, instead of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Dragon Quest X gets moved to Project Cafe?

Personally i don`t think that this time Zelda will make the transition to another console. But, seeing as Dragon Quest X is taking all this time to be released - and if i remember, there were rumors that it wouldn`t be released this year - there`s a smaaaall chance that it could be moved to Cafe - Wii not doing that great; doesn`t seem to be the console for RPG lovers'

If it ended up being a launch title or closer to that, it could be a killer app for Cafe`s japanese launch.
The only problems i see in converting the title would be a) time to upgrade to Cafe standards and b) not a big user base to release a game of such caliber.

What do you guys think? Feasible or not?

Fisrt of I would like to say I've been thinking the same thing. It would be the smarter decision. Plus, it would greatly help Cafe in the begining. 

your first point a) that wouldn't be too much of a problem seeing how the Dragon Quest games don't focus on realistic graphics anyways and more of a stylized "anime" sorts of graphics.

b) true, this would be the only thing that would worry SE. But I'm on the fence on this. On one side, there's that dreaded belief that Cafe will start off slow, and I mean SLOW. Then again SE can just say well this is Nintendo they know what they're doing and plus this game will jump start the Cafe a lot.

But at least we can agree on one thing, SE knows more about the Cafe then we do so whatever they do is for the best . . .

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

With over 10 million units sold in Japan they would be crazy to not keep it for Wii.

Moving it too Café would mean more development time and recourses for better graphics and right now sqenix is having a bad time financially so it will be on Wii    

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

If they move it to Cafe they would be better off just making it multiplat across PS3, 360 and Cafe.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Roma said:

With over 10 million units sold in Japan they would be crazy to not keep it for Wii.

Moving it too Café would mean more development time and recourses for better graphics and right now sqenix is having a bad time financially so it will be on Wii    

True, but who's to say that Nintendo couldn't help fund the project? If Nintendo requests SE to move the projects to Cafe, it wouldn't be out of place for Nintendo to help SE in tough times . . .

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
Roma said:

True, but who's to say that Nintendo couldn't help fund the project? If Nintendo requests SE to move the projects to Cafe, it wouldn't be out of place for Nintendo to help SE in tough times . . .

That’s possible. If that’s the case then I hope this happens as the game will look a lot better and have whatever new feature Café will offer

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

DQX won't see the light. SE too busy making facebook/iphone games.

DQ has historically gone to a console with a highe userbase and has recently released in the final years of a platforms life.  I don't see why S-E would suddenly make an exception with DQX and launch it on a new untested console which will have a miniscule userbase.