By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wii won't burn off the fat.

I'm not entirely agree with that, it really depends on what kind of games you play. Of course, when you play a Mario Galaxy or a Zelda Twilight Princess you will hardly lose an ounce, but when you play Raving Rabbids or a WII Sports, in where you use the controls intense and you keep on doing that everyday, you will lose weight in the end. It really depends on what kind of games, how intense the controls are being used, for how long per day and how many days in a row you're playing. Its the same like the goalkeeper IMO will lose less weight in a match then a soccerplayer who runs around the field all the time.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
kber81 said:
trestres said:

On topic: I didnt know that there could be someone as jealous and angry as fanber81, man relax.

Seriously, I have a good laugh too... People really gets angry here... I've found this news by accident today and it recalled me about our Nintendoownsmii fatty... I've started this thread. I don't give a shit about your precious Wii dude. I can buy one or two anytime I want. There are piles of this crap in every market here.

Jealous? about what? Cruis'n? Soul Calibur legends? Mario and Sonic maybe? Give me a break boy...

And no one "gives a shit" about what you "give a shit" about, so I guess we are all on the same page.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

play boxing for an hour no breaks and tell me you dont burn some cals?

I think it also has a lot to do with how you play the games. Sure, you can sit on your couch and flick your wrist back and forth, but there's other ways you can play. When messing around with my friends and acting out the real actions, I've broken into a sweat several times playing Wii Tennis. Granted, it's still no where near as productive as playing the real sport, but playing like that would probably lead to more calories (really kilocalories, but whatever) burned than 60 an hour.

Speaking of losing weight, did you know Light products are VERY BAD for your health? I did research on that and they put stuff in sugar free chewing gum (xylitol, sorbitol) and light drinks (aspartame), which are like poison to the health and can cause easily cancer.
How healthy, losing weight. Better not to eat sugar at all than to use light products. Just as a warning.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Well I'm gonna test this out on Wiifit when it comes out here.

"Like you know"

@ Soriku, I agree it doesn't have to be tiring, but I often want to do more than sit there flicking left and right.... I don't mean flail wildly like some people must do, but play it properly.

mesoteto said:

--yeah that sound real mellow and relaxed

P.S.--also makes you sound like you think you are better then us all, hey i could buy all that crap b/c every thing my ps# touchs turns to gold

Point is it really gets my adrenaline going when people claims I'm angry when I'm not. Do you hear me I'm not ! I'm damn fucking RELAXED ! !  !

P.S. I have no idea if I'm better than you or not.  I know I can buy this GC 1.5 anytime I want so quit this crap about being bitter please.

kber81 said:

P.S. I have no idea if I'm better than you or not.  I know I can buy this GC 1.5 anytime I want so quit this crap about being bitter please.

*Sigh* and with one fell swoop you have removed all doubt about your real intentions with this post.  Please don't bother a thinking community with you blind rantings and thinly veiled jabs at what you view as "competition."

If you do indeed consider the Wii a "GC 1.5" and you have no interest in buying one (as you plainly state you could buy one any time you want,) why post this thread?  Why even engage in discussion about the (implicitly labled) NON-Next Gen console that you have no desire to have anything to do with.

It's flame bait and destructive to a mature, thinking populous.

Please go peddle your insecurities elsewhere.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

What r u talking about?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I used to weigh 10422344378 pounds before I bought the wii. After waiting in line of 2343 centuries, I finally got one. After using the wii for .00000001 seconds, I instantly had lost 9999999999 pounds!!!!!! Soon, I only weighed 1 pound. This is a miracle "diet" and it is all thanks to the wii. BTW, this is not an exaggeration cause it is what really happened whether u like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha