By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games for 2008

I'm not seeing a lot of games to be released in 2008 for the Wii that look that that good.  There is probably only a handfull of games that seam interesting.  I'm sure SSBB will be good and the Fit will sell like hotcakes, but I'm not seeing any games like what I see for the 360 and PS3.  Fill me in on what you think will be good for the Wii in 2008.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Mario Kart
No More Heroes
Pikmin 3 (fingers crossed)
Animal Crossing
Wii Music

Bully

Smash bros brawl,
Mario Kart,
Wii Fit,
Disaster Day of crisis,
Tales of Symphonia 2,
Monster Lab,
Dragon quest swords,
No more heroes,
FF CC (young king) WiiWare,
RedSteel 2,
Final fantasy CC:CB,
Samba de amigo,
Animal crossing,
King's story,
Worms,
Mushroom men,
Wii Music,
Monster hunter 3,
We love golf,
Oboro Muramasa,
Fatal frame 4,
Chocobo's dungeon (hopefully it will come to NA)
Okami,
A new beginning,
Endless ocean,
Mario Baseball,
Wii MotorSports,
Harvest Moon ,
Kirby Wii,
de Blob,
Spore
Blocks,
Fragile,
House of dead 2&3,
Baroque,
Ghostbusters,
Star wars force unleashed,
Rygar,
Civilization revolution, 

Very likely:

-Rockband

-Pikmin 3

-more Nintendo games

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

darklich13 said:
I'm not seeing a lot of games to be released in 2008 for the Wii that look that that good. There is probably only a handfull of games that seam interesting. I'm sure SSBB will be good and the Fit will sell like hotcakes, but I'm not seeing any games like what I see for the 360 and PS3. Fill me in on what you think will be good for the Wii in 2008.

Carlos has already given the long list, but there are three confirmed AAA titles and one rumored one.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: This is bigger than every PS3/360 game but GTA IV next year.
Super Mario Kart: Same.
Wii Fit: Difficult to say how big this is. It's already approaching 1 million in Japan, and unless it really tanks in the US/EU is likely to be at least a 2 million seller.

Possible:

Animal Crossing. Not only is this only rumored, but it's not clear how well a console animal crossing can perform. It's strongest iteration has been on portables thus far, but its console iteration did better than  Killzone 1, Resistance 1, and many other supposed "AAA titles," and its more recent portable incarnation outsold every major game with a sequel next year save GTA. 

The other stuff Carlos mentioned is either AA, or quirky, interesting stuff that fleshes out a system's library. I'd say the PS3/360 have more big titles, but when it comes to "absolutely enormous, sells 6+ million" titles, the Wii may actually have more games next year than either of the other two systems.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

It's not as good as the 360/PS3, but it can hold it's own.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
darklich13 said:
I'm not seeing a lot of games to be released in 2008 for the Wii that look that that good. There is probably only a handfull of games that seam interesting. I'm sure SSBB will be good and the Fit will sell like hotcakes, but I'm not seeing any games like what I see for the 360 and PS3. Fill me in on what you think will be good for the Wii in 2008.

Carlos has already given the long list, but there are three confirmed AAA titles and one rumored one.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: This is bigger than every PS3/360 game but GTA IV next year.
Super Mario Kart: Same.
Wii Fit: Difficult to say how big this is. It's already approaching 1 million in Japan, and unless it really tanks in the US/EU is likely to be at least a 2 million seller.

Possible:

Animal Crossing. Not only is this only rumored, but it's not clear how well a console animal crossing can perform. It's strongest iteration has been on portables thus far, but its console iteration did better than Killzone 1, Resistance 1, and many other supposed "AAA titles," and its more recent portable incarnation outsold every major game with a sequel next year save GTA.

The other stuff Carlos mentioned is either AA, or quirky, interesting stuff that fleshes out a system's library. I'd say the PS3/360 have more big titles, but when it comes to "absolutely enormous, sells 6+ million" titles, the Wii may actually have more games next year than either of the other two systems.

Good analysis. Personally I'm huge on quirky games and RPGs, so next year is looking like a much better year for me on the Wii than this year was. I'll take a cute quirky game like King's Story and an artistic game like Oboro Muramasa (Odin Sphere 2) over a big violent GTA game any day. ^_^

In general though I have to say the release lists for the 3 systems are much more balanced next year than they were this year. This year the 360 had a huge advantage in AAA games, with the Wii and PS3 lagging behind, but next year it's much more equally distributed and it will be interesting to see which group of gamers supports their heavy hitters the most on a relatively equal playing field.

Bully played it on ps2

Smash bros brawl, Want
Mario Kart, Want
Wii Fit, Want
Disaster Day of crisis, no
Tales of Symphonia 2, Never liked this series
Monster Lab, no
Dragon quest swords, nope
No more heroes, didn't get into killer7 to much, so I'll pass on this one
FF CC (young king) WiiWare, to kiddy
RedSteel 2, redsteel sucked
Final fantasy CC:CB, CC sucked IMO
Samba de amigo, This looks good!!
Animal crossing, could be good if new elements are brought to the table
King's story, hmmm
Worms, i have this on my Amiga
Mushroom men, hmmm again
Wii Music, this could be cool, do you have a link?
Monster hunter 3, no monster hunter
We love golf, if the controls are good this could be good
Oboro Muramasa,
Fatal frame 4, give me silent hill
Chocobo's dungeon (hopefully it will come to NA) hated the playstation game
Okami, played it on PS2
A new beginning, more information please
Endless ocean, more information please
Mario Baseball, not a fan of baseball games, but if mario is in it it could be awesome
Wii MotorSports, nothanks
Harvest Moon , actually like this on the DS, so mabey
Kirby Wii, not a fan of kirby
de Blob, geezs
Spore PC version I'll buy
Blocks, haha
Fragile, no
House of dead 2&3, ugh shooting games
Baroque, yee
Ghostbusters, will get the 360/ps3 version
Star wars force unleashed, will get the 360/ps3 version
Rygar, looks good
Civilization revolution will get the 360/ps3 version

Very likely:

-Rockband

-Pikmin 3

-Many more Nintendo games

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

baroque
no more heroes
smash bros brawl
mario kart wii
tales of symphonia: knights of rastanok
oboro muramasa

i want those bad

Well the problem doesnt seem to be good wii games in 2008, the problem seems to be your narrow desire of games. You just dont want a lot of the games that will be coming out. Im sure there will be games that will appeal to you more and more as time goes on. No worries.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

darklich, looks like you've got quite a few in that list that you want.. i'm getting (for sure) mario kart, smash bros.. (and depending on feedback) disaster, redsteel 2, wii fit, wii music, force unleashed.. but that is already more games i've ever owned during any other consoles entire lifespan, so i probably would only be getting the first two and 2 or 3 max of the maybe games