By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

3 Nintendo Killer ap in my mind for 2008 :

- Super smash bros Brawl
- Wii fit
- Mario Kart Wii

Another great year for Nintendo!!

+ new big annoucement for Wii at E3 like a new zelda and it will be easely 40 millions Wii worldwide at the end of the year

Around the Network

I think there are two key problems here 1), there is a difference between games you like coming out and games coming out, 2) we don't even know half fo the games coming out next year.  For example with point 1, I could say the PS2 had one of the worst game lineups in history just because I only cared for a handful of games on it.  As we all know however, that is not in any objective sense true.

Anyways this seems popular so I'll do it as well using Naz's system of Green = yes, Blue = maybe, and Red = no:

Bully
Smash bros brawl
Mario Kart
Wii Fit
Disaster Day of crisis
Tales of Symphonia 2
Monster Lab
Dragon quest swords - if it had come out before July I would have bought it, at the time swinging the wiimote for the sake of swinging the wiimote was great, not anymore 

No more heroes
FF CC (young king) WiiWare
RedSteel 2 - Going to have to see some real improvement to consider it
Final fantasy CC:CB
Samba de amigo
Animal crossing
King's story
Worms
Mushroom men  - Looks interesting but it'll need 8/10 and above reviews
Wii Music
Monster hunter 3 - I know nothing of the series but the Wii stole it from the PS3 so I'm looking into it
We love golf
Oboro Muramasa
Fatal frame 4
Chocobo's dungeon
Okami
A new beginning
Endless ocean
Mario Baseball - I'm sure it'll be great but my baseball needs are covered by MLB Power Pros so it'll have to be greater than great.

Wii MotorSports
Harvest Moon
Kirby Wii
de Blob
Spore
Blocks
Fragile
House of dead 2&3
Baroque
Ghostbusters - Depends on how much they dumb down the Wii version.
Star wars force unleashed - See above.  Also mainly depends on the lightsaber controls and whether replaying KotOR 1&2 satisfies my Star Wars itch for the next year.

Rygar
Civilization revolution - Can't imagine buying it for any other system (besides the DS which I will also buy)

So not including all the games we know nothing of that's already 9 definite buys and 9 potential buys for me.  Add in unknown games, VC games (Majora's Mask has got to come next year), DS games, and PC games and I'll be more than set.

DISASTER day of crisis really looking forward to tht looks good

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Wii Bjork: Icelandic Fury
Oh and Disaster day of Crisis
and the Monolith/ Nin. RPG
And Brawl.

First of all, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is bigger than GT5 and Grand Theft Auto. Mario Kart Wii is about the same level as GT5 and GTA.

Smash Bros Brawl
Kart Wii
Fit

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
naznatips said:

So for me a lot of games like Fragile, Ghost Busters, Star Wars, etc. may be purchased on PC instead.

I'm looking forward to both Ghostbusters and Star wars on Wii. Seems like RedFly studios it's making a good effort with their Ghostbuster game... I'm a little worried about Star wars Force unleashed on Wii, but WiiMote+light saber is too much to pass !

One day i'll feel like a real ghostbuster and the next day as a true sith... and by the way, it's fragile coming to the PC?

No, it's not. I meant to put Spore there and for some reason typed Fragile instead haha.

albionus, no Brawl?! For shame! Kidding hehe. Obviously the strength of the Wii's library (like any game system's library) is dependant on what genres and game styles you like. If you are big on console FPS games, the Wii's library sucks next year.

The only real big Wii FPS next year is Red Steel 2, which I agree will have to have major improvements. However, there were only a few things that really kept Red Steel from being a good game: Unresponsive controls (already been corrected in MP3 and MoH:H2), no online play (already confirmed for the game), and some half-assed cutscenes. Fix these issues and Red Steel 2 could really be a defining console FPS.

If you want more RPGs, why did you put Baroque in red? Just curious...

I'm getting Wii Fit, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii and No More Heroes for now. There will probably be loads of great third party games as well.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Has nobody mentioned Battalion Wars 2 yet?

I think that these games would be good for it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e72sYdy2gWs

Why all the Brawl hate or pessimism? that game is going to be the best game of the gen for sure. Well for me, green = yes, blue = maybe, red = no

Bully
Smash bros brawl, I bought my Wii just for this game and Zelda.
Mario Kart,
Wii Fit, it wil problaby cost more than $120 here and I'm not going to pay that much to play WiiFit
Disaster Day of crisis,
Tales of Symphonia 2, hmm...
Monster Lab,
Dragon quest swords,
No more heroes,
FF CC (young king) WiiWare,
RedSteel 2, I think ubisoft will do a good job on this game, otherwise it won't sell.
Final fantasy CC:CB,
Samba de amigo, need more details.
Animal crossing, not a sim fan.
King's story, looks interesting.
Worms,
Mushroom men,
Wii Music,
Monster hunter 3, I like monster hunter games but I suck at them, anyway I will buy it.
We love golf, controls has to be perfect.
Oboro Muramasa,
Fatal frame 4,
Chocobo's dungeon
Okami, don't have a PS2
A new beginning, need more details.
Endless ocean,
Mario Baseball,
Wii MotorSports, more details.
Harvest Moon , not a sim fan.
Kirby Wii, more details.
de Blob, has to be budget priced.
Spore ^same
Blocks, ^same
Fragile,
House of dead 2&3, I love light gun shooters.
Baroque, has to be good
Ghostbusters,
Star wars force unleashed, has to be great otherwise, no
Rygar,
Civilization revolution, need some gameplay vids.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d