By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you having fun?

Why don't you try Mass Effect that should calm you down from Call of duty. 

Around the Network

im doing some incline flys right now...i think they are fun. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

This is so true, sometimes I just play games for the sake of playing games, even if they are terrible. I don't currently have the time or the money to buy and play games either.

From now on, I will only play the games that I really want to play or I won't play games at all, simple as that.

I haven't really played a game other than the occasional COD4 online session so far this year. I completed Crysis 2 which was alright I guess and I also completed Tales of Vesperia, but that was months ago.

I have ordered the Tomb Raider Trilogy however, now that is a game I WANT to play!

When I'm waiting for new games to come out I will play older and much cheaper games, maybe re-discover some PS1 / DC / PS2 / GC games.

A lot of games have felt like that to me. Which is why I haven't bought many recently. The only games I plan to buy this year for the same reason are inFamous 2, Dark Souls and Twisted Metal. Those are the only three I feel i'll be playing because i'm enjoying them. Not because I have to finish them.

d21lewis said:

I'm sure everybody is having fun (or at least I hope they are). 

I grabbed a game that was technically impressive a couple of months ago.  I won't name the game.  Anyway, after playing it for about three hours, I realized that even though it looked good and was a key weapon in internet arguments, the game sucked hard.  It just wasn't fun at all.  I traded it in.

It's easy to get caught up in "Console Wars", bragging rights, graphics comparisons, etc.  If the game isn't fun, none of that stuff matters.  Wii gamers, Kinect gamers, PSN gamers, XBL gamers, etc. have all figured this out.  "Technically impressive" does not equal "Good".  Keep having your brand fun, people.  It's the only thing that matters.

Not gonna say but I think I have a decent guess as to what game you're talking about. I was pretty excited for it but passed after playing the beta and demo extensively. These days if I feel that the game may be a chore in any way, especially if it's in gameplay, I don't take the risk. I can do a lot with 64$.

Around the Network
mchaza said:

Honestly are you having Fun playing games right now?

Because what got me thinking when recollecting my memories of playing online shooters over the past years is i barely had any fun over that period of time and that it was mainly fustrating grind full of rage quits. Also that when you are doing something over and over you may get into an phase of just playing games for the sake of playing games, you really get no statifisfaction or joy or entertainment from playing them you just progress though the game. 

I say its very interesting topic because there are many things in life you just get bored of, video games are no exception. But we do have the luxary of having multiple types of games and are able to swtich between vareity with ease and recapture the fun and joy from games once more. 

My Kindle has completely replaced my PSP.

When I play the PS3 I always get that nagging feeling that I could be doing something more productive. These day I probably spend more time reading video game news than playing video games.

d21lewis said:

I grabbed a game that was technically impressive a couple of months ago.  I won't name the game.  Anyway, after playing it for about three hours, I realized that even though it looked good and was a key weapon in internet arguments, the game sucked hard.  It just wasn't fun at all.  I traded it in.

It's easy to get caught up in "Console Wars", bragging rights, graphics comparisons, etc.  If the game isn't fun, none of that stuff matters.  Wii gamers, Kinect gamers, PSN gamers, XBL gamers, etc. have all figured this out.  "Technically impressive" does not equal "Good".  Keep having your brand fun, people.  It's the only thing that matters.

I think I know what game you are on about, in fact, there are TWO games which match your description that I bought recently. As terrible as the game was though, the fact that it was a technical achievement makes you want to play through the game just to see the graphics, even if the gameplay is awful.

It could be worse, it could be a terrible game AND ugly as hell.

silicon said:

My Kindle has completely replaced my PSP.

What's a Kindle? I know I could have just googled it and hidden my ignorance but please just tell me.

When I play the PS3 I always get that nagging feeling that I could be doing something more productive. These day I probably spend more time reading video game news than playing video games.

This used to happen to me too, mainly because I leave both the Wii and DS at home for my bros to play while I'm at college. But that's about to change as I just got a personal DSi(bros can keep the DSlite, bwahaha!) and I'm at home now so I've started NMH2 and Metroid OM.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

IMU1808 said:
d21lewis said:

Not gonna say but I think I have a decent guess as to what game you're talking about. I was pretty excited for it but passed after playing the beta and demo extensively. These days if I feel that the game may be a chore in any way, especially if it's in gameplay, I don't take the risk. I can do a lot with 64$.

Well done, that was subtle xD.

I'm completing 4 games per month right now. I have still around 20 games to finish before Dark Souls and Skyrim.

And I'm enjoying most of these games very very much. Completing Dead Space right now. I didn't give it proper time the first time I tried it. But wow it's just so good. Same with Bioshock last week, I finally actually completed it, and now I have to play Bioshock 2. And Assassin's Creed 2 I completed around two weeks ago, so amazing. Can't wait to put my hands on Brotherhood and Revelations.

I love gaming (almost) more than ever did in my life.