By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you having fun?

I'm sure everybody is having fun (or at least I hope they are). 

I grabbed a game that was technically impressive a couple of months ago.  I won't name the game.  Anyway, after playing it for about three hours, I realized that even though it looked good and was a key weapon in internet arguments, the game sucked hard.  It just wasn't fun at all.  I traded it in.

It's easy to get caught up in "Console Wars", bragging rights, graphics comparisons, etc.  If the game isn't fun, none of that stuff matters.  Wii gamers, Kinect gamers, PSN gamers, XBL gamers, etc. have all figured this out.  "Technically impressive" does not equal "Good".  Keep having your brand fun, people.  It's the only thing that matters.

Around the Network

whats stopps me having fun is that i never play1 single game all to the end i play multiple gamesbit by bit, therefore accumulate a lot of titles, whichin turn lessens fun as many times certaingames drop off the backlogue games are gettingbetter though, im having a blast with apache airassault

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

mchaza said:
voty2000 said:

I would not waste my time on a hobby that I didn't enjoy and it surprises me that others agree with the OP.  Why would you play something and not have fun playing it?  I get frustrated at times but only for brief moments and would never rage quit.

It's a hobby.

well my point is that i wasn't having fun yet i was still pushing my self to do it. Tho this doesn't happen before, with so less time i have to game now i cherish each moment with great game of wide variety. but i am sure there are many gamers who dont game for fun especially on the online shooter space in games like COD.

I got your point I just don't understand why anyone would do that except the few that play for money.  It's a hobby.

Yeah, I'm having fun.

The best way to have fun is to buy what you know you like to play... I don't buy games based on hype, graphics or popularity... and don't care about online.

I play what I like and don't care if everyone around me plays something else or talks about something else.

I had lots of fun replaying GODHAND on the PS2 emulator :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

I feel like OP when looking back at some MMO experiences.

After wasting some years on them, I've completely ditched MMOs and almost completely ditched online multiplayer, since I just tend to become overly competitive and invest into the game too much time and effort for it to leave me enough of either time for real life obligations or enjoyement.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

i have no time to have fun!

i'm way to busy convincing the owners of the "other" consoles that they don't have fun!

LOL! I'm actually having fun! I've never played anything online before even though I've sat and watched people play COD online. I always play local co-op and competitive games and I love them so much! I only own a wii right now, lost my PSP and my DS needs repairs. But I'll say Smash Bros Brawl is my best multiplayer game of all time, MArio Galaxy is the most fun I've had this gen and Metal Gear Acid on the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2 blew me away with great stories, unique boss fights...............I can go on

Off topic, I can't figure out how to add more games to my collection on this site since they upgraded the Gamerconnect. If I type a game in the search box, it will search for a user. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

tolu619 said:
Porcupine_I said:

i have no time to have fun!

i'm way to busy convincing the owners of the "other" consoles that they don't have fun!

LOL! I'm actually having fun! I've never played anything online before even though I've sat and watched people play COD online. I always play local co-op and competitive games and I love them so much! I only own a wii right now, lost my PSP and my DS needs repairs. But I'll say Smash Bros Brawl is my best multiplayer game of all time, MArio Galaxy is the most fun I've had this gen and Metal Gear Acid on the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2 blew me away with great stories, unique boss fights...............I can go on

Off topic, I can't figure out how to add more games to my collection on this site since they upgraded the Gamerconnect. If I type a game in the search box, it will search for a user. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Search for the game in the gamrReview section, click on the game you searched, click on "add game" and you're done.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Right now, not really. I'll literally have been grinding for weeks to be able to sweep six battles that'll probably take me under an hour and a half (if they go smoothly). Honestly i don't know why i'm doing it, i must believe that paltry achievement is worth it

Eh, after this i'll switch to some good, mindless slaughtering and replay NMH2

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Playing CoD now, and been having fun smashing crappy players all night.  Most days though its just an endless grind.    The most fun i've ever had playing online was Resistance2 Co-op mode with friends and CoD4 when it came out.  CoD4 was amazing the first time i played it.  Made it to 54th in kills before the constant online problems the game was having drove me away, if no problems i could have been top 10 no problem :(

@Jdevil3, thanks! At MrKhan, I'm just starting NMH2 for the first time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs