By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3: Sony 'Leaps And Bounds Ahead' Of Microsoft

Xen said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

No shit. In my eyes, they are leaps and bounds ahead of Nintendo as well.

Just curious but why? Nintendo in my eyes has the IP department on lock. I'd say they have an entire 2-3 tiers of IPs with more selling potential than anything Sony is able to produce. Anything we can really judge IP success by is something Nintendo crushes Sony at overall. 

Sales? It's very likely that they'll outdo Sony indeed (99% chance!). I just don't like the fact that they barely make any worthy new IP's, and the ones that they do have are redone to all hell, time and time again (with nice breathes of air, like Wind Waker, SMG, and DKC Returns, some others). Make something new, guys. The genre diversity is also not as big as Sony's.

BEST GAME OF WII NEED SEQUEL NAO!

@Yo_john

WOW only a week away now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

YEp, I agree, and at the risk of sounding biased, I think Sony is doing it all and much better than the 360, with the exclusion being actual software sales. Then again the only real exclusive sellers on the 360 are it's FPS. Anyways, I'm sony has just as many new IPs to announce as MS. This E3 is gonna be great.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

Just curious but why? Nintendo in my eyes has the IP department on lock. I'd say they have an entire 2-3 tiers of IPs with more selling potential than anything Sony is able to produce. Anything we can really judge IP success by is something Nintendo crushes Sony at overall. 

Sales? It's very likely that they'll outdo Sony indeed (99% chance!). I just don't like the fact that they barely make any worthy new IP's, and the ones that they do have are redone to all hell, time and time again (with nice breathes of air, like Wind Waker, SMG, and DKC Returns, some others). Make something new, guys. The genre diversity is also not as big as Sony's.

@Yo_john

Longest week ever though >_<

darthdevidem01 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

Because in "his eyes" SONY's IP's are probably of a better quality.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Sony has a 5 hour press conference! Sony promised that they will announce many new and returung titles to the PS3. They may even begin talking about the PS4. I also have a strong feeling they will announce GT6 more info on Starhawk, Uncharted 3, Rachet and Clank. Possibly Agent even gets a release date this year around Q3 and Q4. Sony will win

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

@Yo_john

The week before Star Wars Episode 3 released was longer <_<

Now if SONY's conference really was 5 hours long it would be the longest week evarr!! j/k

The SONY conference is at a horrible time though, 1AM :-O

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Areym said:

YEp, I agree, and at the risk of sounding biased, I think Sony is doing it all and much better than the 360, with the exclusion being actual software sales. Then again the only real exclusive sellers on the 360 are it's FPS. Anyways, I'm sony has just as many new IPs to announce as MS. This E3 is gonna be great.

Umm, sorry, but that's blatantly false.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

sony has so many big franchises that can be rebirth in this generation or others that is time they get a sequel... Only to mention Crash bandiccot (franchise abandoned by activision), jak and daxter, heavenly sword, syphon filter, wild arms, legend of dragoon, chrono cross (i know it is from square), the getaway, demons souls (a true sequel), siren, persona ps3.... and a lot more, the potential of sony is incredible big

darthdevidem01 said:
yo_john117 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
Onyxmeth said:

@Yo_john

The week before Star Wars Episode 3 released was longer <_<

Now if SONY's conference really was 5 hours long it would be the longest week evarr!! j/k

The SONY conference is at a horrible time though, 1AM :-O

Oh damn that is a bad time for you...I think its at 8PM for me.

Is the Sony conference really 5 hours long? 0_o

1AM for darth = 3AM for me.

Aw, what joy, I gotta sit to freakin morning :O