By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3: Sony 'Leaps And Bounds Ahead' Of Microsoft

Chibi.V.29 said:

Lol good luck with that *goes and rofls in he corner*

=O

There are plenty of great 3rd party games for the Wii!

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:

Does anyone know what time Sony E3 starts in the UK/GMT? 

i heard its like 2am... i REALLY hope not

No it's 1am, such a shame :/

mundus6 said:
thismeintiel said:
xinstantnoodlez said:
thismeintiel said:
xinstantnoodlez said:

But microsoft IPs sell millions more than Sony IPs...soooo whats the deal?

Well, I would agree with you, but you got one thing going against you.  You're wrong.

name one sony game that outsold either gears, or halo??

You said MS IP's.  MS does not own Gears of War, so it doesn't even count.  Of course, you do have GT5, which should end up selling at least 9-11 mil. 

Actually they do hence why it has only appeared on MS platforms and what does that matter? MGS4 is still a PS3 exclusive even though Sony doesn't own it.

there's a simple list to check if you want to know that you're wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Game_Studios

MS owns quite a few more IPs than I thought, and some kinda weird stuff like Zoo Tycoon, but Gears of War is quite clearly all Epic's and if you're making an argument about how well MS IP's sell it has no place in it.

darthdevidem01 said:

bah dunno about any of this.

I just want E3 to start now already!

Seconded. And also, duh. 

Sony have more companies, and more going on. 

Also, Nintendo have it to lose. Depends on Cafe and Wii games IMO. More Zelda, less Wii___

Sony may win with a surprise $99 NGP

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Chibi.V.29 said:
brendude13 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

No shit. In my eyes, they are leaps and bounds ahead of Nintendo as well.

Just curious but why? Nintendo in my eyes has the IP department on lock. I'd say they have an entire 2-3 tiers of IPs with more selling potential than anything Sony is able to produce. Anything we can really judge IP success by is something Nintendo crushes Sony at overall. 

Comparing the sales of Nintebndo first parts game and sony is kinda unfair. If you buy a nintendo system you buy it for the nintendo games since there 3rd party support is so bad (compared to ps360 anyway). Where as with the 360 and ps3 aswell as the first party games there is a massive number of 3rd party games.

I'm going to buy a Wii soon and most of the games are 3rd party I believe.

Hey! It has Monster Hunter, and Resi, and Okami, and Conduit, and Goldeneye, and Epic Mickey, and NMH, and...others

But Nintendo is 1st party. End of.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
brendude13 said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Xen said:

No shit. In my eyes, they are leaps and bounds ahead of Nintendo as well.

Just curious but why? Nintendo in my eyes has the IP department on lock. I'd say they have an entire 2-3 tiers of IPs with more selling potential than anything Sony is able to produce. Anything we can really judge IP success by is something Nintendo crushes Sony at overall. 

Comparing the sales of Nintebndo first parts game and sony is kinda unfair. If you buy a nintendo system you buy it for the nintendo games since there 3rd party support is so bad (compared to ps360 anyway). Where as with the 360 and ps3 aswell as the first party games there is a massive number of 3rd party games.

Hey! It has Monster Hunter, and Resi, and Okami, and Conduit, and Goldeneye, and Epic Mickey, and NMH, and...others

I was about to make a list there, thanks for doing it for me xD.

Nintendo does have substantially more 1st party devs than everyone else though, I'll agree with that.

brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
brendude13 said:

Nintendo does have substantially more 1st party devs than everyone else though, I'll agree with that.

It's alright, but the list is really just embarrasing. I know I'm missing a few, but seriously? Nintendo is 1st Party, MS 3rd, Sony in the middle. So they're 'leaps and bounds' ahead in one respect, but not in the other. So it all levels out in the end (even if Sony maybe nudged in front of Nintendo this gen overall, they've both upped their game massively).

Conegamer said:
brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
brendude13 said:

It's alright, but the list is really just embarrasing. I know I'm missing a few, but seriously? Nintendo is 1st Party, MS 3rd, Sony in the middle. So they're 'leaps and bounds' ahead in one respect, but not in the other. So it all levels out in the end (even if Sony maybe nudged in front of Nintendo this gen overall, they've both upped their game massively).

Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and Okami are some of the best games this gen though! =O

But yeah, I'll agree with what you said there, Nintendo is mainly 1st party.

brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
brendude13 said:

Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and Okami are some of the best games this gen though! =O

How are they this gen when they are all ports of last gen games? Except Monster Hunter which is a sequel to last gen games and plays exactly like the previous installments?

mundus6 said:
brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
brendude13 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
brendude13 said:

How are they this gen when they are all ports of last gen games? Except Monster Hunter which is a sequel to last gen games and plays exactly like the previous installments?

Why is everybody picking on me *cries in the corner*.

They are still on a current gen system, and what can I say, I'm a sucker for re-makes.