By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unbelievable!The Greatest sales number console - PS2 surpassed by DS! (JAP)

Ajax said:
handhelds and console aren't DIRECT competitors of each othe

Only in YOUR eyes....

All a consumer who owns ONE system already has to do is think:  "I already have a gaming system, why do I need another?  I don't need one.... I'll just keep my DS" and thus, sales for a console don't exist. 

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Yeah, but it didn't pass the over all Playstation 2 sales in Japan.

What does that mean? What numbers are you talking about?

What numbers am I talking about? Total sales numbers. The Nintendo DS has not surpassed the total number of Playstation 2 sales in Japan, yet. Correct?

a.l.e.x59 said:
fkusumot said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Yeah, but it didn't pass the over all Playstation 2 sales in Japan.

What does that mean? What numbers are you talking about?

What numbers am I talking about? Total sales numbers. The Nintendo DS has not surpassed the total number of Playstation 2 sales in Japan, yet. Correct?

I can't really blame you, since the OP didn't provide a link, but it has surpassed the PS2's total system sales in Japan. I made a thread that gave a link, but it was locked for repeating (although it wasn't even in the same forum )

Here's an actual article about this milestone.

DS overtakes PS2 lifetime sales in Japan

Over the past few months, we've all grown used to digesting statistics and factoids that sum up the DS's dominance in Japan. That's not to say we've grown tired of them, however, so here's another pretty sweet stat: over the holiday period, the DS whooshed effortlessly past the lifetime sales of Sony's PlayStation 2.

That's according to Japanese sales tracker Media Create, which got its abacus out to calculate that the DS has now shifted 20,954,157 units, compared to 20,901,468 PS2s. What's even more impressive is how quickly Nintendo's handheld has pulled off the feat -- let's not forget that Sony's console has been on the Japanese market for an extra four and a half years. A hearty "Congrats!" to you, Nintendo.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

What? Just over 20 million Playstation 2 consoles have been sold in Japan? That means that around 100 million consoles were sold else where. I assume that it did the best in North America. It didn't do too well in Japan, when compared to other regions, did it?

macross said:

I love this pic.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
What? Just over 20 million Playstation 2 consoles have been sold in Japan? That means that around 100 million consoles were sold else where. I assume that it did the best in North America. It didn't do too well in Japan, when compared to other regions, did it?

Yet if that record is the best in Japan, this shows other consoles don't sell so hot there either.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs